Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

31 minutes ago, didi007 said:

Are these not the same players under a good coach who won 3 trophies including the CL not too long ago? if they are that bad why are other top clubs after them! Calling the dogshit? no wonder they all want to leave in droves. 

I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince anybody that the majority of the current squad have been nothing short of a disgrace and there is certainly no convincing me otherwise. Many of these players are overrated..  the winning of the CL was a team effort and had nothing majorly to do with the excellence of individuals. If anything the stand out player of that campaign was Rudiger. The other trophies are in all honesty mickey mouse trophies that nobody really gives a fuck about. 

18 minutes ago, DDA said:

I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince anybody that the majority of the current squad have been nothing short of a disgrace and there is certainly no convincing me otherwise. Many of these players are overrated..  the winning of the CL was a team effort and had nothing majorly to do with the excellence of individuals. If anything the stand out player of that campaign was Rudiger. The other trophies are in all honesty mickey mouse trophies that nobody really gives a fuck about. 

that's my point

and that's why don't bother me sell mount and havertz

Just now, ulsterchelsea said:

See all these Saudi deals? I take it we're getting a transfer fee as well as losing the dead weight?

Surely we are when players like KK & Ziyech have more than 1 year left on their deals.

On 17/06/2023 at 11:28, TheHulk said:

Not even Vesper rates him.

rates who?

I rate Toney

and I am not at all negative on Jackson, I had him in a list of possible CFs back in May here

On 17/06/2023 at 11:31, YorkshireBlue said:

No offence to vesper, but she's hardly scouting royalty,

I am obviously not a pro, and especially never claimed royalty scouting status (lolol) but at least let me find out who Hulk was talking about (meaning did I actually say I did not rate some player)

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

rates who?

I rate Toney

and I am not at all negative on Jackson, I had him in a list of possible CFs back in May here

I am obviously not a pro, and especially never claimed royalty scouting status (lolol) but at least let me find out who Hulk was talking about (meaning did I actually say I did not rate some player)

Meant regarding Jackson, I didn't see you say anything about him so assumed you don't rate him high.

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

This could come back to haunt me but I'm really not getting the hype over Ten Hag so far, their football has been no different to Ole's.

I think they have to be a bit more progressive at times next season although there was some games with sequences where you could see bits and pieces of how EtH’s Ajax played also but would say United were a bit more rigid than Ajax who were a bit more free. I don’t think he will be able to completely instil that way of playing from Ajax to United either as I would imagine with some of the players he has at United he can tailor things to utilise certain skills. Plus Ajax always play in that style, although theres always slightly variations.

Overall though, from how I looked at it, it looked like EtH focused more on resetting the attitude and mentality as well as trying to get back to that sort of ‘this is Man United’ of the past. Where as under Jose, Ole and Ragnick you got the feeling they were soft and would roll over after any little struggle.

You’d expect them to go on and buy a few good players this summer and keep building. They did have some big losses though which again, difficult to shake off despite what you’d expect has to he considered a very positive season for United but they seemed to be a bit more resolute and not cave in moments where they did before.

7 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think they have to be a bit more progressive at times next season although there was some games with sequences where you could see bits and pieces of how EtH’s Ajax played also but would say United were a bit more rigid than Ajax who were a bit more free. I don’t think he will be able to completely instil that way of playing from Ajax to United either as I would imagine with some of the players he has at United he can tailor things to utilise certain skills. Plus Ajax always play in that style, although theres always slightly variations.

Overall though, from how I looked at it, it looked like EtH focused more on resetting the attitude and mentality as well as trying to get back to that sort of ‘this is Man United’ of the past. Where as under Jose, Ole and Ragnick you got the feeling they were soft and would roll over after any little struggle.

You’d expect them to go on and buy a few good players this summer and keep building. They did have some big losses though which again, difficult to shake off despite what you’d expect has to he considered a very positive season for United but they seemed to be a bit more resolute and not cave in moments where they did before.

He hasn't really fixed the soft mentality though. They suffered three history book tonkings and won once away against the top 12 (couldn't even beat us in what was probably our worst ever big game performance at Stamford Bridge).

2 hours ago, DDA said:

That in itself should be cautionary tale as he was the biggest scapegoat under Lampard 1.0.