Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 minutes ago, Mário César said:

who kepa will be our number 1? jesus christ

he needs to be number 2 ffs

Kepa was very good under 3 managers: Sarri, Tuchel and Potter. Only bad under worst defensive manager we ever saw. I'm sure it will be good under Poch. 

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Kepa was very good under 3 managers: Sarri, Tuchel and Potter. Only bad under worst defensive manager we ever saw. I'm sure it will be good under Poch. 

He will be OK, which is all we need atm 

The only reason Kepa is still at the club is because he's unsellable. Chelsea will be the only big club in his career.

I think he's awful, but considering the squad we are building, don't think Kepa will make or break anything. 

Still plenty of time, window just opened but teams ideally want to have transfers done before pre season. 

Spurs are doing good moves. Vicario and Maddison plus are after CB now. New manager as well and should get one LB and they ready to go. Keep Kane ofc. Arsenal also doing good moves with Rice, Havertz and Timber. I do find it weird that they are so easily throwing 2 of 3 starting MFs after their best season in 2 decades. Newcastle got great MFer, just what they needed. With CL they will be more active on transfers for sure. City is City don't need to do much, just cosmetic changes. Liverpool will completely refresh MF area and will have better season. United is making zero improvement with Mount and Onana. What a stupid way to spend over 100m. Basically their whole budget. We are doing great with sales but let's wait and see arrivals. So if we draw the line today us and United are far away from top4. My opinion. 

2 hours ago, Mário César said:

Potentially David Raya?  He is 27 which is very young for a keeper and his contract runs out for next season an I think as the transfer window goes on, Brentford will be reluctantly willing to sell him for a cheaper fee. Maybe around £25m I reckon. PL proven and has been brilliant in both seasons. Brilliant technically and great reflexes. Not the biggest keeper, but he is actually very commanding in the box and don't often recall moments where his height has let him down.

50 minutes ago, Stats said:

Potentially David Raya?  He is 27 which is very young for a keeper and his contract runs out for next season an I think as the transfer window goes on, Brentford will be reluctantly willing to sell him for a cheaper fee. Maybe around £25m I reckon. PL proven and has been brilliant in both seasons. Brilliant technically and great reflexes. Not the biggest keeper, but he is actually very commanding in the box and don't often recall moments where his height has let him down.

I don't know, he did put some pressure on the club to sell him and talks with Spurs collapsed anyway. They wanted 40m.

41 minutes ago, chef said:

So someone like Mamardashvili?

Sounds good.

Not sure i saw some quotes from him but probably same case as Meslier. Won't come if not guaranteed number one. 

1 hour ago, Stats said:

Is there any point in having two short keepers?   Raya would make more sense as a replacement for Kepa (with Slonina to develop on loan and potentially come back and fight for the #1 spot in a few seasons time). 

27 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I don't know, he did put some pressure on the club to sell him and talks with Spurs collapsed anyway. They wanted 40m.

They were negotiating for weeks then Spurs got impatient and bought another keeper. I am pretty sure they would have got the fee down. Spurs just didn't want to be drawn in lengthy negotiations and sought other targets. As the latter stages of the transfer window go Brentford will definitely soften their stance.

22 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Is there any point in having two short keepers?   Raya would make more sense as a replacement for Kepa (with Slonina to develop on loan and potentially come back and fight for the #1 spot in a few seasons time). 

I get your point, but Raya is one of the more attainable options. Apart from the Valencia keeper, most keepers who are tall, seem to cost a fortune and unless it is Martinez or Oblak or someone in that category, don't think it is worth it.

25 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Richards just scored for Jamaica after replacing Leon Bailey on Gold Cup. 

@ZAPHOD2319 why USA doesn't play with best players this tournament?

After winning the Nation’s League and playing mostly the European players, the best we have, it was decided to give them a rest before they had to report for club preseason training. This tournament will have almost all MLS players, who are not accustomed to playing with each other. The Gold Cup is not very prestigious. Many CONCACAF teams play youth players to build them up.