Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Is it me, or is this fairly cheap for a player of his quality? 

Also - Ivan Toney seems to play really well whenever I watch. Don't know much about him, but is he actually a possible long term option for us up front? Good at pressing? Can someone tell me a bit about him who has watched him more frequently. 

7 minutes ago, Thor said:

Is it me, or is this fairly cheap for a player of his quality? 

Also - Ivan Toney seems to play really well whenever I watch. Don't know much about him, but is he actually a possible long term option for us up front? Good at pressing? Can someone tell me a bit about him who has watched him more frequently. 

"who've made it clear any fee must be significantly more than €25M." 

So yeah they're saying 25M won't cut it ;). Somewhere in the 40-50M range should do the trick though, i imagine.

4 minutes ago, Simon1991 said:

"who've made it clear any fee must be significantly more than €25M." 

So yeah they're saying 25M won't cut it ;). Somewhere in the 40-50M range should do the trick though, i imagine.

40m euros (£35m) and they sell, I wager

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

40m euros (£35m) and they sell, I wager

That'd be tremendous business. He looks really really good. 

Vesper - you've watched Toney a bit. Is he a good long term solution? 

I’m a bit annoyed seeing the constant links to Robert Sanchez and Alexis Mac Allister, whilst they are good players for the positions they play they are not good enough for what we need IMO. Really neither of the pair of them are any better than anything we currently have. 

3 hours ago, Thor said:

That'd be tremendous business. He looks really really good. 

Vesper - you've watched Toney a bit. Is he a good long term solution? 

Main question with him are those gambling charges and his age (turned 27yo today)

I think in terms of player talent, we could do far worse, I love his game

he is on my final lists for CF

these are the CFs I rate to buy who are remotely available and who are great at pressing (so that rules Dušan Vlahović out)

in order of my preference of purchase

Victor Osimhen   (24yo, turns 25 in December)
Rasmus Højlund  (super pace, size) (just turned 20yo, MONSTER potential, already scoring a lot for Atalanta, perhaps will be a mini Håland, and he is hardly mini, he is 1.91/1.92m, so over 6 feet 3 inches)
Ivan Toney  (as long as the betting shit is sorted)  today is his 27th birthday, so its buy or not this summer, as he has only 2 full sub 30yo season left, buying him in summer 2024 when he is 28 and a half or so is playing with fire for the price he will still command
Jonathan David  (just turned 23yo 2 months ago)
Randal Kolo Muani  (24yo, turns 25 in December, he is 24 days older than Osimhen)

8 hours ago, TheHulk said:

lol, we are hiring many of the great German and Austrian footballing administrative and recruiting/scouting minds

the only one we have missed so far that we tried and failed on was the first and the biggest

Christoph Freund, the sporting director at RB Salzburg

I still hope we can pull him someday

I think he is a genius

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I’m a bit annoyed seeing the constant links to Robert Sanchez and Alexis Mac Allister, whilst they are good players for the positions they play they are not good enough for what we need IMO. Really neither of the pair of them are any better than anything we currently have. 

I don’t fancy Sanchez at all. Decent keeper but no better than what we’ve got with Mendy and Kepa. 

Mac Allister on the other hand I’d love at the club if the price was reasonable. Problem is the price likely won’t be reasonable as Brighton are flying high and can demand whatever huge fee they wish.

22 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

What's the plan with Slonina? Is he going out on loan?

He’ll have to unless we sell both Mendy AND Kepa, right?we move those two on and keep Slonina as our #2 ideally. But finding buyers for them feels highly unlikely. 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

He’ll have to unless we sell both Mendy AND Kepa, right?we move those two on and keep Slonina as our #2 ideally. But finding buyers for them feels highly unlikely. 

Not much point in keeping 19 yo goalkeeper on bench and waste him. He either has to play or go and come back in few years. 

The satellite club may be an answer to a lot of questions, it doesn't seem to be organized very swiftly though. 

Edited by Vegetable

13 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Not much point in keeping 19 yo goalkeeper on bench and waste him. He either has to play or go and come back in few years. 

The satellite club may be an answer to a lot of questions, it doesn't seem to be organized very swiftly though. 

They still need to find the right club and purchase it. But I’m all for it if we can get a model like that going for real could really catapult us in world football