Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

What the team is lacking at this very moment is a strong CF presence that's dangerous inside the box. I think Osimhen would've saved a lot of dropped points last season. As far as big matches go, I think he's shown enough to be an absolute nuisance for defenders even when he isn't scoring. 

Worth a shot if they’re willing to accept a reasonable Lukaku + cash offer. As long as we aren’t paying anywhere close to the £100m they were asking for earlier then it’s probably a gamble worth taking.

56 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Worth a shot if they’re willing to accept a reasonable Lukaku + cash offer. As long as we aren’t paying anywhere close to the £100m they were asking for earlier then it’s probably a gamble worth taking.

Lukaku + Kepa + 20 million.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Of course Marina was the one signing off on deals. Football staff can't sign the cheques. That would be ridiculous. If you think I said that she didn't then you misread my comment, or are failing to pay enough attention to the varying responsibilities of of different roles in a large company. 

Not really, where I stand on her role is that if you're in that position you either have to take ultimate responsibility for the sign-off (as supposedly you're the one who has oversight of all aspects and you should have enough industry knowledge to know whatever is being signed off is correct or not) or you're there for other purposes (to act as a patsy, for good PR etc.) 

For me, you cannot be a Head/Director of something and then blame it on your underlings when things go pear shaped. As the day-to-day of any such role is to ensure that you're underlings do what is required and you have enough knowledge of whatever sector/industry etc, that you can tell if something is off/not right. If you can't do that, then you're there for other purposes. 

12 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I would throw in Disaster as well and up the amount to £40m. Fuckers have hopefully not seen Disaster play. 

So like a 230m offer for him? Can see why most of you don't work in football.

5 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Think you are missing wages: players can have negative value when they are on inflated wages.

I'm not saying that's the case with all these players, but their "value" may be much lower than what is reported/asked due to wages.

17 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Think you are missing wages: players can have negative value when they are on inflated wages.

I'm not saying that's the case with all these players, but their "value" may be much lower than what is reported/asked due to wages.

Regardless of wages, we payed 100m for rom 72m for kepa, 38m for disaster then throw another 40m on top? For a player people didn't wanna pay 100m for? But are happy to throw 210m on assets plus 40m cash..... Insanity 

Edited by YorkshireBlue

9 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Regardless of wages, we payed 100m for rom 72m for kepa, 38m for disaster then through another 40m on top? For a player people didn't wanna pay 100m for? But are happy to throw 110m on assets plus 40m cash..... Insanity 

What we paid for them is no longer important esp once we put them on high wages. Would be the same as City asking 100m for Grealish right now. It was already overpaid back then. 

We can ask whatever value we want for players, the question is about demand: who is going to pay that AND then take on the player's wages (in full).

They were all big losses... shit happens. Player can pick up a bad injury and his value would plummet.

Edited by robsblubot

40 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I wasn't being serious. However, I do believe that Disaster is absolutely awful and doesn't and shouldn't ever be anywhere near the first team. 

15 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

What we paid for them is no longer important esp once we put them on high wages. Would be the same as City asking 100m for Grealish right now. It was already overpaid back then. 

We can ask whatever value we want for players, the question is about demand: who is going to pay that AND then take on the player's wages (in full).

They were all big losses... shit happens. Player can pick up a bad injury and his value would plummet.

Shit does happen, imagine if the mortgage companies said that when you ring up complaining your house has dropped 30k in valuation, shit happens sir 🤣

5 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

What was the point of even buying them.

4 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Really pathetic

I like how club is proactive and already willing to sell players we purchased recently that didn't turned out good. Madueke, Mudryk, Sterling, Disasi, Badiashile, Washington, Angelo, Moreira and some others... Apparently all available on the market. 

Just now, YorkshireBlue said:

Shit does happen, imagine if the mortgage companies said that when you ring up complaining your house has dropped 30k in valuation, shit happens sir 🤣

That's actually a good example and exactly my point--2002 housing crash.

People took on those crazy loans betting on a future increase of asset price: so, the mortgage would be our player wages, and the house value the player asking fee.

As soon as the value of the houses (player's value) dropped like a rock, it made no sense to pay mortgage anymore and they couldn't sell the houses for a value anywhere high enough to cover the mortgage incurred, so people just stopped paying which caused the cascading effect in the financial & housing markets.

That's me talking about finance... sure we have better people around to do that. 😅

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I like how club is proactive and already willing to sell players we purchased recently that didn't turned out good. Madueke, Mudryk, Sterling, Disasi, Badiashile, Washington, Angelo, Moreira and some others... Apparently all available on the market. 

Most of us knew a lot of them we're busts from the get go, selling them after a season only confirms the scouting is completely clueless. Also most of them will be sold for cheaper than they were bought, so what a waste of time and money.

Edited by TheHulk