Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 minutes ago, Strike said:

City snapped up the Argentine mid Benfica were looking to replace Enzo with. Does look like they're doing what they can to scuttle this Enzo deal

Miserable fuckers, if true. 

Probably also to do with how Argentine transfers work out well due to their current economic condition, like someone said. But I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case 

4 hours ago, Clockwork said:

I still believe in Felix talent, it’s hard to deny his pure talent when watching him. 

Let aside numbers, that are not quite there, like with most of those wonderkids, report were he had very tough relation with manager, who expected him to defend. He was upset when not played, upset when not played right, upset when something was demanded from him and generally didn't present himself very level-headed reportedly. To different extent, but it smells Dembele vibes for me and I doubt we need this kind of character in the club ever, especially now. Plus, as someone mentioned, it all comes down to typical issue of what you can do in Spain, you can't really repeat in EPL.

8 hours ago, King Kante said:

As @Pizysays, it is a different with AM/CF's. In those positions you have to essentially be Mbappe or Häland levels to be appreciated; especially if you go for a high fee. Enzo is different, he'll get a lot more time and be able to settle without so much spotlight. 

The issue I see with Enzo is how he deals with the press and intensity in the PL. I do have concerns about that with him as whilst technically gifted, he'll have to process a lot quicker here and deal with the rough stuff. That is always difficult to judge a player on as to whether they can adapt to the PL; that said, I am not so worried about the rough stuff as typically Argies are massive sh*t housers, so I expect he is already used to that. 

Going back to Felix for a second however. I also feel AM were pretty much the worst move for him. DS's system really doesn't play to his strengths. I still feel when watching him that if he gets the right environment, he'll be a top player, if not quite a world class one. 

It will be interesting to see how it unfolds as I don't recall many 'midfielders' going for 100+ million in recent times.  The French talent that moved to Real Madrid would probably be the closest at 80 million...

In terms of PL transfers, the two big transfers that come to mind are: Casemiro approx 70 million and Rodri was about 60+ million for City. 

Benfica have some of the best scouts in Europe. I highly doubt they’d scupper a deal that would net them 100m or more because one of the potential replacements is off the table. They probably have half a dozen talents lined up in the event that Enzo goes.

9 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Would be nice to have him by the time we play City, if this deal is actually happening.

If we got Caicedo as well then our midfield would surely be 'sorted' for a long time to come.

No chance we get Caicedo aswell ad Enzo.... absolutely no chance.

3 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

It will be interesting to see how it unfolds as I don't recall many 'midfielders' going for 100+ million in recent times.  The French talent that moved to Real Madrid would probably be the closest at 80 million...

In terms of PL transfers, the two big transfers that come to mind are: Casemiro approx 70 million and Rodri was about 60+ million for City. 

The  most expensive CMF/DMF transfers in history, adjusted for inflation

Pogba in 2016 for €125.7m

de Jong in 2019 for €97.9m

no other one €90m or more

AMF

ZZ  €119.6m in 2001

Figo €94.8m in 2000 (he played a lot at winger too, expecially early in his career)

De Bruyne  €91.2m in 2015

Kai €90.4m in 2020

James €90.1m in 2014

23 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

So these long contracts for players is only to help us with FFP. 

Not really.Having the transfer fee amortization spread over a longer period definitely plays a part but it's not necessarily the only reason.

For the younger players (Slonina, Chukwuemeka, Casadei) a contract longer than the usual 5 years allows for the club to see out their development over the next few years without having to worry about their contracts running down and having any negotiation leverage shift to the player's camp instead.

As for W. Fofana and Cucurella the lower amortization and thus FFP was certainly a factor but it also means both of them are tied to the club for pretty much the entirety of their prime years (Fofana till 29yo and Cucurella till 30yo). Same for Enzo if he ends up signing.

As long as the players are succsesful it's very good to have them tied on long-term deals. However if they end up being terrible buys it will mean they're very difficult to get rid of.

Edited by Jype

If Enzo doesn’t happen just wait for the summer. Don’t go and sign an inferior player. Even Caicedo who I see mentioned doesn’t have the same skill set and quality as Enzo. Just wait and see what’s available in the summer.

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Looks like the Enzo dream is over. 

Ornstein just reported we aren’t in the final stages with Benfica at all and won’t be hold ransom. We will walk away if necessary.  

You guys are always being so dramatic lol. Nothing is done, but nothing is over yet either.