Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Kessie would be an interesting signing. Not sure he’s overly convinced in Spain but his physical profile and tenacity could be useful in midfield. Think he had a good spell at Milan. Barca are expecting Saudi’s to offer big cash for him though so lets see what happens.

Why the fuck are we going after another young winger also? I swear this mob of technical directors and footballing people we’ve hired have a hard on for turning us into Southampton. Or Leipzig or somebody of that ilk.

We need to get this window right. And that means getting good quality players who can contribute right away. If we have another window where we piss money away on kids for other clubs, expensive projects and continually beat around the bush instead of prioritising what we need then we could struggle. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

19 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Not true.

Barcelona finished 3rd and needed a rebuild and City in 15/16 were on a similar points to us after the first few games.

Also since he's left Bayern they've sacked three managers because they were on course to do the supposedly impossible and not win the league with them.

Its not important what happened after him, but what happened before him. The fact is that the years before, Barca was competing for the title, City was competing for the title, Bayern just won the treble before he joined! Maybe these teams needed some rebuild within the team, but Im talking about the clubs. All these clubs were stable, all these clubs have been champions within some years before he joined, all these clubs were competing every year. The fact that Pep only won 1 CL in the last 10 years with Bayern and City is not a good performance tbh. 

On the other hand we are not competing for the league title for 6 years now. 

Pep always was in a comfy position when he joined his clubs. Hes not doing wonders. Wonders would be to make United champion again after SAF, making Chelsea champion again after 6 years, winning the CL with clubs like AC Milan after 16 years. To transform a club from mediocrity to being world class. 

16 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Do you only read what you want to? Did you miss the entire if developing goes well? 

The selection part may have been a problem too. Not sure those players would've developed anywhere.

The RB in particular was dreadful.

Makes sense to do it tho... as long as it's done right/better.

Edited by robsblubot

Let's hope it's a bluff to both value a goalie which is unsellable atm as well as hide interest.

Otherwise it just shows it's a very different club these days.

Worst possible scenario is that Pochettino finds out what everybody have already known for years now, t-rex kepa can't play goalie, which forces Chelsea into another desperate buy for a lot of money... likely another Kepa. 

Edited by robsblubot

6 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Let's hope it's a bluff to both value a goalie which is unsellable atm as well as hide interest.

Otherwise it just shows it's a very different club these days.

Worst possible scenario is that Pochettino finds out what everybody have already known for years now, t-rex kepa can't play goalie, which forces Chelsea into another desperate buy for a lot of money... likely another Kepa. 

It's a bigger worry if we're not even urgently looking for a back up (if in worst case Poch wants to run with Kepa).

Bettinelli was objectively one of the worst keepers in the Championship when he last played regularly.

Edited by Tomo

The 420th edition of the CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post uses Wyscout data on dribbling in domestic league matches over the last 365 days to compile a world ranking of the best dribblers according to an index combining the frequency and percentage of successful dribbles, as well as the sporting level of teammates and opponents. Only footballers who have not yet turned 23 and have played at least 1’500 domestic league minutes are included.

Real Madrid’s Brazilian winger Vinícius Júnior tops the list with a successful dribble every 15 minutes and 32 seconds, and a success rate of 50.3% in highly competitive matches.

His compatriot Ângelo Gabriel of Santos FC ranks second with even more impressive statistics, albeit in lower-level games: one successful dribble every 13 minutes and 56 seconds with a 64.2% success rate.

Bayern Munich’s Jamal Musiala rounds up the podium ahead of AFC Ajax’s Mohammed Kudus.

Players from 35 different leagues are in the top 100, with Spain’s La Liga in first place (11 representatives), one more than the English Premier League and Argentina’s Primera División. Born on 23 December 2004, Brighton & Hove Albion’s Facundo Buonanotte is the youngest player in the top 100, followed by Ângelo Gabriel (born just two days earlier), RB Salzburg’s Israeli Oscar Gloukh and Vélez Sarsfield’s Julián Fernández.

Ranking of U23 attacking players according to the Dribble index

102f0f2d3a46d64a220fe6a2ade90457.pnga0c3c84e744205f2bd908f9bb1593629.pngc01e7273d9a48a0b4b39d4350e8a5774.png5cc153e5baf91143c6920ede6fd076de.png

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Unless Ornstein jumps on Twitter to say that United are in for Caicedo then I’m not buying it. 

Oldest trick in the book. Most deals in football are, or are made appear, auction-like because seller and agents would love that.

On 27/06/2023 at 19:30, OneMoSalah said:

Would be fine but was it not reported Newcastle were making a £12m bid? 

I see Kova goes to City and now he’s a cunt…. typical. Daft move by us.

I am under the impression that the clubs willingness to offload him probably swung his decision to leave, bet he couldn’t believe his luck when City were interested though. Although did say before that the clubs spending last season has hamstrung us and we were always going to he susceptible to selling good players who could still offer something here to our rivals. Think Inter was mentioned months ago when it was originally talked about their being a bit of uncertainty around his future.

But yeah, daft. Not made one midfield signing and thats now Kante and Kova gone as well as RLC looking set to leave and Mount maybe going on a free next summer for the sake of a few million and potentially add ons. 

Said it before, our transfer strategy is wank. 

You would be one of the first ones whingeing about their injuries and age, gobbing on about why didn't we sell them, so spare me the contrived poutrage.

Sorry, just calling it like I see it.

I am far from perfect, but I am sticking to my multiyear calls to drain the swamp and rid ourselves of deadwood and players who do not want to be here. 

The window just opened, we have world class execs now, and I am going to tryst the process. The only thing so far I have the sadz over is missing out on Ugarte, as I have come around to him aftwr watching a lot of game footage.

I think (for CMF & DMF) that he and either Barella or Caicedo would have great buys to put with Enzo.