Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

46 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'm surprised by the Felix interest. Never understood how he attracted that massive fee in the first place.

He’s a fantastic footballer who’s exciting to watch. He had all the hallmarks of your usual wonderkid back then so that explains the fee. Feels like he just chose to go to the exact wrong club. 

But much like Havertz he hasn’t lived up to all of his huge talents.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He’s a fantastic footballer who’s exciting to watch. He had all the hallmarks of your usual wonderkid back then so that explains the fee. Feels like he just chose to go to the exact wrong club. 

And now he has chosen to damage his career even further by wasting 6 months playing with absolute donkeys here.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Which at least leaves opens the possibility that the big fee was justifiably hard to understand. My general view is that if players don't have the talent, they have no chance but that, even with the talent, they need to demonstrate the ability to apply it effectively. In saying this, I'm not saying anything that's news to anybody here. It looks like Felix is coming and we'll get a chance to see how effective he can be.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

7 hours ago, TheHulk said:

I haven't heard of anything regarding Moukoko in weeks..

Chelsea hold key advantage in Youssoufa Moukoko transfer battle amid 'good chance' of deal

Chelsea transfer news: Borussia Dortmund Youssoufa Moukoko continues to be linked with a move away from Germany after he entered the final six months of his current deal this month

8 JAN 2023

https://www.football.london/Chelsea-fc/transfer-news/Chelsea-youssoufa-moukoko-transfer-battle-25922290

6 hours ago, whats happening said:

matty cash?

Aston Villa player a ‘serious target’ for Chelsea as pressure grows on Graham Potter

Chelsea are reportedly considering a move for an Aston Villa player as Graham Potter looks to bolster his squad in the January transfer window.

https://www.birminghamworld.uk/sport/football/aston-villa/aston-villa-player-a-serious-target-for-Chelsea-as-pressure-grows-on-graham-potter-3979636

GettyImages-1454663590.jpg?width=640&quality=65&smart

Aston Villa defender Matty Cash has reportedly attracted interest from Chelsea, as Blues head coach Graham Potter is hoping to boost his options at right-back. The Polish international, who played every minute for his national team at the FIFA World Cup in Qatar, has just begun accumulating consistent game time under Unai Emery.

Cash was substituted in Villa’s shock FA Cup Third Round defeat to Stevenage after picking up what looked to be a hamstring strain. Emery was unable to offer any update on the defender’s condition immediately after the match as he admitted he did not have an answer for reporters, but this does not seem to have phased Chelsea.

According to Simon Phillips, “it looks likely now that the club are going to try and bring a right back this month if they find the right opportunity.” The journalist points out Cash as the freshest option being considered by the recruitment team at Stamford Bridge.

The 25-year-old has become a key player for Villa since signing from Nottingham Forest, making 85 appearances, scoring four goals and contributing six assists. His record at the Forest Ground was even better, as Cash scored 13 and set up a further 15. His current market value is around £20 million, as per Transfermarkt.

Potter has already been put under a lot of pressure at Chelsea despite only joining the club from Brighton in early September. Currently down in 10th place in the Premier League standings, the Blues have won just seven of their opening 17 fixtures.

Signing another player at right-back could be key for Potter as star man Reece James, who predominantly plays in that position, has suffered plenty of injury problems this campaign. No offer has been made to Villa as it stands, but it appears Cash is considered a possibility.

4 hours ago, Bren said:

I knew Felix would end up here eventually after failing to fulfil his early promise at AM. I just knew it 😂(it yet might not happen but still). I'm sure he's a nice lad and I'm sure he'll love posting loads of insta photos of his jaunts around London. But where it really matters he won't make one iota of difference (I'd love to be wrong).

Maybe it's because I'm jaded after years of transfer failures but I wouldn't be excited about this Enzo lad either. Small (relatively), massive fee/wages ... another dosser for the Cobham Sixth Form Centre?

We desperately need leaders. We need players who will consistently turn up and play with flair when they can but dig in when necessary. Players who aren't shit scared of the opponent and their goal! I can dream.

so name the names of these players we need to go after

Rolling tally of the 30 best (IMHO) overall under 30yo (Oblak is 30yo) players/targets who are still on the board (now or in this coming summer) and also not injured seriously or recovering (so no Chiesa, Wirtz, Oyarzabal, etc)

Last criteria is that there is at least one player for every position.

And yes, I put Rice and Felix on there as they are in this group. Dembele, de Jong and others like Bastoni and Simakan (renewed) came off as they are simply not available, not moving this summer, and some may soon come off too, for various reasons.

Jude Bellingham  
Josko Gvardiol
Enzo Fernández   
Victor Osimhen
Dušan Vlahović 
Rafael Leão  
Declan Rice  
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia
Moussa Diaby
Moisés Caicedo
Jan Oblak 
Nicolò Barella 
Milan Skriniar 
Mykhaylo Mudryk 
João Félix  
Bernardo Silva 
Sergej Milinković-Savić
Bruno Guimarães
Leroy Sané  
Theo Hernández
Mikel Merino 
Marcos Llorente    
Martín Zubimendi 
Manu Koné
Denzel Dumfries
Alexis Mac Allister
Youssoufa Moukoko 
Matheus Nunes
Roméo Lavia
Illan Meslier (Giorgi Mamardashvili now has a €100m release clause, ffs, so after Oblak, Meslier is my 2nd pic)

Edited by Vesper

I mean - I don't think there are all that great options out there atm, particularly in the areas we need. 

You can force moves, but as mentioned, you can't turn around an 18 wheeler in one move. All of you made fun of Arsenal as they lumped it for a while, but given time and patience to put in place what they were trying to do, it finally worked. 

We try for CL this season, and just focus on playing better football and more to the template that Potter has put out. Can't ask for much more this season. Some exciting signings if possible - great. If not - wait until next season. 

1 minute ago, Thor said:

I mean - I don't think there are all that great options out there atm, particularly in the areas we need. 

You can force moves, but as mentioned, you can't turn around an 18 wheeler in one move. All of you made fun of Arsenal as they lumped it for a while, but given time and patience to put in place what they were trying to do, it finally worked. 

We try for CL this season, and just focus on playing better football and more to the template that Potter has put out. Can't ask for much more this season. Some exciting signings if possible - great. If not - wait until next season. 

we need to pull the trigger NOW on a bloody RB

plenty out there to choose from

Denzil Dumfries (main issues: price, plus he might have 'no CL' issues, plus will want to be the starter, and that is not happening once Reece is healthy)

Pedro Porro (assist machine, tracking to 20+, £39.7m release clause)

Malo Gusto (19yo with huge potential, and si already a starter all the time)

Matty Cash (EPL proven, great athlete, can run for days, I am fine with thsi, I did not think Villa would even think about selling)

Jeremie Frimpong (can play winger)

Joakim Mæhle (can play either side)

Juan Foyth

Iván Fresneda

Nahuel Molina

Vanderson

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Screams of desperation and nativity. Can see this being an absolute embarrassment of a deal. 

Injury News: Chelsea’s crisis deepens as 24-year-old sidelined for ‘weeks’

https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2023/01/Chelsea-injury-crisis-deepens-with-christian-pulisic-being-ruled-out-for-a-few-weeks-latest-news/

Christian Pulisic of Chelsea looks on after leaving the field following medical treatment.

Inter to Receive Final Answer on Milan Skriniar Extension This Week

https://cultofcalcio.com/inter-to-receive-final-answer-on-milan-skriniar-extenison-this-week/

With the Nerazzurri quickly running out of time to renew the Slovakian international, Inter will not have to wait much longer on Milan Skriniar’s final decision.

As it stands, Inter have offered a 6.5m euros per-season plus add-ons for the extension of Skriniar, with the Beneamata showing no intention of raising their offer despite many European giants monitoring the situation.

According to reports from FcInterNews, Skriniar’s agent has confirmed that final response to the offer that has been on the table prior to the holidays will be adressed no later than the end of this current week.

So far this season, Skriniar has played a tremendous role for Inzaghi’s side, accumulating 23 appearances across all competitions for the Biscione thus far.

With Milan Skriniar’s contract set to expire in the upcoming summer, Inter could be forced to lose the 27 year-old on a free transfer ahead of next season as they show no intention of offloading the star stopper in January regardless of his decision.

b6cd3e44fb873f8a4dd7c7517544e645.png

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

So Inter paying Lukaku 7.8m full season. We pay Felix 11m half season. They are both struggling. 

total cost, with his wages included will be around £15-16m

which is a shedload for 4 and a half months of play

Must be a secret agreement for Lukaku to go Atletico Madrid in exchange for Felix at the end of the season if all goes well.

Otherwise this deal is just stupid.

Edited by DDA