Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I mean, it’s a very solid loan for Andrey if he actually plays week in and week out. But I’d rather have kept him around than Gallagher tbh.

Just seems like Poch wants to use Gallagher (based on game time so far).  Santos was always going to need a proper loan before trying his luck in the Chelsea first team and now his path got a little bit harder with our two new boys in midfield!

9 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Any links? 

Wasn't it Vesper or someone else who posted that Johnson prefers a move to Spurs

Just guessing. Santos had like 9 loan offers from clubs - maybe there is a connection that we chose Forest. 

Trevoh #Chalobah is another candidate for FC Bayern!

➡️ He was also discussed internally as he has the profile Bayern is looking for - as a possible replacement for #Pavard

➡️ Tuchel, a big fan of the 24 y/o as they have worked together at Chelsea.

But: Feeling that his transfer is very difficult to realize! #CFC

@SkySportDE

Chelsea in the last few hours have made enquires on Liverpool striker Darwin Núñez. 

We understand #lfc are very relaxed about the situation. 

cfc will need to submit attractive bid for Liverpool to start talks. 

🤔

1 minute ago, mkh said:

Chelsea in the last few hours have made enquires on Liverpool striker Darwin Núñez. 

🤔

No, feck that, I'd rather Valhovic. Nunez is like a amalgamation of the shit versions of Torres and Andy Carroll. 

35 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I mean, it’s a very solid loan for Andrey if he actually plays week in and week out. But I’d rather have kept him around than Gallagher tbh.

Why? Gallagher is a totally different type of player all together, much more offensive minded midfielder. Plays higher up. We can’t have 3 or 4 much more defensively minded midfielders in the squad, it would just be ridiculous as 1) they won’t all play and 2) no real creativity or attacking input.

Yes Gallagher hasn’t exactly impressed hugely but I think having him around and not Santos, it actually makes perfect sense. Santos is probably too similar to the likes of a Caicedo or Lavia in terms of being seen as more defensively minded so keeping him around would be pointless if isn’t going to play at all. Plus we have Ugo as well. 

Its actually a pretty smart loan move - if he plays. 

7 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Why? Gallagher is a totally different type of player all together, much more offensive minded midfielder. Plays higher up. We can’t have 3 or 4 much more defensively minded midfielders in the squad, it would just be ridiculous as 1) they won’t all play and 2) no real creativity or attacking input.

Yes Gallagher hasn’t exactly impressed hugely but I think having him around and not Santos, it actually makes perfect sense. Santos is probably too similar to the likes of a Caicedo or Lavia in terms of being seen as more defensively minded so keeping him around would be pointless if isn’t going to play at all. Plus we have Ugo as well. 

Its actually a pretty smart loan move - if he plays. 

Yeah, I rethought it the second I posted it. 🤣🤣🤣

Now that Carney is out we probably need Gallagher. Until Lavia is caught up with the rest of the squad fitness wise Conor will probably play as the most advanced midfielder tomorrow. 

What I’m not getting is how Ugochukwu apparently surpassed Santos despite only getting a handful of minutes so far. Because I thought Santos showed very well all preseason. 

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, I rethought it the second I posted it. 🤣🤣🤣

Now that Carney is out we probably need Gallagher. Until Lavia is caught up with the rest of the squad fitness wise Conor will probably play as the most advanced midfielder tomorrow. 

What I’m not getting is how Ugochukwu apparently surpassed Santos despite only getting a handful of minutes so far. Because I thought Santos showed very well all preseason. 

Perhaps makes sense Santos gets good gametime on loan now that both Caicedo and Lavia were signed. Too many options

5 hours ago, mkh said:

🤔

Attack and the team as a whole is looking weaker because of Nkunku and Reece injuries. The team is fine and just need to move in the market now for top quality talent like Osimhen, Kvara, Leao

Vlahovic, Nunez, Brennan Johnson, Balogun - all of them are bad ideas.

55 minutes ago, Strike said:

Attack and the team as a whole is looking weaker because of Nkunku and Reece injuries. The team is fine and just need to move in the market now for top quality talent like Osimhen, Kvara, Leao

Vlahovic, Nunez, Brennan Johnson, Balogun - all of them are bad ideas.

You had me reading and rereading time and time again😄

Punctuation Strike punctuation.

I get it now your talking of the first three you mention as targets🫡

The rest not interested in, absolutely agree.

I absolutely agree on both comments.