Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

The point that several posters in here have made about the risk of Enzo getting a bad injury is an important one. We absolutely can’t be in a situation where 1 injury to him means that it screws up our entire team as we have nobody who can step in and offer what he does.

All the more reason the club better not stop at Caicedo. Imagine how horrendous to watch a midfield pairing of Caicedo & Gallagher would be in terms of linking the defense and attack. 🤢🤢🤢

The plan CANNOT be to have Caicedo as our only new midfielder with Gallagher and these completely untested teenagers as cover. 

we will buy two more midfielders and for a season without champions it seems to me to be enough.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

And how do we know the "proven goalscorer" guarantees us top four?

But to answer your question I want us to be back challenging for the league again properly, if in hypothetical world missing out again is the cost of building something more sustainable while the alternative is a sticky plaster top four finish ala United season just gone or Tottenham in 21/22 then yes the former.

We don't. However, it will help massively, going by the amount of points we dropped last season alone, thanks to a makeshift frontline that would even make a non-league side feel ashamed.

As do I. I just believe we can't afford to miss out again, as potential signings will start to think more about the lack of European football than our recent triumphs. In addition, considering the amount we've spent (probably adding another £150-200m from now), it isn't too much to ask to have a long term plan in place while also expecting results on the field.

Edited by LAM09

On 29/06/2023 at 19:14, MoroccanBlue said:

250-300kpw on a 6 year deal. 

Yeah good fucking bye. 😂

potentially £153.6m total cost for 6 years

he will turn 31yo in early winter of the season starting after his contract expires

11 hours ago, Pizy said:

Looks like Liverpool will make their move for Lavia next. Must say, they’re making some fantastic moves so far.

They get Szoboszlai, Mac Allister, and Lavia that is an amazing and total midfield rebuild. They’d go from the old guard of Henderson, Fabinho, and Thiago who can barely move about the pitch any longer to 3 midfielders who can do it all and who are all very young.

I’m jealous of them having not seen what we’re doing in midfield yet. 😒

I am liking the maniacal control from the board, Poch to be sensible this summer. They are driving hard bargains and sticking to valuations when negotiating for players. 

Nkunku, Gusto, Jackson seem sensible moves and many high wage earners have left. 

Liverpool may end up rebuilding their midfield but I’m not feeling any panic because of the course correction done this window. I’m open to spreading out the signings we need over windows. Wait for the right opportunities 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

I am liking the maniacal control from the board, Poch to be sensible this summer. They are driving hard bargains and sticking to valuations when negotiating for players. 

Nkunku, Gusto, Jackson seem sensible moves and many high wage earners have left. 

Liverpool may end up rebuilding their midfield but I’m not feeling any panic because of the course correction done this window. I’m open to spreading out the signings we need over windows. Wait for the right opportunities 

Fully agree with this. The board are also doing a great job soo far in terms of the outgoings which have proven to be an incredible display of doing what's necessary. 

Edited by DDA

So now we went from considering Mudryk absolute shit to considering him great, because he does well in U21 tournament, which is pretty much the same thing as PL football, if I understand correctly? The Chelsea thing 🤣

Edited by Vegetable

17 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

So now we went from considering Mudryk absolute shit to considering him great, because he does well in U21 tournament, which is pretty much the same thing as PL football, if I understand correctly? The Chelsea thing 🤣

Well mudryk is a future talent, he was bought on potential, and he just ripped his generation of french players a new arse hole.

6 hours ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

We had some good dealings with Lyon in the past be good to get that back and just cut ties with both Milan clubs (even tho AC are the lesser of two evils)

Wonder if they have any midfielders available (the last one we got from Lyon turned out to be pretty good)...considering we're short in midfield heading into next season. 

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

I do not think he is shit and never have. He is like Salah or KDB when we had them: terrifyingly promising, but not the finished article yet.

50 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

I do not think he is shit and never have. He is like Salah or KDB when we had them: terrifyingly promising, but not the finished article yet.

I just find it funny how sinusoidal opinions on our players get, while truth is usually somewhat more balanced.

I'm happy for his international performance, but remember his games here, so I'll be delighted if he will manage to perform anything like that against any league team as the difficulty level raises significantly here. 

2 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

I just find it funny how sinusoidal opinions on our players get, while truth is usually somewhat more balanced.

I'm happy for his international performance, but remember his games here, so I'll be delighted if he will manage to perform anything like that against any league team as the difficulty level raises significantly here. 

Don’t think there is reason to reconsider anything on Mudryk yet. He has shown he can shine in Ukrainian league and youth level before so nothing new yesterday. But has not really produced much on PL level so far. I liked his performance yesterday, it should give him confidence but it is all worth nothing if he can’t transfer it. Even Gael Kakuta completely ripped some u21 euros over a decade ago.

28 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Don’t think there is reason to reconsider anything on Mudryk yet. He has shown he can shine in Ukrainian league and youth level before so nothing new yesterday. But has not really produced much on PL level so far. I liked his performance yesterday, it should give him confidence but it is all worth nothing if he can’t transfer it. Even Gael Kakuta completely ripped some u21 euros over a decade ago.

First time I saw Gael play was a youth team game at The Bridge, think it was against Cardiff, and I'm sad to say that I wrote off his first team chances within 20 minutes of kick-off. I've been as disappointed as anyone with Mykhailo, but I'm not at the point yet where I've written him off. Already feels though that the early part of the season will be his last chance saloon.