Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

We will miss silvas presence and experience. Can’t imagine the club without him atm even tho our back line is more mobile and can push higher without him .

sterling has been inconsistent af and really frustrating. Given he is our highest earner and was supposed to take responsibility as the main man in attack it is sensible to move him on. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

We will miss silvas presence and experience. Can’t imagine the club without him atm even tho our back line is more mobile and can push higher without him .

sterling has been inconsistent af and really frustrating. Given he is our highest earner and was supposed to take responsibility as the main man in attack it is sensible to move him on. 

I can imagine and there was evidence of it in the last week vs Villa. 

Unfortunately age has finally caught up with him. 

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Silva and Sterling need to be replaced with genuine quality/experience. 

Silva can still do some perfectly timed-crazy tackle-interception, but watching him slowing down everytime we try to progress the ball from our half is so frustrating

For me guys like Petrovic, Gusto, Enzo, Conor, Nkunku and Palmer are pretty much sure starters next season.

Nkunku did not play a lot but we know he is the real deal. Conor was missing goals but now he delivers that as well. Tho in a team with high scoring front 3 like Liverpool that would not be a problem.

Palmer is RW and only RW dont know why some people think different. Finding a perfect spot for Nkunku will be a problem tho. 

People think high scoring number nine would solve our problems but in case of Bayern for example you see they were winning the league with Choupo Moting but most likely not with Kane. City were also winning leagues easier without Haaland.

I dont think we have any quality player to play LW. LB is big problem as well. Not sure about CBs. All question marks. Fofana, Disasi, Badi and Colwill all can be trash or top class, time will tell so I guess we need to be patient and careful there.

With Silva gone we should get one more experienced one. I think Lavia will take a place for Caicedo in starting 11 and we are set in MF anyway. All young players, also need time.

I believe next season will also be transitional (3rd in a row and final) and it would be great to play Europa League. Conference in too weak and CL maybe still too much for us. In EL we would possibly get 15 European games with solid opponents and this is what our young squad needs. Plus money for the club. We are 2 points from 7th place so this should be our main goal. 

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

People think high scoring number nine would solve our problems but in case of Bayern for example you see they were winning the league with Choupo Moting but most likely not with Kane. City were also winning leagues easier without Haaland.

Citeh had Aguero for years, and Jesus scoring at crazy per minute played rates.

And Bayern had Lewa for ages.

Last season, with no Lewa, they never should have won. Dortmund choked.

This season, Neverkusen is the best non big 2 (Bayern/Dortmund) German side since those early noughties Neverkusen great sides.

Shout out to 2008/09 Wolfsburg.

Great one season wonder. Won the league (first ever title) with 

Rank    Player    Club    Goals
1    Brazil Grafite    VfL Wolfsburg    28
2    Bosnia and Herzegovina Edin Džeko    VfL Wolfsburg    26

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Citeh had Aguero for years, and Jesus scoring at crazy per minute played rates.

And Bayern had Lewa for ages.

Last season, with no Lewa, they never should have won. Dortmund choked.

This season, Neverkusen is the best non big 2 (Bayern/Dortmund) German side since those early noughties Neverkusen great sides.

Shout out to 2008/09 Wolfsburg.

Great one season wonder. Won the league (first ever title) with 

Rank    Player    Club    Goals
1    Brazil Grafite    VfL Wolfsburg    28
2    Bosnia and Herzegovina Edin Džeko    VfL Wolfsburg    26

And Auguero was often either nursing injuries, or coming back from a long period of inactivity.

heh Grafitte was a pretty lousy player. Played like shit for Brazil, which wasn't his fault -- had no business being there.

2 minutes ago, whats happening said:

who the fuck is even buying sterling. saudis are our only chance.

Need a replacement first.

IMO this roster will not fight for top 4 ever. Does not matter manager and whatnot. Players aren't good enough.

Edited by robsblubot

2 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

And Auguero was often either nursing injuries, or coming back from a long period of inactivity.

heh Grafitte was a pretty lousy player. Played like shit for Brazil, which wasn't his fault -- had no business being there.

28 league goals and the title that season in 2008/09.

Those two 2020/21 and 2021/22 citeh tile winners were freak exceptions, due to sheer overlaod of talent and Pep.

They had 7 players score 10 or more goals each in both seasons.

Their best League team, in 2017/2018, the 100 point side with 106 goals and a +79 GD, had Aguero firing them in for fun when he played (30 goals in 39 games, comps) 21 in 25 in the EPL

43 minutes ago, Vesper said:

28 league goals and the title that season in 2008/09.

Those two 2020/21 and 2021/22 citeh tile winners were freak exceptions, due to sheer overlaod of talent and Pep.

They had 7 players score 10 or more goals each in both seasons.

Their best League team, in 2017/2018, the 100 point side with 106 goals and a +79 GD, had Aguero firing them in for fun when he played (30 goals in 39 games, comps) 21 in 25 in the EPL

Yeah I saw the 28 in the first post and actually remember his goal tally then, which was the reason he was called up.

Scoring a bunch of goals is never enough to get a call up for Brazil esp in Bundesliga. Unless the Brazil team happens to be shit, which was the case when Graffiti played. Gtafitti wasn't a very good player, but granted, he did well at club level.

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

streets won't forget prime Grafite

16 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

For me guys like Petrovic, Gusto, Enzo, Conor, Nkunku and Palmer are pretty much sure starters next season.

Nkunku did not play a lot but we know he is the real deal. Conor was missing goals but now he delivers that as well. Tho in a team with high scoring front 3 like Liverpool that would not be a problem.

Palmer is RW and only RW dont know why some people think different. Finding a perfect spot for Nkunku will be a problem tho. 

I dont think we have any quality player to play LW. LB is big problem as well. Not sure about CBs. All question marks. Fofana, Disasi, Badi and Colwill all can be trash or top class, time will tell so I guess we need to be patient and careful there.

With Silva gone we should get one more experienced one. I think Lavia will take a place for Caicedo in starting 11 and we are set in MF anyway. All young players, also need time.

I believe next season will also be transitional (3rd in a row and final) and it would be great to play Europa League. Conference in too weak and CL maybe still too much for us. In EL we would possibly get 15 European games with solid opponents and this is what our young squad needs. Plus money for the club. We are 2 points from 7th place so this should be our main goal. 

Good post but I disagree on two counts

Kane or the false nine question in general is not the reason Bayern are trailing Leverkusen. In fact Bayern have significantly more points and goals than last season at this stage and are guaranteed to finish with way more points overall as well. It’s just Leverkusen who are absurdly good atm. False 9 is a decent outlet when you have high scoring attacking mids or wingers who also can work with tight spaces in the middle like Real but we are the opposite so I think we would profit from a proper no 9, a natural finisher 

Palmer is clearly a no 10. A born playmaker. He does not have the pace and trickery to be a winger at all but his main strength is his cool head, vision and play making ability .