Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Ex Arsenal players have always done well with Chelsea. Gallas, Ashley Cole, Fabregas and even Giroud have done well in our colours.

We also need a finisher and he has premier league experience and has also worked with Tuchel before. This is a no brainier, Get Auba in!!

Gallas wasn't ex gooner. He went there after Chelsea.

5 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

No way we are loaning him unless we sign a CB.

12 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

Makes no sense to me.

CB - Silva, KK, azpi, 

LwB - chilwell, cucurella

Rwb - James.

Thats 6 players for 5 positions. Maybe 7 if we include RLC as a valid option for RWB. 

Chalobah is a solid player. Considering how old our CB options are as well as how thin we are, we should be looking to have him here.

+ Fofana + Gordon as RWB, who covers James, who can also play RCB and we would have 8 players for 5 positions, 9 if u include Ampadu. The good thing is that James, Cucurella and Azpi are versatile players who can play in different positions. Should do ig. 

Edited by Gundalf

From the club’s POV I don’t think it makes sense to let Trev go on loan even if we do sign Fofana. We’ll need all the depth we can get at the back with this strange season we’re going to have.  But from Trev’s POV I can absolutely see why he should go. Tuchel prefers 33 year old Azpi and now even Reece at RCB over him I think.

Just now, Pizy said:

From the club’s POV I don’t think it makes sense to let Trev go on loan even if we do sign Fofana. We’ll need all the depth we can get at the back with this strange season we’re going to have.  But from Trev’s POV I can absolutely see why he should go. Tuchel prefers 33 year old Azpi and now even Reece at RCB over him I think.

To be honest he isnt really good enough anymore. He had a good start into the last season, but fell off quite a bit. This guy needs confidence again, playing regularly and not as a backup.

43 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

Makes no sense to me.

CB - Silva, KK, azpi, 

LwB - chilwell, cucurella

Rwb - James.

Thats 6 players for 5 positions. Maybe 7 if we include RLC as a valid option for RWB. 

Chalobah is a solid player. Considering how old our CB options are as well as how thin we are, we should be looking to have him here.

Rlc for rwb. Easy. He is amazing there.

Fofana and azpi for rcb

1 hour ago, blahblahblah said:

How many goals did Lukaku scored in PL? Do you know that? Can you write that down?

And yes, i will dismiss his performances at the age of 30 because this is a striker who thrived on pace. Do you know the first thing that declines post 30?

Your problem with the whole scenario is your dismissive attitude. I gave my opinion based on sound reasoning and you acted like it was blasphemy. And now all you are doing is changing goal posts when I have proven that Lukaku had a better record in the PL compared to the striker we are looking to get. Stop floundering and accept it for once. 

278 games 121 goals. Seems I can write it down. Auba 92 goals 168 games. Do the maths u haven't proved nothing.

10 minutes ago, Marvin123 said:

Rlc for rwb. Easy. He is amazing there.

Fofana and azpi for rcb

RCB is not the problem.

We have only KK for LCB with Cucu a very unfortunate backup.

Only KK and Thiago can play CCB and they ideally play both.

What we are doing this window for CB position is reckless and naive. The best business done was actually unvoluntarily by missing out on useless Ake and Kounde. In fact if we sell Trev we would need two buy two more CBs. Despite all the complaining and advertising we would buy 2-3 cbs we are now net still now net one cb shorter than we were last year while also having lost quality. If we consider Trev only capable of palying RCB and bring in Fofana, fine we can loan him but that still does not help us with us with the problem at ccb and lcb. we can not expect anyting from the season if we effectively have 4 players for 3 positions James or Cucureall a being able to paly cb or not

If De Jong was moving I think it would’ve happened long ago. Think it’s pretty crystal clear that he’s staying.

They’ll send us Auba, Memphis will go, and that’ll then allow them to sign Alonso and register Koundé. FdJ will stay put.

1 hour ago, Kong said:

278 games 121 goals. Seems I can write it down. Auba 92 goals 168 games. Do the maths u haven't proved nothing.

I have not? 

I have proven that Lukaku is one of the best goal scorers around and definitely has a better track record than auba in the near past 

I have proven that my nick has got nothing to do with my opinion as you had so vehemently suggested in your first take.

At the end of it all, nothing, nothing makes sense about this transfer. It's one problem for another. Both players were good strikers (one of them still in prime, another definitely past it). One of them of 30 years old, another 33 and relies far more on pace. Giving auba a 3 year deal while paying him astronomical wages as well as paying Barca 30m€ and helping them in their crisis is one of the instances of the worst pieces of business out there in the footballing world. 

Also, i would really like to know your source. Because as per transfermarkt, auba has scored only 68 PL goals. So need to check your facts BEFORE doing any maths mate.

Edited by blahblahblah

RWB - James, RLC, Azpilicueta

RCB - Fofana, AzpilicuetaKoulibaly, James

Sweeper - Silva, Koulibaly

LCB - Koulibaly, Cucurella 

LWB - Cucurella, Chilwell

8 players for 5 spots. 

4 players offer versatility in 5 other spots. 

Are we OK with this? 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

8 players for 5 spots. 

Are we OK with this? 

Definitely short by 1 if not 2 players.

46 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

8 players for 5 spots. 

Are we OK with this? 

I think it's a given that someone that can play at RWB will join.

I am a bit more optimistic about our team with the latest signings but still there are major question marks about this team.

Attack -improvement Sterling and only him. I feel uneasy about attack.

Midfield - defense with Kante played major part in our last year's fantastic start that has kept us in the top through chaos. The most important parts of this midfield are Kova and Kante, both injury prone. And Jorgi and Kante are entering last year of their contracts. 

Defense- Yes we got Cucu but him playing LWB lefts Chilwell out. Is he the same player still?  KK, Silva, Azpi over their thirties. Silva is anomaly, will KK manage doing it twice a week? I don't know. I guess we can play Chilwell Cucu Silva Azpi James. We so need another CB. And attacker. 

This Fofana looks good prospect but wasn't convincing against Arsenal at all. Martinelli bossed him. He had major injury last season.

Auba, 33 mill is a bit too much having in mind  age and that he is stop gap.

We will have more signing for sure.

I am OK with loaning Colwill out. Hope he stays injury free there  more often than at Huddersfield and comes back here stronger.

Age and injury tendency are major concernes with our back . I guess the last season left me traumatized 🙂

Edited by laura90