Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

10 hours ago, Mhsc said:

Koulibaly off the books is amazing news, what an absolutely dreadful signing that was, one of our worst CB signings ever. Liked his personality and professionalism tho, he just fell off a cliff in terms of pace and couldn’t handle the league. 

I will give Boehly and Co credit

they are ruthlessly cleaning up their mistakes

9 hours ago, Stats said:

I officially have to change my favourite player now 😞

I think £25/30m for Kovacic is a steal. He is still in his 20s, a national team regular and oozes quality. Leicester got relegated and are quoting £50m for Barnes and Maddison and Maddison also has also 1 year left on his contract and they are quoting double the price. I think that is brilliant business for City tbh. We are short on CM as well. Struggled with injuries last season but on form, brilliant player to watch. Will miss him.

I was hoping for £40m, but we got £30m apparently

and yes, I just changed favourite player to Thiago

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I will give Boehly and Co credit

they are ruthlessly cleaning up their mistakes

Only KK was their mistake. Ziyech, Mendy, Lukaku, Bakayoko and all the others was the old regime.  

11 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Only KK was their mistake. Ziyech, Mendy, Lukaku, Bakayoko and all the others was the old regime.  

And Cucu, not sure about Sterling. 

Fofana....not too sold on him. 

Mudryk make or break year this one. 

8 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Manchester United have improved Mason Mount bid worth up to £50m rejected

https://theathletic.com/4552591/2023/06/21/mason-mount-man-utd-transfer-news/

LONDON, ENGLAND - OCTOBER 22: Mason Mount of Chelsea during the Premier League match between Chelsea FC and Manchester United at Stamford Bridge on October 22, 2022 in London, England. (Photo by Alex Pantling/Getty Images)

Manchester United have seen an improved offer worth up to £50million for Mason Mount rejected by Chelsea.

The fresh United bid consisted of a £45m initial fee plus £5m in add-ons but Chelsea countered and requested a £60m fee plus £5m in add-ons.

An agreement is edging closer but is not yet in place.

Mount has a year left to run on his deal at Stamford Bridge but talks over extending his stay have so far failed to yield a positive conclusion.

Chelsea are keen to comply with the England international’s wishes and Manchester United will not keep improving their offer.

The Athletic reported in June that Chelsea had rejected a £40million offer from the Old Trafford club as they value the player far higher and dismissed the approach out of hand.

Mount is a product of the Chelsea academy and has made 195 appearances for the club since his first-team debut in 2017, scoring 33 goals.

He spent two seasons out on loan at Vitesse Arnhem and Derby County between 2017 and 2019 before establishing himself as a first-team regular in Lampard’s first spell at Chelsea.

He has also made 36 appearances for his country and was a member of Gareth Southgate’s squads at Euro 2020 and the 2022 World Cup.

Mount struggled with a pelvic injury towards the back end of the 2022-23 season and missed Chelsea’s final-day draw against Newcastle United.

Follow the summer transfer window with The Athletic

Why might he leave Chelsea?

Analysis by Chelsea correspondent Liam Twomey

This is a complicated question. Mount has been significantly underpaid for the best part of three years; he remains one of the lowest-paid members of Chelsea’s first-team squad, earning less than £100,000 per week ($124,000), on the five-year deal he signed at the beginning of the 2019-20 season. He has since played a key role in the Champions League triumph of 2021, established himself as an England regular and been voted Chelsea’s player of the year twice.

Since the takeover, Todd Boehly and Behdad Eghbali have been unable to tie Mount down to a new deal and the constant turbulence of this season will not have helped matters as Mount weighs up his future.

Would he fit in at Man United?

Analysis by Carl Anka

This move has potential, but might not be a seamless adaptation. The most obvious move would be for Mount to replace Christian Eriksen next to Casemiro. Mount could provide the same progressive passing, set-piece delivery and late entries into the box of Eriksen while improving United’s defensive intensity when out of possession.

There is some method in United’s pursuit of someone seven years younger than the Dane who can provide similar attacking output plus superior defensive resistance. The question is whether being better than Eriksen or United’s other box-to-box midfielders is a good enough benchmark for what United want to achieve in future seasons.

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

And Cucu, not sure about Sterling. 

Fofana....not too sold on him. 

Mudryk make or break year this one. 

U cant call these players deadwood after this last season. 

Dont forget that Pep wanted to spend 40m on Cucu, surely he can be better than what we saw. 

Edited by Gundalf

my theme song for my feelings about all the deadwood leaving, from two of my long time favourite Stockholm electronica artists. Little Jinder and the techno wizard Kornél Kovács

Little Jinder - Won't Look Back (KOKO's Heartbreak Disco Edit)

8 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

We need an experienced ST in, as we only have Sterling in that department. 

8 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Must Must Must get a striker

8 hours ago, Pizy said:

Wonder if we’ll be after an additional attacking player after Jackson at this point. Felix, Havertz, Mount, Ziyech all out. Hopefully Pulisic as well. 

My thinking all along has been that Mudryk, Nkunku, Sterling, and Madueke was enough but perhaps another creative type who can also chip in with goals should come in. 

8 hours ago, Mário César said:

that's my point

we need another player with more end product

no long drawn-out list with all the reasons why I narrowed the best targets down and why I pulled many off

there are just not that many high quality  CFs and wingers out that are both doable and available, plus good enough to buy (and many here will likely disagree on these ames in terms of being 'good enough')

CFs

there are only two left after a rigorous process of elimination

the only two serious options (besides Jackson) left and they are both expensive AF and super hard to pull:

Dusan Vlahovic

Lautaro Martínez

and then:

Wingers

Khvicha Kvaratskhelia    (crazy expensive though)
Moussa Diaby 

Karim Adeyemi 
Harvey Barnes  
Bryan Mbeumo  

I will add that for wingers, I cut out the 3 Bayern players (Sane, Gnabry, and Coman) plus the 2 great players who are coming off HUGE injuries (Mikel Oyarzabal and of course Federico Chiesa)

here are the break-down posts

8 hours ago, lucio said:

Gallas was a world class baller and threatened to score own goals if we didn’t let him leave (or so I heard) 

beast of a player, but a pure cunt too often

two greats that crossed into and out of the Blue firmament:

undefined

8 hours ago, Pizy said:

We need an unexpected Ornstein bomb about a player nobody thought we were after but who we’ve secretly been working on behind the scenes. 

Come on, give us some exciting incoming transfer news today!

Oblak

and

Tchou

(a girl can dream)

Edited by Vesper

out!

(bold are players still here we will get at least £10m or more for)

Edouard Mendy 
Kepa Arrizabalaga (likely staying)
Kalidou Koulibaly 
Trevoh Chalobah
Marc Cucurella  (please!)
César Azpilicueta  
Conor Gallagher
Ruben Loftus-Cheek
Mason Mount 
Christian Pulisic 

Hakim Ziyech
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
—    DF    Wales WAL    Ethan Ampadu (at Spezia until 30 June 2023)
—    DF    Ghana GHA    Baba Rahman (at Reading until 30 June 2023)
—    DF    France FRA    Malang Sarr (at Monaco until 30 June 2023)
—    DF    England ENG    Dujon Sterling (at Stoke City until 30 June 2023)
—    MF    England ENG    Tino Anjorin (at Huddersfield Town until 30 June 2023)
—    MF    France FRA    Tiémoué Bakayoko (at AC Milan until 30 June 2023)
—    FW    England ENG    Callum Hudson-Odoi (at Bayer Leverkusen until 30 June 2023)
—    FW    Belgium BEL    Romelu Lukaku (at Inter Milan until 30 June 2023)

plus

now

Kai

Kova

Kante

Denis Zakaria

João Félix

Sterling to the Saudis is a huge wild card, BUT we need to replace him with another winger then (plus we need another one too, so two then)

Edited by Vesper