Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

17 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Bit of a weird one but because of my skin colour, I grew up as a bit of a running joke that I was Mexican and as a result I've actually followed Mexico a bit as a football team and kind of support them as my 'adopted' nation.

If we're talking primarily as a holding midfielder he's good and solid. He's the sort of player that can knit and hold things together. At 6ft 2 as well he'd offer a lot more physicality to the midfield.

But he's not great on the ball - he's not terrible, and would at least look to keep things simple but how that transfers across to English football would be my worry coming to play in England with the pace and intensity. I'm not saying he's as bad, but we've already seen in the past someone like Bakayoko look passable outside of England but completely struggle over here. For me, he'd need to be able to show he's quicker on the ball, particularly if he played in a pivot.

If you played a 4-3-3 with a genuine holder then he'd actually be a pretty good choice in that role. But as a pivot in a 3-5-2 or 4-2-2-2 I'm not quite sure.

This is some deep freudian stuff mate.

I love it 🥂

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Ornstein corroborating now. Jesus.

Will this kill our interest in Rice next summer? We won’t need two hugely expensive DM’s.

If we finish outside top4/6 while United finish with a European spot, rice might anyway choose not to come here and waste his time. 

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Apparently he’s pretty poor on the ball and passing. 😕

From what I've read the Ajax fans love him and say he is massively underrated. Great on the ball too.. keeps it simple 

What we’re crying out for in midfield is someone who is super comfortable on the ball yet still very athletic and mobile. Someone who a can also break the lines with a key pass. Frenkie De Jong or Declan Rice in other words.

This guy, from what I’m reading and watching, is brilliant at breaking up play but not much else. Much like so many other of our current players he’ll probably struggle when pressed due to his limited technical ability on the ball.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

What we’re crying out for in midfield is someone who is super comfortable on the ball yet still very athletic and mobile. Someone who a can also break the lines with a key pass. Frenkie De Jong or Declan Rice in other words.

This guy, from what I’m reading and watching, is brilliant at breaking up play but not much else. Much like so many other of our current players he’ll probably struggle when pressed due to his limited technical ability on the ball.

Mate, in the first para, you basically defined the perfect and the most ideal midfielder. 😂

There are a handful of such ones left. Anyone other than rice, fdj, fabinho and maybe a couple more will have some issue or the rest. 

1 minute ago, blahblahblah said:

Mate, in the first para, you basically defined the perfect and the most ideal midfielder. 😂

There are a handful of such ones left. Anyone other than rice, fdj, fabinho and maybe a couple more will have some issue or the rest. 

🤣🤣🤣 True. We need a player that’s a mixture of Kante, Cesc, and Jorginho all in one. Which is why FDJ is so sought after.

4 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

no one listens to me but Kouadio Koné fits that bill