Tomo

Writing off all the players who are on the brink of leaving we have:

GK - Sanchez - Petrovic - Bettinelli

CB - Silva - Colwill - Disasi - Badiashile

FB - James - Gusto - Chilwell - Cucu/Maatsen

CM/DM - Caicedo - Lavia - Ugochukwu - Enzo - Gallagher 

ATT - Nkunku - Chukwuemeka - Sterling - Mudryk - Madueke

ST - Jackson - Broja

That is a 23 man squad. We can wiggle a lot with registration as a lot of these players are HG, u21 or both. With one more attacking player we can close the squad. Probably one of Chalobah or Bashir can stay for cover, but it will probably be an overkill for this season. 

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

We should buy Wirtz, but he is made for Pep system. He would flourish there. 

let's see a full healthy year first

plus it's too late in the window for that type of €90-100m plus megadeal with the stubborn Neverkusen

18 hours ago, lucio said:

Is smith Rowe no good anymore ? I remember they were banging on about him a couple of years ago 

He was very good for them a couple seasons in what was his real breakout season. He got to 10 league goals for Arsenal which was really impressive. He has a knack of scoring against us too. The real issue with him though is that it is not clear what his best position is. Before he lost his place in the Arsenal team, he played out LW but would regularly drift inside. This season I think Arteta was/is planning to use him in that Havertz position he has been playing for them. Similar to Mount, I would say he is a jack of all trades but master of none. Quite a good dribbler, good balance, good at one-twos, decent passer but doesn't excel at any hence why I guess there is still air of confusion about his best position. He is a good player but not sure how effective he is since his injury issues.

17 hours ago, Pizy said:

He looked really good for them and then Odegaard came in and took over his position. Plus I think he’s been injured.

Odegaard and Smith-Rowe played together. It was Martinelli who ESR lost his place to. However with Havertz being signed, effectively makes ESR redundant as he was being touted for that role from what I have heard Arsenal fans say.

For us he could play some 8 in a 3 or anywhere of the 3 in a 2-3 midfield. I'd say 30m would be the max i'd pay for him (well personally i'd spend that money on mansion,hookers and charlie if it was my money) ideally can get him for cheaper but this market is brutal. Aslong as he's over his injuries from last season could be a good signing.

ESR is a gamble and a lot depends on the transfer fee. If it is below 35m we should go for it. Just needs an extensive check over the injuries issue. Resell value will be there. He looked great at he u21s. Probably has some kind of relationship with Madueke and Colwill already and is versatile enough to cover 2-3 positions. If he is ok to come knowing he wont be part of the first 11 with everyone healthy as it stands and does not demand crazy wages I can see a great transfer for all parties. 

We can add the best bit, that if he bangs and Kai flops, we will have brilliant banter ammunition. 

From what I’ve been seeing the Arse fans seem almost universally against selling ESR to us and feel like he should be playing more for them. 

Idk, man. There’s obviously a very talented player there and for a cut price he may be worth a punt. But it would be very underwhelming compared to Cherki or Kudus.

summer 2024 AMFs

Florian Wirtz  (if he stays healthy)
Xavi Simons 
Eberechi Eze  
Dani Olmo
Emile Smith Rowe   (if not this window or January)
Rayan Cherki  
Oihan Sancet  
Giovanni Reyna    (so many injuries though)
Enzo Le Fée  
Álex Baena 

U20 youth eligibles

Eliesse Ben Seghir 18
Luka Sucic  20
Désiré Doué 18
Tommaso Baldanzi  20
Georgiy Sudakov  20
Arsen Zakharyan   20
Matheus França  19

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

From what I’ve been seeing the Arse fans seem almost universally against selling ESR to us and feel like he should be playing more for them. 

Idk, man. There’s obviously a very talented player there and for a cut price he may be worth a punt. But it would be very underwhelming compared to Cherki or Kudus.

Fans are always against selling their academy players, especially so to rivals. Doesn't mean much.

What is the price talk tho? 
can’t see them entertaining bids under 50m tbh. Young, English, HG, over 100gs experience, can play everywhere in midfield and attack plus has 3 years left in his contract. He basically is their mount but with a higher ceiling and we sold mase with 1y left for a hefty fee. 

his profile perfectly fits the intersection of what Pochettino wants (PL experience, ready to play, versatile attacker) and the boards overall strategy (young, big upside, hungry for titles) . Not the kind of player who lifts us to a new level but he offers something no one else in the squad does, esp with the injuries to nkunku and Carney 

Like Mason he is massively overrated IMO due to where he has come from and the opportunities he has had to play for them. He is worse than Carney imo. Wouldn't take him unless it is for the loan army to try to flip him for money. 

We need to find a first teamer who can play behind the striker (as a SS or LAM) and at a pinch play as the striker. Smithe Rowe is just more of what we've already got, except worse and injury prone.

13 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

can’t see them entertaining bids under 50m tbh. Young, English, HG, over 100gs experience, can play everywhere in midfield and attack plus has 3 years left in his contract. He basically is their mount but with a higher ceiling and we sold mase with 1y left for a hefty fee. 

his profile perfectly fits the intersection of what Pochettino wants (PL experience, ready to play, versatile attacker) and the boards overall strategy (young, big upside, hungry for titles) . Not the kind of player who lifts us to a new level but he offers something no one else in the squad does, esp with the injuries to nkunku and Carney 

If we're willing to pay anywhere near that, we're actually crazy and Arsenal would be huge winners. 

To think Kudus was available for 40ish million...

10 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

There is some things in common with Mount but Mount played 195 games for Chels to ESR 97 for Arse and MM played a major part in winning the European Cup,also 36 caps to ESR 3 caps and played in both major international tournaments so i'd say Mount has higher status in the game.also although it was poor when both players had their injury hit season last year Mount still played 35 games.

We sold Mount because we didnt want to let him walk for free next summer.Arse want to sell because they need to for FFP. So all things considered,think the fee will be a lot less than 50m.

Interesting how secret it is being kept. Wonder if its one of those where the selling club wants to make a signing first and we've got to wait and keep it quiet? In which case any rumour from the last weeks might suddenly just 'happen' one day. 

4 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Interesting how secret it is being kept. Wonder if its one of those where the selling club wants to make a signing first and we've got to wait and keep it quiet? In which case any rumour from the last weeks might suddenly just 'happen' one day. 

Romano is saying they simply haven't decided who to go for yet