Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I don't know why we don't try for Enzo Le Fèe. Im impressed with him. Very good vision, smart and not a selfish player. This guy will have a bright future. No doubt I want him at Chelsea.

Not sure I am in love with Cherki. He has an abundance of skill and I get where the comparisons with Hazard come from, but he loves to stop with the ball and "overplay" a bit. 9 times out of 10 players like that are very frustrating. All the talent in the world, but questionable end product. Hope I am wrong if we go for him and we get our hands on a even better player than Hazard.

If we want experienced striker I would rather go for Dybala on short term (while we wait for Jackson) who is available for just 12m euros over overpaying for Vlahovic, Lautaro, Oshimhen... Not classic striker but can play there and interchange.  Good numbers too.

50 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Grealish offers far more on the ball than Sterling ever did, so his goal tally doesn't matter as much. It isn't one of his strong suits either (8 league goals is his highest return).

Any desire to answer this as well - Short-term pain means another season outside of the top 4?

And how do we know the "proven goalscorer" guarantees us top four?

But to answer your question I want us to be back challenging for the league again properly, if in hypothetical world missing out again is the cost of building something more sustainable while the alternative is a sticky plaster top four finish ala United season just gone or Tottenham in 21/22 then yes the former.

9 minutes ago, JFKvsNixon said:

Isn't it the top five next season, to qualify for the Champions League?

No. CL changes format so there will be 36 teams with 2 places being wild cards for 2 teams with highest UEFA coefficient last 5 years that did not qualified. So potentially we could finish 12th and got that place or finish 5th and not. Depends on European results. So yeah, based of our results last 5 years it is extremely likely we will play CL in 24/25 no matter where we finish in PL this coming season. So people saying they want top4 does not have much sense. I want to see philosophy, improvement on the pitch and good football with young players progressing.

The point that several posters in here have made about the risk of Enzo getting a bad injury is an important one. We absolutely can’t be in a situation where 1 injury to him means that it screws up our entire team as we have nobody who can step in and offer what he does.

All the more reason the club better not stop at Caicedo. Imagine how horrendous to watch a midfield pairing of Caicedo & Gallagher would be in terms of linking the defense and attack. 🤢🤢🤢

The plan CANNOT be to have Caicedo as our only new midfielder with Gallagher and these completely untested teenagers as cover. 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

The point that several posters in here have made about the risk of Enzo getting a bad injury is an important one. We absolutely can’t be in a situation where 1 injury to him means that it screws up our entire team as we have nobody who can step in and offer what he does.

All the more reason the club better not stop at Caicedo. Imagine how horrendous to watch a midfield pairing of Caicedo & Gallagher would be in terms of linking the defense and attack. 🤢🤢🤢

The plan CANNOT be to have Caicedo as our only new midfielder with Gallagher and these completely untested teenagers as cover. 

I believe Conor is not even option for double pivot in Poch 4231. He will play as backup AM. Enzo, Caicedo, new MF and Santos I think.

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

No. CL changes format so there will be 36 teams with 2 places being wild cards for 2 teams with highest UEFA coefficient last 5 years that did not qualified. So potentially we could finish 12th and got that place or finish 5th and not. Depends on European results. So yeah, based of our results last 5 years it is extremely likely we will play CL in 24/25 no matter where we finish in PL this coming season. So people saying they want top4 does not have much sense. I want to see philosophy, improvement on the pitch and good football with young players progressing.

From The Sun, please forgive me for using the sun:

Two of the four extra places will be awarded to the nations that are top of the “country coefficient” chart each season.

That is a table based on the results of a nation’s teams in all three European competitions.

The total points earned by every nation’s clubs - with bonus points for reaching certain stages plus match-related points - are divided by the number of sides in European competitions.

In six of the past seven seasons, including this term, this would have meant an extra place in the big time for Prem clubs.

From the Star, again sorry:

A look at the current table of country coefficients shows England way out on top with 108 points from the past four years of competition including the ongoing season.

Spain currently sit in second place with 92 across that period, with Italy second for the current campaign just below the Premier League after both Inter Milan and AC Milan reached the Champions League semi-finals.

Does this not mean that 5th Place should be enough next season?

9 minutes ago, JFKvsNixon said:

From The Sun, please forgive me for using the sun:

From the Star, again sorry:

Does this not mean that 5th Place should be enough next season?

You are right. The update I was looking at was previous one which mentioned clubs coefficient. But it is for 2 countries from last year like you said.

21 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I believe Conor is not even option for double pivot in Poch 4231. He will play as backup AM. Enzo, Caicedo, new MF and Santos I think.

Hope so. And having let go so many midfielders already I have to trust that the club are on it.