Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Should've got him on loan again and bin Havertz, what an dumb decision this was.

I mean surely the fact no one wants to pounce on our "dumb decision" vindicates it? 

Edited by Tomo

4 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

You are absolutely right. Maybe Mount and Kovacic are past their sell by date, but the fact is we are being forced to sell former first team members to rival clubs because we are in a tough spot

You can't paint a pretty picture out of this, because I've seen Arsenal do exactly that in the past decade and they've suffered for years because of that.

People can remain optimistic, and of course I am optimistic about having a real manager for once, but don't be surprised if Kovacic and Mount are soon followed by James and Colwill out the door a year later.

It's a very pathetic state of affairs.

It's all good if Kovavcic and Mount were actually outperformed by their replacements.

But no. We are shite and being made to pay for it.

It won't be nice from a sentimentality point of view but that's where the comparisons with Arsenal end.

They were selling players at the absolute peak of their powers and not replacing them properly, Kova and Mount have not only had huge question marks on them for over a year now we have upgraded heavily on Kova and by the looks of it will on Mason aswell, certainly the last 18 months version.

1 minute ago, bigbluewillie said:

He's never showed me he has anything, like what has he ever done that looks good.

He was a real handful for defenders , strong and pacy. Our season would have gone better if he remained fit. He’s probably crippled now though regardless 

I have loved Kova at Chelsea but even I can admit it’s the right time for him to go even if it’s to a domestic rival. If he was 24-25 I’d be adamantly against it. But he’s nearly 30 now and has had constant injury problems. And even when he has been fit he hasn’t been his best like he was a couple of season ago. A situation like City is perfect for him since he won’t have to be an every match player. He’ll be rotated constantly by Pep so his injury risk will be lessened.

As for Mount, I just could not imagine a scenario in which he played regularly for us if he stayed. Not when we have the attacking midfield options we have. He’s not playing ahead of Nkunku or even Kai in the second striker role, he’s not playing ahead of the actual, natural wingers we have, and moving him deeper in midfield is pointless. So squeezing £60m or more out of someone is great business. Will he go on to be solid for United? Sure. But I really don’t think he’s a special enough talent to haunt us like Salah or KdB.

9 hours ago, Pizy said:

Seeing lots of pundits and talking heads slaughtering us for letting Mount go. Idiots that clearly haven’t watched Chelsea closely over the last 18 months in which Mount has been utterly woeful. For both club and country.

All of these guys seem to think we’re selling the Mason Mount from the CL winning campaign or the Lampard season where he was arguably our most important player. He hasn’t got near that level in ages.

Shitting on the club for refusing to hand a squad player (which is what Mase would be if he stayed) a mega-wage when all the media have been doing since Boehly arrived is criticize us for handing out silly money is so hypocritical. 

Same that talked about Willian leaving to Arsenal......

We have only really screw up selling young players. But players who are relative older I can't remember once where they went and did amazing. 

22 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Same that talked about Willian leaving to Arsenal......

We have only really screw up selling young players. But players who are relative older I can't remember once where they went and did amazing. 

which selling of young player would you call screw up?

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I have loved Kova at Chelsea but even I can admit it’s the right time for him to go even if it’s to a domestic rival. If he was 24-25 I’d be adamantly against it. But he’s nearly 30 now and has had constant injury problems. And even when he has been fit he hasn’t been his best like he was a couple of season ago. A situation like City is perfect for him since he won’t have to be an every match player. He’ll be rotated constantly by Pep so his injury risk will be lessened.

As for Mount, I just could not imagine a scenario in which he played regularly for us if he stayed. Not when we have the attacking midfield options we have. He’s not playing ahead of Nkunku or even Kai in the second striker role, he’s not playing ahead of the actual, natural wingers we have, and moving him deeper in midfield is pointless. So squeezing £60m or more out of someone is great business. Will he go on to be solid for United? Sure. But I really don’t think he’s a special enough talent to haunt us like Salah or KdB.

Would have to agree, I reckon Mount saw what was happening (particularly with the Nkunku signing), even the recent Felix loan and sort of realized that his place in the side was no longer automatic.  There's no doubting that he's got some qualities about him but he's not going to carry a team to titles by himself (like KDB, Salah and co). 

Sometimes it's better to part ways with a player than have them upset on the bench moaning about lack of play time.