Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

16 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

70M plus add ons will be knocked back straight away so there is more time wasted- it won't be done this week let me tell you-They will knock that back, we will then contemplate over numerous breakfasts dinners and teas, have a few more nonsense conversations and come back with a bid a week before the season starts and hope for the best

Yeah, if this is true it’s straight up amateur hour, Arsene Wenger Arsenal era stuff where we offer something we know they won’t accept. We should be in the end game phase now where we put something on the table that can FINALLY finish negotiations. Offering £70m when they want close to £100m after we’ve been talking with them for ages is silly.

Whilst it’s definitely an overpay, just offer them £85m or something and be done with it. We need our midfield sorted ASAP. 

19 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

It's 9:12am here in the UK and Im distraught we haven't signed 7 more Brazilian teenagers yet, I'm livid

Going to the USA is a non issue, Chelsea are also in the USA, people are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Just now, YorkshireBlue said:

Going to the USA is a non issue, Chelsea are also in the USA, people are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

That's been the plan all along, wait until the US tour so Boehly can meet with Bloom and chat the transfer over a few Dunkin Donuts

2 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

So you want to run a 30 man squad with 1 game a week and have the the same problems as last year all over again?

Who said anything about that ? We literally don’t have a midfield as it stands. Unless you want to roll with Carney and Gallagher all year 

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Probably because he played more of a right midfielder type of role for Santos....not sure if he's played that many games as a traditional striker, seems to be more of a winger with that dribbling ability on the flanks. 

5 hours ago, lucio said:

Why are we signing forwards who score 3 times in 95 games in a poverty league ? 

786F20A3-5ACE-4BAA-A1C9-42F031F1C52F.jpeg

Worth remembering he is 18, meaning they started playing him in the senior team at 15 and now he's only 18. How many players do you think would have good goal scoring record playing as a 15/16/17 year old in a man's league, albeit not one at the level of PL?

6 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Worth remembering he is 18, meaning they started playing him in the senior team at 15 and now he's only 18. How many players do you think would have good goal scoring record playing as a 15/16/17 year old in a man's league, albeit not one at the level of PL?

I’d expect more from someone if they had potential to play for the Chelsea first team. Only 1 goal in 15 Brazil youth games too. Santos was scoring a tonne in them games from defensive midfield 

53 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

But hey, club should overpay additional 25 million over what they are already overpaying, because people on the internet want the player NOW and not in four weeks. Bidding high when you are sole bidder seem genius way of doing business anyway 🤪

2 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

But hey, club should overpay additional 25 million over what they are already overpaying, because people on the internet want the player NOW and not in four weeks. Bidding high when you are sole bidder seem genius way of doing business anyway 🤪

Wait too long and the window to find a replacement is small and they will ask for more. Nothing to be gained by talking about it for 3 months 

12 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

You know fans like i do mate, we are all experts on the matter and no one can tell us different, reality is we know what we are told and fed, giving passionate men and women ideas to just make up the end result is a recipe for disaster. My advice to people is stop checking twitter every 25 seconds for news, because 99/100 times will piss you off.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

1 minute ago, lucio said:

Wait too long and the window to find a replacement is small and they will ask for more. Nothing to be gained by talking about it for 3 months 

only time will tell. but there is a lot to be gained by sticking to valuations that will go beyond this transfer window. Winstanely and co. have come and changed the approach and its refreshing.

Just now, Strike said:

only time will tell. but there is a lot to be gained by sticking to valuations that will go beyond this transfer window. Winstanely and co. have come and changed the approach and its refreshing.

I’m all for sticking with our price , if Brighton don’t want it then move on. Don’t talk to them all window for nothing 

1 minute ago, lucio said:

I’m all for sticking with our price , if Brighton don’t want it then move on. Don’t talk to them all window for nothing 

I disagree. We shouldn't move on to the next target in this case because Caicedo is clearly the best available option. And there's a big drop off.

If it was a case of moving on to an alternative as good as Caicedo it would make sense. 

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

I disagree. We shouldn't move on to the next target in this case because Caicedo is clearly the best available option. And there's a big drop off.

If it was a case of moving on to an alternative as good as Caicedo it would make sense. 

So do we overpay or stick to our valuation ? 

No one else fancies putting cash on the table, no reason to go beyond 75. They don't want to let him go? Fine, let him rot there. If going on USA tour is meant to "get us moving", just pull out and get them moving instead. It's still gamble of a player. We got burnt multiple times with Brighton. I see the mid-table mentality was sucessfully instilled in part of fanbase as well.

4 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

No one else fancies putting cash on the table, no reason to go beyond 75. They don't want to let him go? Fine, let him rot there. If going on USA tour is meant to "get us moving", just pull out and get them moving instead. It's still gamble of a player. We got burnt multiple times with Brighton. I see the mid-table mentality was sucessfully instilled in part of fanbase as well.

A lot of money for an energetic ball winner. Not unbelievable on the ball and doesn’t score goals. 
someone posted before that he could easily turn out like Ramires rather than Kanté (good player but wouldn’t break transfer records for him)