Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

17 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

No way we agree to that deal with Napoli. Not here to save them from the embarrassing situation they've got themselves in.

Either pay the clause or offer us a fair deal to trade Osimhen

Works both ways though.

Lets be realistic, they know we are trying to offload Rom cause he’s on massive wages and doesn’t want to be here - hence why their lowballing us. 

They also know we need to start offloading players irrespective because of the squad size.

I get the club put a clause in for Rom but barring a Conte melt down/ultimatum - which I get he is who he is but 7 weeks into his job, he’s not even that stupid - theres not too much we can do.

I think we should be saying if they offer between £30-35m for Lukaku… even with no swap deal on the table, that we will look to accept it on the basis that they accept a £50-60m bid in a separate deal for Oshimen. Then do both deals at the same time but separately as we were doing with Gallagher and whats his face. And if they fuck about just pull the plug on the Lukaku deal and let him rot.

I know its a bit of fucking about but if we really want Oshimen and they really want Lukaku - be hard with them.

Still think offloading the likes of Kepa, Chalobah, Broja, Ugochuwku & various others on loan/permanents would also give us a better footing too to make this deal as the need and desperation to trim a bloated squad disappears. I mean if we really want VO and Napoli really want RL, then we have to try make that happen. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

23 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Works both ways though.

Lets be realistic, they know we are trying to offload Rom cause he’s on massive wages and doesn’t want to be here - hence why their lowballing us. 

They also know we need to start offloading players irrespective because of the squad size.

I get the club put a clause in for Rom but barring a Conte melt down/ultimatum - which I get he is who he is but 7 weeks into his job, he’s not even that stupid - theres not too much we can do.

I think we should be saying if they offer between £30-35m for Lukaku… even with no swap deal on the table, that we will look to accept it on the basis that they accept a £50-60m bid in a separate deal for Oshimen. Then do both deals at the same time but separately as we were doing with Gallagher and whats his face. And if they fuck about just pull the plug on the Lukaku deal and let him rot.

I know its a bit of fucking about but if we really want Oshimen and they really want Lukaku - be hard with them.

Still think offloading the likes of Kepa, Chalobah, Broja, Ugochuwku & various others on loan/permanents would also give us a better footing too to make this deal as the need and desperation to trim a bloated squad disappears. I mean if we really want VO and Napoli really want RL, then we have to try make that happen. 

I say we get them to get the Lukaku deal over the line and then bail on the VO deal. 

I honestly don't see VO as a player to elevate us a level. Sure he may be a bit better than the 2024-25 versions of Jackson/Guiu etc, but I am not sure how long that would last. Then we would have to try and shift him when we already have tons of players to shift. 

Focus on incoming should now be solely focused on CB. No ifs, no buts. Felix is the only exception if we have to do it to sort the finances out. 

As for outgoings we need to sell like crazy. 

Edited by King Kante

11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

It was widely reported that Rom had to give up his massive wages to get the new contract with the release clause, as well as be allowed to go on loan last year instead of being forced out to Saudi. Cut it from something like £17m per year to £6m (£120k/week).

Agree with what you are saying though, something like Lukaku goes out for £30m and Osimhen comes in at £60m feels like the very best deal Napoli should be getting. They are in much worse state than us with Osimhen still on his huge salary and he is clearly never going to play for them again. From a sporting PoV Lukaku staying and sitting in our reserves does not bother us much, for Napoli their season is immediately over if Osimhen stays and refuses to play for them.

3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I say we get them to get the Lukaku deal over the line and then bail on the VO deal. 

I honestly don't see VO as a player to elevate us a level. Sure he may be a bit better than the 2024-25 versions of Jackson/Guiu etc, but I am not sure how long that would last. Then we would have to try and shift him when we already have tons of players to shift. 

Focus on incoming should now be solely focused on CB. No ifs, not buts. Felix is the only exception if we have to do it to sort the finances out. 

I kind of agree but at the right price I'm willing to give Osimhen a shot. He is a poor mans Haaland but City have shown you can make it work with a great finisher who is a terrible footballer. Honestly my bigger gripe is that he's just another very injury prone player.

Are there any new regulations that would prevent us from having feeder club and offloading players there?

I feel like we could form decent-ish Bundesliga / Serie A / Ligue 1 team with unwanted players, take off pressure from outgoing transfers, do financial magic and develop all those random kids there. Where are the downsides and why the matters seem to be stuck for third year now?   

Osimhen is a striker that has outperformed his xG for the past several seasons. In essence, literally every expected goal he receives he puts away. 

We need a finisher. Not a fan of his overall game but he puts the ball in the back of the net and is a threat inside the box. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

Just now, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I hope our people didn't try to change the deal without letting AM in on what was going on. Really don't need clubs that don't want to make deals with us going forward.

Yeah….

Imagine if we get ourselves in another situation where we piss off another club like we did with PSG last year. We’re going to make clubs never want to deal with us again.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah….

Imagine if we get ourselves in another situation where we piss off another club like we did with PSG last year. We’re going to make clubs never want to deal with us again.

Same as no one is willing to do business with Napoli and whoever else. Money talks in the end.

We constantly do business with teams that played us dirty multiple times in the past, starting with st. Brighton for example.

Edited by Vegetable

16 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Osimhen is a striker that has outperformed his xG for the past several seasons. In essence, literally every expected goal he receives he puts away. 

We need a finisher. Not a fan of his overall game but he puts the ball in the back of the net and is a threat inside the box. 

I'm not sure tbh.

Yes, City has an xG machine, but Real Madrid has historically preferred players, or strikers, who increase the "expected" variable in the expect goals equation. Yes, I see both approaches in the top teams, so I'm not sure there is a single way to go here.

With that out of the way, expecting an "automatic" improvement from Jackson can be a bit naive -- football doesn't work like that. So, I was expecting some movement in the striker role, esp getting a target man even if not a starter.

The thought of Osimhen flanked by chance creating machines like Neto and Palmer either side of him or playing together with Nkunku/Felix in another potential lineup does sound pretty damn good I have to say even as someone who isn’t super high on him.

My concern with Osimhen would mostly be in the big games against the better teams where service into him will be harder to come by. What does he offer if he’s not getting service is what I’m wondering? 

5 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Presumably there would be a headache resolution clause in his contract guaranteeing the manager free pain relief medication and regular lie downs in a darkened room. Where is he going to play? When's he going to play?

We all know that if Felix joins he will look great, but what would he actually achieve? Same as usual? Same as makes Atleti keen to part with him, and prevents Barcelona having any interest in making him a priority?

What’s your view on him as a player?

I’ve been a lurker for the most part on this forum but I find myself agreeing with most of your takes on players.

33 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Focus on incoming should now be solely focused on CB. No ifs, no buts. Felix is the only exception if we have to do it to sort the finances out. 

Absolutely. But still Lukaku as a bargaining chip to try persuade a VO deal with Napoli could be valuable.

VO be a better and more sensible buy than Felix in a footballing way because he is a number 9 who has a pretty respectable record. Yes he isn’t maybe that top or world class striker but he is miles ahead of most options. Its a tough spot to be in though as there aren’t many who fit that role or calibre. 

I think using Lukaku as bait to get a deal for VO, direct swap and cash or separate deals would be the right thing to do. Circumstances with our squad size doesn’t help though. But if that was in order, for me a deal like that would be the sort of ruthless move Roman & Marina would of made in this sort of situation.

CB is key though 100% agree also but in all fairness if we end up with Felix, no CB and no CF we only have ourselves to blame again for incredibly naive squad building and management. 

38 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

It was widely reported that Rom had to give up his massive wages to get the new contract with the release clause, as well as be allowed to go on loan last year instead of being forced out to Saudi. Cut it from something like £17m per year to £6m (£120k/week).

Agree with what you are saying though, something like Lukaku goes out for £30m and Osimhen comes in at £60m feels like the very best deal Napoli should be getting. They are in much worse state than us with Osimhen still on his huge salary and he is clearly never going to play for them again. From a sporting PoV Lukaku staying and sitting in our reserves does not bother us much, for Napoli their season is immediately over if Osimhen stays and refuses to play for them.

Forgot his wages were cut. Yep exactly my feeling. If it ends up that a Saudi club go in for VO or something then let him waste his career there.

If we weren’t so desperate to shift players I think there would be much more openness to letting Lukaku rot to the final days in hope Conte & Napoli come to the table more desperate to do a favourable deal.

Pochs reputation is literally going to explode this season due to 5/6 dead rubbers and one of the few decisions he got right (not signing Felix) ageing well in plain sight.

Hopefully one of our rivals fall for it.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Pochs reputation is literally going to explode this season due to 5/6 dead rubbers and one of the few decisions he got right (not signing Felix) ageing well in plain sight.

Hopefully one of our rivals fall for it.

Villa were linked to him….