Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Honestly, I expected Adams the very first window under new ownership. Given how much commercial impact Pulisic had, it would be strange if we'd just let go off US fanbase and players. Don't expect much of him, except behaving well, develop well and keep a huge market open for us. No disrespect for the guy, but that's just how things are. And if he ends up performing great, well, lucky us.

Yeah, hold on - what does Caicedo have to say about this? If he doesn't care where he goes, I don't think he is worth our 100 million. If he will be forced to go to the club he doesn't want to because of 5 million in bonuses, Brighton will be even a bigger joke and some players already doesn't fancy them because of that.

6 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Yeah, hold on - what does Caicedo have to say about this? If he doesn't care where he goes, I don't think he is worth our 100 million. If he will be forced to go to the club he doesn't want to because of 5 million in bonuses, Brighton will be even a bigger joke and some players already doesn't fancy them because of that.

He has never been worth 100m. None of the 100m MFers today are worth 100m. But if we are going to pay it, just pay it and get it over and done with

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

He has never been worth 100m. None of the 100m MFers today are worth 100m. But if we are going to pay it, just pay it and get it over and done with

I think Enzo would definitely be worth the 100m if we had a proper midfield structure around him. Which is what Caicedo provides. Him surrounded by literal kids or slightly average players like Gallagher or Adams would really be hamstringing him.

Just now, lucio said:

Can’t cough up a bit extra for caicedo but happy to throw away millions on mediocre players like ugo and Adams 👏 

not to mention the potentially mediocre. That's the funny think about the word "potential:" it's implicit "potential to be great", but there is the other side of the coin, which is the potential to be mediocre, or "not great."

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think Enzo would definitely be worth the 100m if we had a proper midfield structure around him. Which is what Caicedo provides. Him surrounded by literal kids or slightly average players like Gallagher or Adams would really be hamstringing him.

I don’t think it’ll ever be justifiable paying that money for a central midfielder. Never mind having 2 of them for £100m+ but if they do the business will soon forget that. 

Not any of the £100m+ players faults, its just that the market is the way it is and theres a severe lack of top quality younger central midfielders and everyone knows that.

Also I think if Enzo is going to become a truly truly elite midfielder then he needs the right partner/partners 100% because he still has a lot to work on. Particularly defensively and positionally. But yeah agree Adams, Gallagher etc not going to help either.

Edited by OneMoSalah