Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Did Poch get his 23-24 desired squad, feels we have over 30 right now.

Sanchez,Petrovic,

RJ,Gusto,Silva,Disasi,Colwill,BB,Chilwell,CuCu,Trev,Maatsen

Enzo,Caicedo,Lavia,Conor,Ugo

Sterling,Noni,Palmer,Nkunku,Mudryk,Carney

Jackson,Broja

Makes 25.

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Less than 4 months window is open again. And we have 3 international breaks coming. Plus injuries. No worries. 

Absolutely - players coming back from long term injuries who shouldnt be rushed (Broja, Badiashile), players out for another few weeks/months (Chukwu/Nkunku), Jackson gone for the AFCON + guys who would not expect a lot of minutes anyway (Washington, Ugo maybe) + your daily Chelsea injuries. So 24 field players isnt too much atm. 

Tbh if Maatsen doesnt sign an extension I would send him to U21.

Edited by Gundalf

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

We all expected 3 players to go to Strasbourg. Only Angelo in the end. 

Very weird. Especially the Washington one. What tf is going to happen with him? Send him to work with our dev team? He’d have been better served staying on loan at Santos. Feels like someone fucked up here.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Very weird. Especially the Washington one. What tf is going to happen with him? Send him to work with our dev team? He’d have been better served staying on loan at Santos. Feels like someone fucked up here.

But to be fair there wasnt even 1 rumour or news concerning a loan move since we signed him - so maybe this wasnt even on the table. 

Just now, Gundalf said:

But to be fair there wasnt even 1 rumour or news concerning a loan move since we signed him - so maybe this wasnt even on the table. 

The most interesting one was Moreira getting a loan deal with Lyon, thought for sure we would be sending them Santos/one of the other brazilian kids. 

Still can't believe we actually sent Santos to Nottingham Forest, they've signed like 10 midfielders on deadline day.  

43 minutes ago, Pizy said:

33 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

I don't know if this means anything but he's put on his Instagram story two posters with his picture, Stamford Bridge in the background and the kick off times for tomorrow's game in both Brazil and England. 

12 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I don't know if this means anything but he's put on his Instagram story two posters with his picture, Stamford Bridge in the background and the kick off times for tomorrow's game in both Brazil and England. 

Could he be replacing Burstow as the “last few minutes of the game” striker? Kind of hard for me to imagine that it was Poch’s intention and plan to have yet another totally unproven and raw teenager to depend on in an already inexperienced squad. Feels to me like we bought him with the clear idea of sending him straight out on loan but simply ran out of time.

Although…..Fabrizio has been saying in some of the tweets about Washington that it wasn’t actually certain that he’d go out on loan and he could stay. So I don’t know whether to believe my gut feeling or Fab.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Washington was backup to Marcos Leonardo another young and probably most promising Brazilian striker who is weirdly still in Santos. Don't expect him to play for us all of a sudden. 

Washington was 17 and is a better prospect than the 20yo Leonardo, who is developing fitness issues 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Washington was 17 and is a better prospect than the 20yo Leonardo, who is developing fitness issues 

It's 2 years difference between them. One has 49 goals other 2. We cannot know if Washington is better prospect but I do hope he ends up better because he is ours.