Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

We really are desperate for a Giroud, Jorgi type of signing.. full of exprerience, professional and different to what we have atm. But also keep in mind that we have to pick a player with the right personality too.. don't need another Ziyech, Auba, Lukaku situation.

59 minutes ago, Vesper said:

names?

not having a go but I see so many posts from people that describe a type of player but offer nothing

Thank you for the invitation, but no thanks.  

It's great that you have fun doing that research as a hobby, but I don't. Club has plenty of well-paid scouts to find the right player of the job. The good ones, I hear, would know pretty much everything about the players before they are signed.... like personal details.

Besides my comment was specifically unspecific. I understand Kudus ain't another 19yo--he's 23 actually. I haven't seen him play, so I won't comment based on stats which mean little coming from a totally different league with totally different characteristics and demand. It's always hard to project and see whether a player can replicate what he does elsewhere in the PL.

2 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Thank you for the invitation, but no thanks.  

It's great that you have fun doing that research as a hobby, but I don't. Club has plenty of well-paid scouts to find the right player of the job. The good ones, I hear, would know pretty much everything about the players before they are signed.... like personal details.

Besides my comment was specifically unspecific. I understand Kudus ain't another 19yo--he's 23 actually. I haven't seen him play, so I won't comment based on stats which mean little coming from a totally different league with totally different characteristics and demand. It's always hard to project and see whether a player can replicate what he does elsewhere in the PL.

Rob - in this thread you say you're not researching and haven't seen some players play. Then in the board one - you say that the players we bought are rubbish, not ready and we don't have the pieces needed.

Is it just fair to say our team might be decent - but we got off to a rough start? 

It is so easy to say we need a player who can pass, shoot, dribble, never lose the ball, etc lol... This is a made up player. 

The squad is good enough. People just aren't patient. Not only that, it has a character and build to it. We're clearly building a very robust and dynamic team. We have a lot of strong and quick players who can carry the ball. 

23 minutes ago, Thor said:

Rob - in this thread you say you're not researching and haven't seen some players play. Then in the board one - you say that the players we bought are rubbish, not ready and we don't have the pieces needed.

Is it just fair to say our team might be decent - but we got off to a rough start? 

It is so easy to say we need a player who can pass, shoot, dribble, never lose the ball, etc lol... This is a made up player. 

The squad is good enough. People just aren't patient. Not only that, it has a character and build to it. We're clearly building a very robust and dynamic team. We have a lot of strong and quick players who can carry the ball. 

It's not a made up player, Hazard/Willian/Mata could do most of those things quite well.  

Problem is, as plenty have mentioned before, we never replaced Hazard/Willian with the same level of player and we're paying the price for it.  Pulisic was meant to be the holy grail but we found out he was made of glass, then it was meant to be Mount/Havertz to save the day but now all are out the door. 

First Poch have to decide what tactic he will use, then buy players for it, because at the moment its totall mess.. 

Whole preseason one tactic, in official matches completely different.. Does he know what he needs to do and how to do it? If hes scared to use his favourite tactic, then why we appointed him.. Its suppose to be one coach favourite tactic is his best.. Or we have hidden coach in Chelsea?? 

9 minutes ago, gdlk said:

First Poch have to decide what tactic he will use, then buy players for it, because at the moment its totall mess.. 

Whole preseason one tactic, in official matches completely different.. Does he know what he needs to do and how to do it? If hes scared to use his favourite tactic, then why we appointed him.. Its suppose to be one coach favourite tactic is his best.. Or we have hidden coach in Chelsea?? 

Waiting for CM signings to be up to speed.

Don't think his primary formation will be the 4-2-3-1...think that was more to have a look at who we have in the final third..if look at who we have signed or targetted,isnt a great emphasis on a CAM, think it'll be more a 4-3-3 as the primary in next game or 2 and in the future.

29 minutes ago, gdlk said:

Probably the injury to the system's most important player in Nkunku played a part in his decision. Opening game against Pool with 5 experienced attackers didn't help 4231 too. 

I think Poch has said that he's stuck to a 4-2-3-1 throughout, its just that Colwill has moved to LB and Chilly to LW, but we were always building with 3-2-5 when in possession in preseason and that has pretty much not changed (we dabbled a little in 3-1-6 against Liverpool), its just the personnel and how effective they are being in the system has dropped off - Santos who was good in preseason not played a minute, before we had Maatsen playing and being a press machine he's been replaced by Chilwell who has different qualities, and of course we've lost Nkunku who was our top goal scorer and key to lots of the play we worked on. We also did not have Disasi playing alongside Thiago.

Chelsea want another attacking player

Chelsea are working on bringing in one more player in attack, as confirmed as well by Mauricio Pochettino after the defeat to West Ham. They want a creative player, and it’s important for Chelsea to do something in that position after the injury to Christopher Nkunku. We know they wanted Michael Olise but the deal collapsed because Crystal Palace managed to extend his contract, and now there is an internal process to find the right player.

At the moment, I’m hearing that Juventus, through intermediaries, are insisting on the potential exchange deal involving Dusan Vlahovic and Romelu Lukaku, but for now Chelsea are considering different players. Information has been taken on Lyon’s Bradley Barcola, but Paris Saint-Germain are the favourites. There have also been some rumours on Jeremy Doku but I’m still told that Manchester City are the favourites to sign him - and there should be further developments on that this week.

Let’s see what Chelsea decide, but for sure they will try to do something in that position due to their injury situation.

A lot of people keep asking me about Mohammed Kudus, but it remains the case that Chelsea last asked about Kudus at the beginning of August - it’s now more than 20 days and they’ve not been speaking.  🤬

In terms of Kudus and West Ham, at the moment the deal is on total stand-by, the negotiations between West Ham and Ajax are not advancing and at the moment it’s almost off. Let’s see what will happen during the week, but for the moment Chelsea are focusing on different players.

Chelsea set to sign goalkeeper, plus latest on an attacking signing

There’s also a here we go for Chelsea, who are signing Djorde Petrovic. The Serbian goalkeeper is joining from New England Revolution after an agreement was reached for $18m, so something around €16m, including add-ons.

Petrovic will have his medical tests in London today, having agreed a long-term contract. He will then create competition with Robert Sanchez after Kepa Arrizabalaga and Edouard Mendy left the club, while Gabriele Slonina went out on loan.

So Petrovic is the latest signing for Chelsea in this busy and intense summer transfer window. Departures also remain something to keep an eye on, with Callum Hudson-Odoi another player out of the Chelsea project. The latest is that Fulham have left the race for his signature as of now. There’s also interest from Nottingham Forest but nothing close yet. Still, he will leave Chelsea for sure, the club has been very clear in their message to the player to find another solution this summer.

Chelsea could also move for another striker, but they will not panic. The idea is to add one more player, we know they wanted Michael Olise but that fell through after a crazy saga which saw him sign a new contract at Crystal Palace. Still, I think we can expect them to look at other creative players like that, who can play as a number 10 or a winger. For example, they asked about Bradley Barcola last week - a fantastic talent from Lyon - but PSG are the favourites because they’ve had an agreement on the player side for some time. Still, that’s the kind of player who could offer something to Chelsea while Christopher Nkunku is injured. A striker is also an option but not guaranteed yet.

Romelu Lukaku’s future remains unresolved, as, for the moment, it looks impossible for Juventus to bid €40m for the player. They would need to sell Dusan Vlahovic first, and they’ve previously tried discussing a swap deal with Chelsea, but the answer in July was no and in August again they were never that convinced by the deal. It’s on total stand-by for now, so the only way for Lukaku to join Juve is if Vlahovic leaves. It’s going to be complicated for Vlahovic to find a solution in the coming days.

More Balogun chatter this morning on Twitter I see.

Would be such an underwhelming signing, man. I just don’t think he adds any qualities we’re currently missing. Looks like the same level as a fit Broja to my eye and will also stand in Broja’s way which Poch just said he didn’t want to do. Plus, paying £50m or whatever it would take to sign a striker that doesn’t even walk into our first XI is silly.

There has to be a reason Arteta simply doesn’t fancy him over someone bang average like Nketia. I know he has done well at Arse recently but he’s not  anything special. Usually when one of your loanees kills it like Balogun supposedly did their parent club can’t wait to bring them back and reintegrate them into the team. It’s what they did with Saliba. Yet here it feels like Arteta isn’t bothered about Balogun at all. Even with Jesus out. Arse fans don’t care either. How is this not a huge red flag?

We need the same scouts that identified Jackson when no other big club went for him to find us another gem. 

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea want another attacking player

Chelsea are working on bringing in one more player in attack, as confirmed as well by Mauricio Pochettino after the defeat to West Ham. They want a creative player, and it’s important for Chelsea to do something in that position after the injury to Christopher Nkunku. We know they wanted Michael Olise but the deal collapsed because Crystal Palace managed to extend his contract, and now there is an internal process to find the right player.

At the moment, I’m hearing that Juventus, through intermediaries, are insisting on the potential exchange deal involving Dusan Vlahovic and Romelu Lukaku, but for now Chelsea are considering different players. Information has been taken on Lyon’s Bradley Barcola, but Paris Saint-Germain are the favourites. There have also been some rumours on Jeremy Doku but I’m still told that Manchester City are the favourites to sign him - and there should be further developments on that this week.

Let’s see what Chelsea decide, but for sure they will try to do something in that position due to their injury situation.

A lot of people keep asking me about Mohammed Kudus, but it remains the case that Chelsea last asked about Kudus at the beginning of August - it’s now more than 20 days and they’ve not been speaking.  🤬

In terms of Kudus and West Ham, at the moment the deal is on total stand-by, the negotiations between West Ham and Ajax are not advancing and at the moment it’s almost off. Let’s see what will happen during the week, but for the moment Chelsea are focusing on different players.

Feels like Kudus don't want to be tied up to a stepping stone club that don't accept they are.think he would have signed for Brighton or West Ham already if he believed it was just for a year or two.although we can't give him european football this season he'd sign pretty quickly if we made a concrete offer,but alas not so far.