Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Hmm, the more I see about Vlahovic's groin problem the less interested I am. Seems like a long standing issue that has not been solved, and he was made to play through it a lot. Really not worth getting involved unless the deal is extremely favourable, which I don't think it will be.

We often speak about number of games next season but interestingly if we reach both Cup finals we gonna have exact same number of games like last season when we had 10 European games and only 2 Cup games since we faced City 2 times in first games. 50 all together. Actually even one more game because this season in League Cup we start one round earlier. 

In 21/22 we already reached both finals in Cups so it's not something unimaginable. 

Can someone tell me why we don't like Edson Álvarez? I've mostly only seen him on Youtube, where he looks solid enough, and he comes out extremely favourably compared to Declan Rice in virtually all stats. And he is supposed to be like 40m Euros.

36 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Can someone tell me why we don't like Edson Álvarez? I've mostly only seen him on Youtube, where he looks solid enough, and he comes out extremely favourably compared to Declan Rice in virtually all stats. And he is supposed to be like 40m Euros.

There are doubts about his overall quality. He is not very athletic and technically unclean. but he is combative, hard working and a leader with good defensive instincts. Dortmund and other clubs passed on him before so he is not exactly the calibre of player we would usually target. But with virtually 0 DMs at the club rn he would improve us. 

5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Poch was pushing hard for Llorente to be Kane backup. Different profile striker. I see this in similar fashion. 

To be honest I'm kind of hoping Poch tells the recruitment team the profile of player he wants and they do the identifying of the individual.

His record in the market with Spurs was hopeless and just as big a reason for their stagnation as Levy's stinginess, if not more so.

4 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

We should never loan Brighton another player after they blatantly tried to hijack Colwill.

I'm not that fussed by that tbh, everyone was trying to tap up Colwill and it is not a big deal as long as we leave ourselves in the drivers seat - Colwill's interest was clearly all focused around getting out of his youth contract and onto a proper pro's contract making real money, followed by a desire to play regular minutes, and as long as we are keeping kids around on sensible low value contracts until they've proven themselves it will not be a problem for us to tie them down after a good loan spell as long as they have realistic shot at first team.

However we should be loaning our players to our satellite clubs where they can be guaranteed to play almost every game instead of going to Brighton and getting a measly 17 appearances. The only reason to loan to Brighton is if we think PL experience is more important than playing every game in Ligue 1 or the other leagues we'll soon have clubs in.

1 hour ago, Mário César said:

If santos stay with us, we only need one midfielder.

If we buy two, we need to loan casadei, chuko and sell gallagher 

I thought the plan was to loan Casadei & possibly Chuks this season to help with their development. 

3 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I thought the plan was to loan Casadei & possibly Chuks this season to help with their development. 

and what will happen next season?

enzo and caicedo are still very young. we can not afford so many midfieldrers

its too much! 

1 hour ago, Mário César said:

If santos stay with us, we only need one midfielder.

If we buy two, we need to loan casadei, chuko and sell gallagher 

Tyler Adams? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edson Alvarez and Veiga would both be MASSIVE steps down from Caicedo. Lavia is the only solid DM link who I’d be happy to sign if Caicedo proves impossible. He’s not the more experienced midfielder Poch ideally wants but he’s at least got world class potential.

Unfortunately, it’s likely too late to snag Lavia as he seems to be eager to join Liverpool. 

18 minutes ago, Mário César said:

how after such a poor season from vlahovic juve demands so much?

still until 30M its fine for me 

Just trying their luck to get out of the situation they've landed themselves in. We do not need this guy (it is a luxury signing lets be real) so we should offer something very favourable to us, like £15m tops. I am sure Lukaku will take a Saudi deal over not playing so we do not have any real pressure here.

Still have a feeling this is all Juve PR to try to drum up interest in Vlaho who they've been shopping around all summer and failing to find a buyer for.

9 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

5 minutes ago, Mário César said:

and what will happen next season?

enzo and caicedo are still very young. we can not afford so many midfieldrers

its too much! 

Either sales or further loans. We need to be realistic about the likelihood of the U21 players making it at Chelsea. They will all make it as good professional footballers but the level of Chelsea is the top of that, or it should be. We are buying them as investments and in the UNUSUAL situation they prove to be a Chelsea level player then great.

Edited by Mhsc

34 minutes ago, mkh said:

Arsen #Zakharyan is getting closer to @RCSA from @fcdynamo after talks with @OfficialSSLazio have stalled. 🔵 @SkySport DiMarzio

🤩🤩✍️✍️

Zak behind Wahi with Angelo on the right and Ugo DM.