Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Chelsea actively working on a deal to sign Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo. Fee could be worth a British record £115m. Chelsea looking to get deal done in the coming hours.

via@SkySports

29 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Why would Caicedo join a team with a bunch of kids and nobodies vs joining a much more established team with senior players who would help him play at a much better level right off the bat?

Why would he choose Chelsea over Liverpool if the money is the same/similar? Don't think I have to compare Poch with Klopp either eh.

For the same reason Kante came here over United the last time we had a season like the one before. One swallow doesn't make a summer.

Also Liverpool are just as uncertain as us at the minute (they were arguably worse than us last season until we effectively forfeited the season reappointing Lamps) they have a defense falling apart at the seams and like with us a new younger midfield replacing experienced pros. Not to mention a manager known for his teams totally collapsing around this stage of his tenure.

Edited by Tomo

18 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Amazing news. So their offer doesn't exist anymore. We stopped at 80m. Offer 85m next. Really dodgy stuff. Pretty sure Liverpool chasing Caicedo was all bluffing and mind games because we offered for Lavia and the game on Sunday. I'm glad our club didn't bite it. 

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

For the same reason Kante came here over United the last time we had a season like the one before. One swallow doesn't make a summer.

Also Liverpool are just as uncertain as us at the minute (they were arguably worse than us last season until we effectively forfeited the season reappointing Lamps) they have a defense falling apart at the seams and like with us a new younger midfield replacing experienced pros.

I disagree about the level of uncertainty, but hope you are right.

I think Liverpool just need to "click" again to regain competitiveness. We need a hell lot more than that. When Kante joined, we had an established team, which I cannot say right now.

What a rookie move tho: you can only hardball a deal if it's not a fucking auction. If the deal is public and there are others interested, then you will have to pay up. What have we been doing all summer?!

Edited by robsblubot

Liverpool stepped away this afternoon not tonight after MC pledged he only wants us. 

we are trying to dot the i’s and cross the t’s it’s so close to being done. Don’t want to scare people but Lavia is closer to been done than MC 

Stay tuned 

9 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Amazing news. So their offer doesn't exist anymore. We stopped at 80m. Offer 85m next. Really dodgy stuff. Pretty sure Liverpool chasing Caicedo was all bluffing and mind games because we offered for Lavia and the game on Sunday. I'm glad our club didn't bite it. 

i thought about this, but there was way too much noise about their bid to be fake imo.

Altho Poch played 4-2-3-1 in pre-season,looks like really we going for the slightly different 4-3-3 as we really not targetting a proper 10 and didnt really have one before the Nkunku injury.maybe was just using 4-2-3-1 to give certain players a look. But 4-3-3 (with it's variants) will be the primary formation. 

Edited by Duppy Conqueror

16 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Liverpool pulled out. Why we need to match their offer?

If we bid less Brighton reject our bid, probably refuse to deal with us anymore and tell Caicedo he either stays or goes to Liverpool...now isn't the time for fucking about. Just get it done.