Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

I surely raised the issue 100 times, but wonder what are we going to do about this?

Anjorin is another one to cross off I guess, so if likely outgoings happen and Colwill is chasing his dreams in Brighton we are out of academy players and pretty much cooked in terms of HG players.

Zrzut ekranu 2023-07-17 o 18.33.36.png

Did you jump from talking about needing a right footed CB to us needing to have more home grown players, or you mean we need to get a right footed CB who is also HG?

Aren't we allowed up to 17 non HG players over 21? And aren't we no where near that limit?

13 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Did you jump from talking about needing a right footed CB to us needing to have more home grown players, or you mean we need to get a right footed CB who is also HG?

Aren't we allowed up to 17 non HG players over 21? And aren't we no where near that limit?

I jumped from fact of Chalobah being under the knife as well. We were supper happy to let nearly all our HG players go and I won't be surprised if it will become a problem very soon. For PL you can have 17 players + 8 HG + youngsters, but U21 players won't be U21 forever. It's more complicated with CL afair, as you need AT LEAST 8 HG there and 4 Club-grown players.

But my main point is, what's the point of world-class academy, if we hardly integrate it's product and pretty much grow talents for our rivals? How do we want to instill "playing for the badge" then?

Edited by Vegetable

11 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

I jumped from fact of Chalobah being under the knife as well. We were supper happy to let nearly all our HG players go and I won't be surprised if it will become a problem very soon. For PL you can have 17 players + 8 HG + youngsters, but U21 players won't be U21 forever. It's more complicated with CL afair, as you need AT LEAST 8 HG there and 4 Club-grown players.

But my main point is, what's the point of world-class academy, if we hardly integrate it's product and pretty much grow talents for our rivals? How do we want to instill "playing for the badge" then?

We gave a number of academy players a chance while we were transfer banned, and only James has shown he's up to the task. If they can't step up or deliver on a regular basis, there isn't much more we can do.

42 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Who have we grown for our rivals?

51 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Bettinelli, James, Chilwell, Maatsen, Colwill, Chalobah, Gallagher, Chukwuemeka, Hall, Sterling, Madueke and Broja.

That's 12 homegrown players for the PL quotas once the currently U21s have gotten a bit older and need to be registered. 7 of those players would count as club-trained for European football where only four of those are 'needed' alongside 4 other association-trained homegrown players to be able to fill the full 25 man squad.

Now even if a few of the players on the list were deemed not good enough and leave the club within the next 1-2 years that would still leave us with plenty enough. And it's not like there aren't others who can make the step up over the next few years too, on top of potentially poaching some HG players from other English clubs as well.

Not meeting the HG rules should be among the least of our worries right now.

45 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Who have we grown for our rivals?

Lamptey, Livramento, Gilmour, Guehi, Maybe Colwill. Ake? Tomori was sorta victim of circumstance, now Chalobah, those come to my mind on the fly. Honestly, I'd rather have those players around as squad fillers than Betinelli and 476 random brasilian kids. Maybe if the road to first team would looked more clear, Musiala would still be here. Funny to pull "straight outta Cobham" marketing, while it comes down to 15 minutes of Hall in Carobao shield game.

Always considered clubs that just buy entire squad sorta plastic and I'm not very happy we are going this way, blabbling about "heritage" at the same time.

mount_mason_koszulka.webp

Edited by Vegetable

Leeds United agree deal to sign Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea

https://theathletic.com/4695931/2023/07/17/ethan-ampadu-leeds-Chelsea-transfer/

REGGIO NELL'EMILIA, ITALY - JUNE 11: REGGIO NELL'EMILIA, ITALY - JUNE 11: Ethan Ampadu of Spezia during the relegation play off match at Mapei Stadium - Città del Tricolore on June 11, 2023 in Reggio nell'Emilia, Italy. (Photo by Timothy Rogers/Getty Images)

Leeds United have agreed a deal to Chelsea defender Ethan Ampadu.

The Championship club will pay £7million ($9.1m), plus additional add-ons, in a permanent deal for the 22-year-old centre-back, who can also play in defensive midfield. A medical will follow in due course.

Ampadu has had four loan spells from Chelsea since joining the club from Exeter in 2017. He spent last season at Spezia — making 31 Serie A appearances for the relegated side — after previous temporary spells with RB Leipzig, Sheffield United and Venezia.

But the Wales international, who has made just 12 senior appearances for Chelsea, is now set to leave Stamford Bridge on a permanent basis this summer.

Leeds are undergoing a summer reshuffle under new boss Daniel Farke following their relegation to the Championship last season.

USMNT international Brenden Aaronson has made a loan move to Union Berlin, Diego Llorente has re-joined Roma for the 2023-24 campaign, and will be joined on loan by Rasmus Kristensen, Robin Koch has temporarily signed for Eintracht Frankfurt and Marc Roca has sealed a loan switch to Real Betis.

Forward Rodrigo, meanwhile, has completed a permanent transfer to Qatari side Al Rayyan.

Chelsea duo Omari Hutchinson and Harvey Vale miss pre-season tour to concentrate on loan deals

https://theathletic.com/4694613/2023/07/16/Chelsea-hutchinson-vale-tour-loan/

Omari-Hutchinson-scaled-e1689528162465-1

Chelsea duo Omari Hutchinson and Harvey Vale have both been left out of the traveling squad for the U.S. pre-season tour next week to allow them to concentrate on securing loan moves away from the club.

Hutchinson, 19, joined the club from London rivals Arsenal last summer, while Vale, 19, has progressed through the youth academy and spent six months last season on loan at Championship club Hull City.

Both players are looking to secure loan deals to get regular first-team football this season and continue their development.

In his first season since moving to Chelsea from Arsenal, Hutchinson, featured predominantly for the club’s under-21 side, making 25 appearances in total, scoring eight goals and providing 10 assists. He also made two first appearances.

Hutchinson also became a Jamaica international this season, making his senior international debut in March.

Vale has also made five first-team appearances, three coming in the FA Cup and two in the League Cup.

During his loan spell at Hull, Vale made three appearances for the club, before the loan was cut short in January.

Chelsea’s development squad are set to face Boreham Wood at Meadow Park on Tuesday, where both players could be involved. 

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

In terms of Lavia vs Caicedo, I actually think Lavia has the higher ceiling/potential but Caicedo will be more consistent and steady straight away. Using purely the eye test Lavia looks a level above when it comes to carrying the ball. 

Lavia being another Belgian is something we have to consider too..although he avoided their era of mind altering hype.

59 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Lamptey, Livramento, Gilmour, Guehi, Maybe Colwill. Ake? Tomori was sorta victim of circumstance, now Chalobah, those come to my mind on the fly. Honestly, I'd rather have those players around as squad fillers than Betinelli and 476 random brasilian kids. Maybe if the road to first team would looked more clear, Musiala would still be here. Funny to pull "straight outta Cobham" marketing, while it comes down to 15 minutes of Hall in Carobao shield game.

Always considered clubs that just buy entire squad sorta plastic and I'm not very happy we are going this way, blabbling about "heritage" at the same time.

Apart from one of that list none are at our domestic rivals. Musaila would have left regardless, he considers Germany home. And we didn't develop Mount for United, we developed him for ourself and i doubt United will see anything close to the 2021 version we got, he looks as burnt out as Oscar did circa 2015.

As for plastic and heritage, players don't have to be from the academy to be a proper Chelsea person, as far as I'm concerned Enzo qualifies already.

Omari Hutchinson is in advanced talks with Ipswich Town over a potential loan move.

Cesare Casadei is part of Mauricio Pochettino's pre-season plans at Chelsea. However, Leicester's interest in him is real and they have been informed that he is still expected to be available to go out on loan in the summer transfer window.

Goalkeeper Eddie Beach is set to travel with Chelsea to the United States. The club is keen to keep Beach in the first-team squad this season before assessing his situation in January.

Gabriel Slonina is expected to be loaned out this summer. @BobbyVincentFL

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

Colwill will be here. Mount and his father set the wheels in motion thinking he deserved £300k a week. The rest of those players had no chance of progressing to a starting level. Keep around young players that have a chance to progress and send them on if they don’t.

When we sell young players to decent teams it benefits not only the books but the prestige of the academy. That’s how more players will want to be here. There is no club in England that has more than 4-5 players from their academy in their squad. The option of loaning them out relentlessly until we ruin their career was used until about 4 years ago. I believe it’s better for all sides.  
We can all agree that Poch has proven himself as a top manager. Let’s give him time and judge individuals mid to end season.