Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I just think it was pretty poor squad planning to let 200+ games of experience walk out the door for minimal transfer fees and then put 200+ million into 2 talented but very young midfielders without any experience around them. 

I feel bad for both Caicedo and Enzo as they'll never live up to the price tags that were paid for them.   When you spend 100+ million on a mid, you're expecting goals or assists or something special every single game (like a Hazard or Bellingham or even at a stretch a motivated Pogba). 

It wasn't minimal transfer fees though. We were lucky to get 150 m for Havertz (65), Mount (55m when contract was running out), Koulibaly (17m) , Mendy (16m)

If you add in Kovacic, CHO, Pulisic and RLC, the club raised 200m in sales. 

8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He isn't it. 

I remember someone warned us about his average defending and lack of pace. 

we dont know if he's it or isnt.

love how we never learn from our mistakes, or others mistakes.

later when he owns in another team we will wonder how did that happen and how our board is clueless.

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

we dont know if he's it or isnt.

love how we never learn from our mistakes, or others mistakes.

later when he owns in another team we will wonder how did that happen and how our board is clueless.

We've been saying this with every player we sold and we've never regretted it. 

Good squad player but not someone I'd want starting week in week out. 

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

love how we gave up on disasi after 6 months 🙄

I have no problem with Disasi in the club.  Plays a variety of positions and at least has some heart it would appear.  We've spent 3x the money on other players who surely aren't giving us 3x the performances. 

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Have to say.. I really like the look of Antonio Silva... he looks like a proper good old fashioned CB who gets the job done. None of this ball progressing shite who can't defend to save their Iives.

Considering we have so much problem with playing from the back with Colwill, Silva/Badi/Disasi then ball progressing CB is really needed.

7 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

Considering we have so much problem with playing from the back with Colwill, Silva/Badi/Disasi then ball progressing CB is really needed.

I can't help wonder if the lack of team coherence, when I comes to playing out from the back or even breaking down low block defences, has more to do with the quality of coaching rather than quality of players. 

We're very quick to write off the players, but problem could be the instructions that they're getting. A good manager makes the team greater than the sum of it's parts.

28 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

Although that is true we also need defenders who can defend and put their full blooded heart into every defensive action they make. We need leaders . This Silva looks like one.

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

Although that is true we also need defenders who can defend and put their full blooded heart into every defensive action they make. We need leaders . This Silva looks like one.

Obviously it's true - currently we have defenders who can't play from the back and can't defend.

25 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

Obviously it's true - currently we have defenders who can't play from the back and can't defend.

Obviously that is not true. Badiashille and Colwill can both play out from the back. T.Silva also.