Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Been a very good window

I think I’m losing the plot , but I think it’s been a total shambles.

Many deals left until the last minute — which means we don’t get the best price for selling as clubs see us as desperate to offload.As I said previously we never seem to get our preferred target and we make our interest so well known that the selling club takes us for top dollar.

Yes we have ended up shipping out some failures,but we still have a lot left I.e Badiashille,Disasi, Mudryk etc. To win the Premiership you need a strong spine - Goalkeeper, Centre Half and Centre Forward,we have none of those components 

29 minutes ago, mkh said:

Chilwell has already been offered to Jose Mourinho's Fenerbahce, with their Turkish international Ferdi Kadioglu completing a late-August move to Brighton & Hove Albion.

@JacobsBen

Called it

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

This the manager prefers this player of that is pure pretence. Clownlake know which players they want to sell and those magically fall out of favour with Maresca. He is their puppet. 
You are deluding yourself if you think disasi or Badi are better at plying out from the back than trev. That’s just coping. Clownlake are clueless, made a bad decision and just as they are trying to save face with this brainless loan you retrospectively try to justify that decision 

No one saying they are better or worse, but to say the manager isn’t picking the players is garbage. Tell me you don’t watch the press conferences with out telling me you don’t…

13 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

No one saying they are better or worse, but to say the manager isn’t picking the players is garbage. Tell me you don’t watch the press conferences with out telling me you don’t…

Right bc Maresca is gonna come out at a presser like „you know guys, I am just the puppet and mouthpiece of a bunch of stupid Americans. Ask away“ 

Edited by Magic Lamps

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Right bc Maresca is gonna come out at a presser like „you know guys, I am just the puppet and mouthpiece of a bunch of stupid Americans. Ask away“ 

You clearly have a far better understanding of what is going on. 

1 hour ago, Seymop said:

Many deals left until the last minute — which means we don’t get the best price for selling as clubs see us as desperate to offload.As I said previously we never seem to get our preferred target and we make our interest so well known that the selling club takes us for top dollar.

Yes we have ended up shipping out some failures,but we still have a lot left I.e Badiashille,Disasi, Mudryk etc. To win the Premiership you need a strong spine - Goalkeeper, Centre Half and Centre Forward,we have none of those components 

Our CF is Jackson who is plenty good. 

Our preferred target? Osimhen? Since when? Seems like he was someone they had pencilled in for a reasonable price - but the dude got idiotic with wage demands. Osimhen isn't some generational talent. He is a guy with one great season in the Italian league. One. A single season. He isn't some grandstand champion that has been dominating for years. Its one good season. 

We have a potent attack, our midfield is good and is learning to play together. Yes - our CBs are a bit eh, but at the same time they haven't played together and are young. Both Fofana and Levi were some highly touted young CBs. Maybe lets give them time. Noni is looking a lot better after some time. Caceido has grown well after time. Cucu as well.

Just let the guys freaking play. People are writing off players after 2 games. 

19 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Has any other manager under Clearlake being this brutal? And openly talking about players not his fit and they won’t play for him? But carry on with the yes man narrative if it makes you feel better. 

1 hour ago, Seymop said:

I have never seen a top 20 in the world club in a more complicated mess, and we just keep digging deeper

we have huge issues on so so many levels, both on and off the pitch

in no order:

new stadium plans in shambles atm

possible bans/relegation for multiple reasons (FFP, Roman old shenanigans, dodgy co-club sales) which could result in Euro bans, transfer bans, points deduction, or even straight relelgation

potentially well fucked at CF, CB, and GKer, especially if we have a few key injuries

so so much deadwood not dealt with in terms of permanent solutions, as in so many cases we just loaned them out with no guarantee of non return, including multiple players on massive wages

no shirt main sponsor yet (truly wtf) unless something happened that I am missing

academy/youth teams spiralling down, key people sacked

absolutely foundational lack of both common sense and overall direction from the main upper management, plus the ownership

I am sure I am forgetting some things

but there is a hell of a start (or continuance if you will) to a long period of potential perdition

13 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Let's hope that you are right. 

they are delusional

only reason there was a draw today was Rice seeing red

it COMPLETELY changed the game

look that their first 3 games

ad882696e187de16b1828614f3813acf.png

one goal allowed

and that would not have ocurred, IMHO, if no red, plus they likely would have scored another 1 or 2

to claim, (as they did) that we are 'leagues ahead' of that is just silliness

56 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Has any other manager under Clearlake being this brutal? And openly talking about players not his fit and they won’t play for him? But carry on with the yes man narrative if it makes you feel better. 

I agree, Maresca is not a yes man