Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I know the game isn’t played on paper, but with De Bruyne now out injured again long term I’d say we have the best midfield in the league on paper. 

I think you meant CM pairing, because the midfield bit is a bit funny. 😉 

This is all happening so fast that it’s hard to really appreciate just how unprecedented it is to completely and totally rebuild an entire midfield in the span of 6 months. And not just any rebuild but one that sees us signing 3 of the best young midfield talents in Europe.

Imagine telling a Chelsea fan a year ago that J5, Kante, Kova, and RLC would all go in such a short period and we’d replace them all nearly instantly.

7 minutes ago, Mário César said:

we only need one more attacking player with ability to score goals and that's it. I think we are ready to fight for top4

3 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

I would take top 5 tbh

Are you guys for real? We finished 12th last season. Palace lost best players, we already won Premier summer series with 5 PL clubs that finish over us. And respectively we are definitely better side then them. Spurs lost Kane. Only 4 teams left. Looking at Liverpool and United pre season and first round and their transfers we must be ahead of them. Imagine finishing behind team that have Mount in starting lineup and team that have Swiss cheese defence and no DM. Ok City and Arsenal can finish over us but if City is going in sleep mode after treble and have injury problems plus Arsenal added Rice who will hurt their attacking pattern and Kai will miss everything they are potentially not out of reach. 

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Name better MF. City only one comparable on our level. 

What's the midfield? or are you too talking about the CM pairing?

Now if you say the CM pairing *is* the midfield, then perhaps we see the game very differently. Balanced teams always have 5 midfield players at all times. They move a lot, in and out of position. Always thought Mount was particularly good at being more of a CM, and also moving out wide when possible. The very BEST teams pack the midfield with even more players: Guardiola's system is basically the art of having almost the entire team in midfield. 

"on paper" the 2 CMs seem to have the potential to become the best pairing in the league... silly to say that until they actually perform both individually and teamwork. They may do well individually, for ex, and still not work so well with the rest of the players--not unheard of.

Proche de Chelsea, Elye Wahi s’interroge désormais sur le projet des Blues
➡️Chelsea a fait une 1ere offre au MHSC de 30M€ avec bonus
🔹Francfort attend le départ de Kolo Muani pour accélérer 
🔹West Ham propose 35M€
🔹Le PSG s’est renseigné. Pas d’avancée depuis

via@FabriceHawkins

5 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Noni more of a dribbler whereas Olise more of a creator. 

Sterling could be off to Saudi this time next summer. 

Sterling will be going nowhere for a few seasons I would think. Olise and Noni both young enough but questionable marks over both their fitnesses. I am surprised we aren’t going for a more left sided attacking player though. Sterling and Noni then Mudryk and someone for 2 wide roles would be good.

I know it was only one game but felt Raheem and James were very good v combining on that right side and I’d hope that Poch builds on that to get more out of the pair of them. Plus he has shown at City under Pep, in teams with clear defined attacking patterns, he is a very good option to have so lets hope he can get in amongst the goals this season.

Plus Saudi? Really I don’t think so. IIRC he wanted to move back to London specifically for his family. He doesn’t strike me as the sort of person who’s going to trade London for Saudi, or someone who’s going to have his head turned by mind blowing money given the wages he got at City and now gets here. 

Edited by OneMoSalah