Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Watching his performance against Egypt a number of days ago, he was invisible (the entire squad except one are either playing in the domestic league or Gulf). I understand judging players in isolation isn't ideal, as it could have been an "off day." By the same token, he did nothing in a game he should have really dominated, and there's a reason he's rarely featured for Spain in their run to the final.

£35m is certainly better than the rumoured fees a few weeks ago. However, if you look at it this way - Gallagher in exchange for him. Is that good business? 

Right now, I know who I'd rather have.

exactly

atletico pay the same amount for a player that played with england in this euro LOL

4 hours ago, Mário César said:

exactly

atletico pay the same amount for a player that played with england in this euro LOL

There was no market for Gallagher after he rejected Villa's offer. We are lucky to get 35m for him

7 hours ago, Mário César said:

we sold gallagher for similar amounts to what we bought samu for and we're going to sell chalobah for less

we're talking about two players with years of first division experience and we're signing a player who doesn't even have that experience for 35M

explain to me the logic of this

When its clear as day we are trying to push them out, why would clubs line up to pay a lot of money?

They're not so good that they'd start a bidding war.

9 hours ago, King Kante said:

Well it all depends. Does Samu have any technical ability or tactical ability? The biggest problem we've had with CF is going with physical skills and forgetting that unless a player has the correct skills they're going to flop hard. 

I will never forget having to tell people Lukaku was a Donkey and would be an absolute bust, but people weren't having it because he looked good in highlights and had decent stats in Italy. 

Jackson to be fair, actually started to show some good development last season, which is why a big defender of him when he fan base went after him. Guiu however, has shown that he has been able to do reasonably at all three so far so deserves a chance. Does Samu have enough technical/tactical skill as while I haven't seen him a lot of people are saying he is a bit of a lump which is a big concern for me. 

Their striker shortlist has largely thrown up physical beasts. Samu, Jhon Duran, Sesko, Gyokeres, Evan Ferguson. 

They are not as high on smaller players like Osimhen, Watkins, David, Alvarez

18 minutes ago, Strike said:

Their striker shortlist has largely thrown up physical beasts. Samu, Jhon Duran, Sesko, Gyokeres, Evan Ferguson. 

Osimhen small? Lol

10 hours ago, Pizy said:

Btw, what in the hell happened to this Kellyman dude we signed for silly money from Villa? Felt like we announced him and then he fell off the face of the earth never to be seen or heard from again. Haven’t heard anything about a loan or what his role is if he stays with us.

Injured crock as per normal, may see him sat on the bench at some point this season and out on loan come January

A transfer for legalities. 

1 minute ago, DH1988 said:

Zaha available for free apparently, what a waste of talent that chap.

Far too old and experienced for us, we are too busy visiting children's hospitals to find the next big talent

9 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Zaha available for free apparently, what a waste of talent that chap.

Would've been a better signing on a free than wasting the money on Kellyman and Shamu.

Edited by TheHulk

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Well that is problematic imo. If they're only focusing on strikers with that profile then it sounds like they don't understand how the system they want Enzo to play works. 

I will bet any money, they're probably thinking they need to get 'our Häland' without recognising that guy is a freak of nature and downplaying his ability to read attacking phases early. 

Everything at the club is an experiment players, coach nothing fits football logic like choosing the right profile of players to suit the coach because the coach will be yes man . The PR around Osimhen is over and we are getting another unknown player.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Osimhen is taller than Evan Ferguson and Duran. Only 1 cm shorter than Gyokeres. 

Do you even look up data before you post?

This board kills me at times. 😦😥🙄

Samu Omorodion for Conor Gallagher should be the final straw for Chelsea fans

https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-todd-boehly-out-omorodion-gallagher-final-straw-Chelsea-fans

F365-One-Badge-Todd-Boehly-Conor-Gallagh

Chelsea have swapped an academy star who captained the club he’s been at for the last 16 years in a season in which he played more football than any other player in the squad for an eight-goal striker that 95 per cent of the fans will never have heard of before the start of this transfer window, who we’re 95 per cent sure will join 95 per cent of the £1bn-worth of Clearlake signings thus far that have been a complete and utter waste of money.

Mr Boehly, Mr Eghbali, you can shove your pure-profit peddling, FFP-swerving amortisation tactics up your proverbials, we – or rather I – have had enough.

Two days after it was announced that Conor Gallagher would be joining Atletico Madrid for £36m, Chelsea agreed a £34.5m fee with the same club for Samu Omorodion. It is, to all intents and purposes, a swap deal. Omorodion has signed a seven-year deal and his transfer fee will be amortised (split) over five years, while Gallagher’s sale will appear as immediate pure profit. Financially, it makes sense. But that’s where the logic to these transfers begins and ends.

Gallagher was the heart, soul and lungs of Chelsea last season. Cole Palmer stole the headlines but Gallagher stole possession to make his feats of absurd quality possible. Moises Caicedo was twice the player with Gallagher alongside him and the fans really took to him and his unparalleled exuberance, particularly in those dark early months of the campaign when he was just about the only shining light. With the Cobham lad storming around the pitch Chelsea still felt – just about – like Chelsea.

In May, on the back of reports linking Tottenham with Gallagher, the fans unfurled a banner of his face with ‘Chelsea since birth’ emblazoned above it, which was ironically also the phrase underlined above a list of names in Todd Boehly’s office, with eight players – including Mason Mount, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Lewis Hall and Ian Maatsen – already crossed out.

Had Gallagher been signed last summer the insulting two years he was reportedly offered in a contract to remain at Stamford Bridge would have been tacked on to an existing eight-year deal. Imagine the delight in Enzo Fernandez producing anything like Gallagher’s performances. The only reason he’s being sold is because he’s been at ‘Chelsea since birth’.

Enzo Maresca says the rules are to blame.

“This is not Chelsea’s problem. This is the rules problem. The clubs are compelled to sell players because of the rules. It’s not a Chelsea problem, it is a Premier League problem. The intention from Chelsea is not to sell – but the rules in the end make us. I love that [Franceso] Totti was at Roma for 20 years and a one-club man. I love that, we all love that. It’s the rules. My personal opinion is it’s a shame because we all like to see a one-club man. If we want to promote academy players – yes, change the rule.”

Any rule that sees a club benefit far more from selling academy players than anyone else is daft. We can all agree on that. But this is also definitely a Chelsea problem. The Rules didn’t force them to spend £1.2bn on players and managerial pay-offs. They knew The Rules when they were spending that money and have always been aware of the cost of those failed investments, but they pay no mind to the feelings of the fans and the academy products those fans are intrinsically linked to.

It makes you wonder what their limit is. Just how much potential or talent does an academy product have to have before they’re considered unsellable? Would Chelsea currently be considering offers for Reece James if he hadn’t been injured for so much of last season? Real Madrid want a right-back. It’s hard to imagine them turning their noses up at £60m if it was put on the table right now.

Chelsea fans shouldn’t be waiting for that moment to come, because it will. The owners will currently feel as though they’re getting away with it. They’ve taken the Champions League winners to the Europa Conference League having bankrolled the signing of Palmer and a bunch of also-rans by selling the majority of the first-team players who truly know what the club means, and they’ve barely faced any backlash.

Clearly not enough for them to divert from The Project anyway, as the signing of Omorodion exemplifies on the back of fellow unknown quantities Marc Guiu, Omari Kellyman, Renato Veiga and Caleb Wiley also joining this summer. Who the bloody hell are they, you ask? Absolutely no idea.

Some might come good. Most won’t. And apparently they’re fine with that. I’m not though, and neither should other Chelsea fans, when the owners’ only way of realising their failing policy is to get rid of the players that keep Chelsea feeling like Chelsea, rather than what it is now becomgin: some franchised American play-thing whose roots are being periodically ripped out in the guise of progress that we’ve seen no sign of and shouldn’t accept anyway when it comes at such a cost.

Edited by Vesper

41 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Osimhen is taller than Evan Ferguson and Duran. Only 1 cm shorter than Gyokeres. 

Do you even look up data before you post?

This board kills me at times. 😦😥🙄

He is talking about physical build not height I think.

Edited by TheHulk