Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

We should rather give Real 100m for Tchouaméni or Camavinga than giving 80m to Brighton for Caicedo. 

Another alternative would be Lavia and Veiga for something like 80-90m. 

But please go away from Caicedo and Brighton who want to fk us up. Caicedo is not worth more than 60m. In 2 years we would sell him for 25m when Santos, Chukwuemeka, Casadei are in their prime time. 

8 hours ago, Gundalf said:

Better keep him as midfielder nr5. than sell him for peanuts in this overinflated market, which 37m really is. We dont need money. 

Better have a HG player as emergency backup than a non HG tbh. We cant sell all our HGs.

People wanna sell Chalobah, Gallagher, Sterling, we sold Mount, RLC, will sell CHO.

We only have 6 HGs left: James, Chalobah, Chilwell, Sterling, Gallagher, Broja.

If we sell Gallagher and send Broja on loan  its 4. So basically we can only have a 21 man squad, leaving no room for Kudus, Cherki, another GK and so on. At least the club targets Olise, who is homegrown.

We need to keep that HG situation in mind, especially when people talk about selling Chalobah and Sterling.

We have a lot of players that are under 21 which makes it kinda save for this season - but we gotta watch out for that

Betinelli is HG. Colwill, Hall, Maatsen, Chukwu, Madueke are all also HGs, we are covered in this area.

I cannot for the life of me understand what the fuck the people behind the scenes are doing🤷‍♀️

Every season it's either an absolute shit show of a pre-season or it's some sort of transfer wrangle.

Poch said the other day that the club are pushing for signings, but to me it seems we are behind a brickwall and we cannot do anything else until this whole joke of a saga with Caicedo is completed/ended.

It really is getting worrying.

We’re going to end up panic buying some bang average DM at the end of the window at this point, ffs.

Every other rival manager getting their top targets in and getting them in early whilst we have a brand new manager and are coming off a disastrous season and we still haven’t provided him with the most important signing that the squad desperately needs.

Selling Chalobah or Gallagher is understandable in isolation but doing so without replacements lined up after the predictable Caicedo snag  and the Fofana injury while continuously shopping for attacking players like Kudus, Cherki (esp after securing all the Brazilians ) is asking for trouble. Our squad is so top-heavy already. 

Tbh 100% agreed it is time for our scouting team to earn their money. Caicedo is brilliant but come on, there is another 2 or 3 people like him at least who have not been discovered and brought to a top team yet for sure - and more arriving every year as new talent appears. Don't know about Boudaoui but I 100% guarantee there are many players that are affordable and bring us everything we need in the aggregate (running, pressing, tackling, interceptions, passing). A <£50m player should be more than enough given Enzo's presence. Remember our first pick was Ugarte, Caicedo was our backup option.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Ourselves and Liverpool both entered the window needing complete midfield rebuilds. They’re on the verge of signing their THIRD one whilst we haven’t signed any. Brilliant…

no way we can fail caicedo 

we need to go for 100M sadly 

I don't know how many signings we need for ou midfielder because we have a got of talent here and because we have no european competitions next season

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Ourselves and Liverpool both entered the window needing complete midfield rebuilds. They’re on the verge of signing their THIRD one whilst we haven’t signed any. Brilliant…

Yeah, I assume Lavia and Liverpool have actually had an agreement for a while which is why no one else ended up going for him. Painful we've not got someone in by now.

I reckon we should just get Amadou Onana, he is versatile AF and a big beast of a man, and likely to be vastly more sensibly priced. Even if we get Caicedo later, a midfield of Enzo, Caicedo, Onana and Santos would be a really good mix, and getting him (or someone similar) sorted takes us from a position of weakness to a position of strength in these negotiations so we can let this run til deadline day if needed.