Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

There's no way in hell this boy Jackson who 99 % of us haven't heard of until today is going to be our number 9. Educated guess that broja is going to be made a make weight in caciedo and fofana is off on loan. This guy is a back up at best surely

On 15/06/2023 at 22:48, LAM09 said:

Eto'o.

Drogba and Yaya Toure should have been the conversation at their peaks. Salah would have had a very solid case had he won the CL during his first season at Liverpool as well (Ramos thuggery).

thank you

I had not yet read this when I said the same about Eto'o in 2005/06 just now

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Will be painful seeing Kepa as our #1 again but as long as we strengthen everywhere else we need to I can live with it for 1 more season.

news say that inter won't negotiate for less than 50M€, which seems natural

if the board is not willing to pay 50M€, there are no miracles 

2 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

There's no way in hell this boy Jackson who 99 % of us haven't heard of until today is going to be our number 9. Educated guess that broja is going to be made a make weight in caciedo and fofana is off on loan. This guy is a back up at best surely

From what I'm seeing based on our recruitment, this team is big on "advanced stats". 

As someone previously posted, Jackson's advanced stats are through the roof and if it is a target Poch is after, it is a good fit by their metric. 

I'm okay with it. 

Just now, Vesper said:

Samuel Eto'o in 2006 (Fabio Cannavaro won)

Eto'o won a treble (CL and La Liga included) with Barca (and Pichichi Trophy as La Liga top scorer and was La Liga POTY)

52 total goals produced (40 goals and 12 assists) for club and country (and Cameroon played far fewer games than in other years (such as 2000-2002 when he won back to back African Cup of Nations plus won the Olympic gold medal), and he also played no friendlies)

also in that period he won

African Player of the Year
ESM (European sport writers) Team of the Year
FIFA World Player of the Year Bronze Award
FIFA FIFPro World XI
UEFA Team of the Year
CAF Team of the Year
UEFA Champions League top assist provider
African Cup of Nations top goalscorer
UEFA Club Forward of the Year

That's a compelling case i'll admit 😉

Maybe he deserved it that year, or Ronnie again. In any case i felt it was beautiful that a DC got it for once.

On 15/06/2023 at 22:51, didi007 said:

Yes. Check out the French team. It’s full of Africans….Wes Fofana is Ivorian, and where do you think Kante, Pogba, Mbappe, Dembele and Makele, Desailly …. jeez the list goes on and on are originally from????

all but Makélélé and Desailly were born and raised in France

and those last two basically are French as well, as they were raised in France, as both moved to France when they were each only 4 years old

Think Boehly has a good relationship with the Saudi’s. Saw a pic making the rounds on Twitter the other day of him meeting with them. Maybe he can set up some sort legal money laundering scheme where a bunch of Saudi clubs can pay decent fees for our deadwood. 🤣

14 minutes ago, Mário César said:

if he was going to be sold to bournemouth, how come in six months he is already good enough for Chelsea?

How many players have we, and other big clubs bought just 6-12 months after they come in, become a massive revelation and the next big thing? 

Very rare we, or other big clubs get it right early. I mean, at times we did, with KDB, and others, and we let them walk...

It just isn't sound logic, or the right way to look at it.  

27 minutes ago, Vesper said:

thank you

I had not yet read this when I said the same about Eto'o in 2005/06 just now

Weah vs Eto... now that's a face-off. Different eras tho...super difficult to compare.

Eto more agile, quick, skillful while Weah more powerful + aerial. Don't remember Weah much, so could be off.

On 15/06/2023 at 22:56, Liuxas said:

God. I hate this greedy cheap club so much. At least he will champion every year in farmers league. They got the best Centre Back in the world right now. You will see guys he will be so dominant. I wish we bought him as Silva replacment. We missed big chance. Btw hes release clause is 35mln if i remember. Thats crazy deal for such a beast. 

Kim Min-jae is not the best CB on the planet

I would take every one of following over him

Rúben Dias  
Ronald Araújo
Josko Gvardiol  
Marquinhos
Milan Skriniar  
Matthijs de Ligt
Alessandro Bastoni
Éder Militão  (he improved a lot the last 2 years, I no longer consider him a major issue for RM)
António Silva (next great Portuguese CB IMHO)
William Saliba  
Sven Botman  
Jurrien Timber (he grew to 6 feet tall and has speed to burn, today is his birthday, turned 22)

If VVD and Alaba were 3 years or so years younger then them as well

Giorgio Scalvini, 19yo, 1.94m is perhaps the next great Italian CB

ca0a9a31d00734f9ed75422511439aa2.pngSL Benfica star Antonio Silva could cost Manchester United around £78  millionc310dad993a3b6ae73b9e34db78a5cf1.pngTwitter 上的Atalanta B.C.:"Prima da titolare per Giorgio #Scalvini 🤩 🎙 "Per  me grandi emozioni" First match as a starter for Scalvini 💪 💬 "Great  emotions for me" Post-match reaction 🎥 https://t.co/H95eADnq7k #

86d2d3d382cd692d42562cb8a7e1ee4d.pngImage

Edited by Vesper

The more I watch of Nicolas Jackson the more I like what I see. 

He looks a really skillfull player with very good  1 touch and two touch link up play. Looks composed on the ball when in finishing situations. Strong and fairly fast too. Hmm, this could turn out go be a bargain at just £29m.

Edited by DDA

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

The more I watch of Nicolas Jackson the more I like what I see. 

He looks a really skillfull player with very good  1 touch and two touch link up play. Looks composed on the ball when in finishing situations. Strong and fairly fast too. Hmm, this could turn out go be a bargain at just £29m.

But to our main striker dont make sense

On 15/06/2023 at 23:09, Simon1991 said:

There's a reason Weah is still the only African to win the Ballon d'Or, and it has nothing to do with the talent of those who have followed him.

Wasn't it implied here? That's certainly how i read your post and i am sure many others would arrive to the same conclusions.

Your profile says you are from Mexico

perhaps you should deal with the racism there against us black folk first rather than trying to dismiss bias out of hand

Memín Pinguín for instance:

Memín Penguin, Changing Racial Debates, and Transnational Blackness

1d7c249eb8852052095e0bcb88711b19.jpg

In Mexico, how erasing Black history fuels anti-Black racism

https://theconversation.com/in-mexico-how-erasing-black-history-fuels-anti-black-racism-175315

In early 2021, a Ghanaian migrant known as Faruku died in the northern Mexican city of Tijuana, near the Mexico-United States border, of an apparent stroke.

This was after being turned away from a hospital and later being asked to pay for an ambulance before it would assist him. A report from Refugees International notes that the circumstances “suggest medical racism” — negligence of care informed by racism.

Recent reports by other migrant rights and advocacy groups describe various instances of anti-Black racism as medical negligence in immigration detention centres in Tijuana and also in the southern town of Tapachula.

Faruku’s story has drawn attention to the plight of African and Haitian migrants in a state of limbo since 2019, when the U.S. first enforced laws forcing asylum-seekers trying to enter the country from Mexico to first await a Mexican court date.

It’s also drawn attention to anti-Black racism in Mexico, which is not only widespread, but a pillar of Mexicanness.

Long denial of Black history

Anti-Blackness includes the long denial of Black history in Mexico that affects the country’s more than 2.5 million Afro-Mexicans. According to 2015 figures, about two-thirds of the country’s population that self-identifies as Afro-Mexican also self-identifies as Indigenous.

Anti-Black racism in Mexico has been historically perpetuated by the legacies of slavery and the existence of a racist colonial-era racial caste system, and a modern nationalist myth that has associated true Mexicanness with being mestizaje. That means “mixed race,” a racial and cultural mix of Indigenous and Spaniard.

This ideology has romanticized a state-defined idea of Indigenity as anchoring authentic Mexican identity, even while the state enacted policies to assimilate and marginalize Indigenous Peoples.

snip

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Your profile says you are from Mexico

perhaps you should deal with the racism there against us black folk first rather than trying to dismiss bias out of hand

Memín Pinguín for instance:

Memín Penguin, Changing Racial Debates, and Transnational Blackness

1d7c249eb8852052095e0bcb88711b19.jpg

In Mexico, how erasing Black history fuels anti-Black racism

https://theconversation.com/in-mexico-how-erasing-black-history-fuels-anti-black-racism-175315

In early 2021, a Ghanaian migrant known as Faruku died in the northern Mexican city of Tijuana, near the Mexico-United States border, of an apparent stroke.

This was after being turned away from a hospital and later being asked to pay for an ambulance before it would assist him. A report from Refugees International notes that the circumstances “suggest medical racism” — negligence of care informed by racism.

Recent reports by other migrant rights and advocacy groups describe various instances of anti-Black racism as medical negligence in immigration detention centres in Tijuana and also in the southern town of Tapachula.

Faruku’s story has drawn attention to the plight of African and Haitian migrants in a state of limbo since 2019, when the U.S. first enforced laws forcing asylum-seekers trying to enter the country from Mexico to first await a Mexican court date.

It’s also drawn attention to anti-Black racism in Mexico, which is not only widespread, but a pillar of Mexicanness.

Long denial of Black history

Anti-Blackness includes the long denial of Black history in Mexico that affects the country’s more than 2.5 million Afro-Mexicans. According to 2015 figures, about two-thirds of the country’s population that self-identifies as Afro-Mexican also self-identifies as Indigenous.

Anti-Black racism in Mexico has been historically perpetuated by the legacies of slavery and the existence of a racist colonial-era racial caste system, and a modern nationalist myth that has associated true Mexicanness with being mestizaje. That means “mixed race,” a racial and cultural mix of Indigenous and Spaniard.

This ideology has romanticized a state-defined idea of Indigenity as anchoring authentic Mexican identity, even while the state enacted policies to assimilate and marginalize Indigenous Peoples.

snip

Omg 

Be careful with offtopic

Dude nobody care about that debate