Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Also what is going on with Fofana's height?

He is listed as 1,90 almost everywhere but looks clearly shorter than 1,88 Jonny evans in their pictures. Granted he was under 20 when the picture was taken so may still have grown a bit but hardly 5cm. Probably a case of height inflation to push transfer value... From personal experience, whenever you meet a footballer he is at least 2cm shorter than listed.

Leicester-City.jpeg

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

Too slow with transfers; even if you land a target, it will be way too late to challenge for anything as it takes time for players to gel in a new team.

Nothing new here, but disappointing to see that we haven't figured this one out yet.

I still think we are weaker than the CL season as of now.

Pretty clear we'd be playing catch up this window.

Teams had already started announcing deals before Boehly/Clearlake even had the keys in hand, and the situation was exacerbated further with Marina leaving.

It's part of the reason why I don't want us to panic buy now. I feel there may be more movement in January than normal once the World Cup is done. That break for a few weeks just before it actually gives clubs time to work on potential deals. We may find ourselves in a better position then to get things done.

22 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Btw, from all the footage I’ve seen Leão seems to play and do most of his damage from the left side where Sterling obviously plays. So another reason why I’m skeptical of our interest this summer.

Sterling, Mount, Pulisic, Hudson Odoi.......

49 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Btw, from all the footage I’ve seen Leão seems to play and do most of his damage from the left side where Sterling obviously plays. So another reason why I’m skeptical of our interest this summer.

Sterling has been a false 9. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Also what is going on with Fofana's height?

I guess scouts look more into the height of jump, than height itself; Sure, defenders should be big, but stand up straight, bam, +5 cm. Scoliosis? Out of luck, -5. Hard to eyeball from the photo, different postures, different perspective etc.

16 minutes ago, turgi said:

Rafael Leao as what? Left WB in this boring Tuchelball formation?

Come on man. That's not fair on TT 

Leao will play as a RWB. 

Also, i cant wait for TT to want Lars and Sven bender out of retirement next season as our defensive mids. Will be legendary. Auba, Lars, Sven. The whole bvb gang back together.

19 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Yeah Everton fans are more than happy if they can get £50m from Gordon. They don't rate him that highly. 

That's not what I understand, it seems to me they are def against letting him go.

Where did you get that information from?

Edited by bigbluewillie

11 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Just scrolling across the scene on sky sports.

Chelsea are prepared to pay £60 + addons for Anthony Gordon...

if true fucking insanity.

This is what happen when we don't have a very experienced DoF.  Boehly just keep throwing a lot of money on unecessarry signings. 

Edited by Blues Forever