Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Felix is a good footballer, great technique, no doubt. Under 40m is relatively cheap. Still we are absolutely loaded with attackers especially those who - like him - are all flair no end product. He is the exact opposite of what we need, exactly what he was last time we pondered that decision. He has failed wherever he has gone since leaving Portugal . Let altetico crash and burn , no need to bail them out just bc they can’t string two transfers together . The mere concept of switching from omorodian to Felix, two entirely different players and types of signings highlights again the absolute incompetence in our board and their completely random scattergun „strategy“ 

49 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

If Maresca is as reported wanting Joao, then he has a plan for him. Poch didn’t have a plan for anyone.

I am yet to see Maresca hold any opinion contrary to the owners. It is dangerous to think there's a plan when Felix was not in our thinking till last night.

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

I am yet to see Maresca hold any opinion contrary to the owners. It is dangerous to think there's a plan when Felix was not in our thinking till last night.

Maresca can look at Joao and know how he could incorporate him. Joao and Osimhen is a better plan than Samu. Sometimes you have to be flexible when opportunity presents itself. I am actually happy the plan is changing to more experienced players rather than more 18 year olds.

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I'm hoping Enzo has seen Sterling and Mudryk and thought "These two are shite"

He could of formed that opinion of Mudryk from watching most of his games last season (has the pace/acceleration to get past defenders but doesn't know what to do after that). 

1 minute ago, Reddish-Blue said:

He could have formed that opinion of Mudryk from watching most of his games last season (has the pace/acceleration to get past defenders but doesn't know what to do after that). 

Honestly we really should have let him go to Arsenal. I don’t think Arteta would have gotten much out of him.

Good news is a lot of the fees we would have to pay for Mudryk are down to performance related and not appearance so the over all fee could still be low for him.

Edited by bluesman2610

2 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

Honestly we really should have let him go to Arsenal. I don’t think Arteta would have gotten much out of him.

He may have settled down better at Arsenal, knowing that his mate Zinchenko was already there and there would be less pressure on him as a backup winger for Saka/Martinelli. 

15 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

If this Felix deal happens surely Sterling has to go.

The only club linked to Sterling is Juventus and they won't pay his wages. 

I wouldn't be surprised if those Madueke to Newcastle links came true as he would be 'easier' to shift than Sterling on those ridiculous wages. 

Just now, Reddish-Blue said:

The only club linked to Sterling is Juventus and they won't pay his wages. 

I wouldn't be surprised if those Madueke to Newcastle links came true as he would be 'easier' to shift than Sterling on those ridiculous wages. 

Selling Madueke ahead of Sterling would be the most Chelsea thing in the world

Sterling seems like the type of player who wouldn’t want to leave England. Doesn’t he have about 15 kids? I highly doubt he’d want to uproot such a big family and move to a country where they don’t speak the language etc.

So I think it’s probably much easier to sell Mudryk. Ideally both would go but Sterling’s wages and desire to leave are surely huge obstacles. 

13 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

He may have settled down better at Arsenal, knowing that his mate Zinchenko was already there and there would be less pressure on him as a backup winger for Saka/Martinelli. 

Also think the size of the pitch at Emirates would suit his game a lot more. I think for eg Martinelli would struggle here.

43 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

These deal gets better every hour.

Presumably there would be a headache resolution clause in his contract guaranteeing the manager free pain relief medication and regular lie downs in a darkened room. Where is he going to play? When's he going to play?

We all know that if Felix joins he will look great, but what would he actually achieve? Same as usual? Same as makes Atleti keen to part with him, and prevents Barcelona having any interest in making him a priority?

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

23 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

If this Felix deal happens surely Sterling has to go.

Mudryk surely? But even then they aren’t like for like players. 

I don’t think signing someone who played predominantly as a left winger at Barcelona last season and as a number 10 for us the half season before is a good move without shifting one of either Mudryk or Sterling anyway. And still means we need a CF. And still, I’m with Tomo on this one too, not for me. JF was the best of a bad bunch and even then, for me his most memorable highlight was getting sent off what 10 mins into his debut? Can’t think of any real contribution where I thought wow what a player we’ve got here.

21 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Maresca can look at Joao and know how he could incorporate him. Joao and Osimhen is a better plan than Samu. Sometimes you have to be flexible when opportunity presents itself. I am actually happy the plan is changing to more experienced players rather than more 18 year olds.

This is am really interested in, really. How is Maresca going to incorporate Felix? When we play 433/4231…? As a 10 when he has a fully fit Nkunku who has been a real standout this pre-season and must start? And Palmer who can definitely be used there if not on the right wing where we have Noni and Pedro Neto? As a left winger when we have Sterling/Mudryk who are going nowhere as of now?

Felix causes more headaches than he solves. Just as he did when he signed the first time round. Not consistent enough. Not got a defined position.

23 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yeah clearly wasn’t a thought at all but we are desperate to sell Gallagher. So its likely 90% more Clearlake, Stewart & Winstanley throw shit at the wall until it sticks scattergun approach without any genuine consideration for what we actually need.

Given Felix isn’t a CF or a CB also… what more proof do folk need? 

I mean I really doubt Maresca is even interested in him either, genuinely get the feeling he is a yes man, as a lot of these “head coach” types are.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Guiu has changed their minds. There's no other explanation for low-balling a contract offer after briefing the media all summer that the club is obsessed with Samu, that his data is the bomb and bidding multiple times for him.

Yeah, Guiu has really impressed me. Considering he is 18 he has really good strength and was bigger than I thought he would be. On top of that, because he came out of La Masia he has good technical ability (arguably very good for a CF.) His movements off the ball are also good in that he moves like a proper No.9 where is is either drawing people away from goal or makes his runs towards goal. 

The only issue I have had with him is how he snatches at things. A few times in preseason he went to lash it and sliced it when a little dink/side footer would've been better. Hopefully, that is just nerves and his inexperience. If so, he could become very decent imo. 

34 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Felix is a good footballer, great technique, no doubt. Under 40m is relatively cheap. Still we are absolutely loaded with attackers especially those who - like him - are all flair no end product. He is the exact opposite of what we need, exactly what he was last time we pondered that decision. He has failed wherever he has gone since leaving Portugal . Let altetico crash and burn , no need to bail them out just bc they can’t string two transfers together . The mere concept of switching from omorodian to Felix, two entirely different players and types of signings highlights again the absolute incompetence in our board and their completely random scattergun „strategy“ 

Well, I think the question is do you rather Felix or Samu in exchange for Gallagher? As it appears to be one or the other. Additionally, people need to remember Felix is still 24, the way some people go on you would think he is 29 or something. 

28 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I'm hoping Enzo has seen Sterling and Mudryk and thought "These two are shite"

Yeah, he seems to have realised the GK's weren't good enough as we went from not needing a GK, to needing a GK after one week of training. Hopefully the same will be true of Disaster.