Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Thor said:

This forum is pure dross. 

Same people wanting the next new shiny toy - after saying the previous shiny toy would answer our problems and get us back into top 4. 

Most of you are spoiled brats who don't want to give anything time to breathe and settle. We're oozing with talent that needs time to band together and gel. Our key players have been riddled with injuries this season, and we have a near completely new team.

We'll just sign more players, y'all will act like the management team is finally doing something, then claim that player is shit - just like you guys have with every player we've signed.

Its pure, pure dross on here. Some of you deal with a bit of adversity like peasants. 

:nopity:

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

:nopity:

I'm rocking out with my cock out. It is some of y'all playing these sad tunes acting like the world is over

This is exciting for me. We have young talent, we are playing better football - and we just outplayed every team in the typical "top 4" talks in our stretch of games. Then we lose some winnable ones. Signs of a young team that just need to grow and add a bit of experience. 

Let's be honest there are a couple of players that we were conned by the selling clubs Brighton in particular. Cucerella is super shit while Caceido is decent but never worth that amount, couple of other clubs also scammed us. I'm not sure on what principles we decide to buy players or pay so much for them.

17 minutes ago, Bluepower777 said:

Let's be honest there are a couple of players that we were conned by the selling clubs Brighton in particular. Cucerella is super shit while Caceido is decent but never worth that amount, couple of other clubs also scammed us. I'm not sure on what principles we decide to buy players or pay so much for them.

The thing about Caicedo - you can't really blame him. He is super young. If anything fingers need to be pointed by the recruiting team that shelved a huge amount for just one player.

Both Enzo and Caicedo are among the youngest in the squad and are entrusted with the most critical roles on the pitch, in central midfield. If either of them are off their game, the team is punished for it.

Can they grow by just learning from each other, and with no experienced head in central midfield to learn from? I don't know.

And if they don't, they are just going to be chastised for it.

And say one of them eventually improves, are they going to stick around in a team that doesn't challenge for anything?

The club could become just a feeder for another team that does.

15 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

And say one of them eventually improves, are they going to stick around in a team that doesn't challenge for anything?

The club could become just a feeder for another team that does.

this is the danger. I don't think we have a terrible squad and I do think some of the players are quality - Enzo, Palmer, Colwill, Reece - but I can see the good ones angling for a move if we continue to stockpile youngsters 

The owners deserved the criticism they have received for the recruitment so far. But I have to give them credit, they are not shy about signing checks to go after who they want. Biggest overall signing in sports history for the Dodgers. How many owners would pull the trigger on that deal? There is no way that says chasing profit: That is chasing titles.

4 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

The owners deserved the criticism they have received for the recruitment so far. But I have to give them credit, they are not shy about signing checks to go after who they want. Biggest overall signing in sports history for the Dodgers. How many owners would pull the trigger on that deal? There is no way that says chasing profit: That is chasing titles.

Titles? Nah they probably just have financial domination fetish 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

in the Dodgers case they are deffo chasing titles

I was obviously kidding. I don’t doubt they are successful franchise owners in US sports. But they are out of their depth in football and still think throwing money at average 20 yos will solve their problems here. It does not matter. Unless we start acquiring  actual proven quality we will decline further as a club 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

I was obviously kidding. I don’t doubt they are successful franchise owners in US sports. But they are out of their depth in football and still think throwing money at average 20 yos will solve their problems here. It does not matter. Unless we start acquiring  actual proven quality we will decline further as a club 

oh, I agree

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

One of the worst things these guys can experience is success in a risky plan. They hit lightening after buying the Dodgers in going out and buying the best young kids that delivered in a few years. They still think it will come good at Chelsea. 

49 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We need a LB. 

Nuno Mendes
Alphonso Davies

Theo Hernández
Federico Dimarco 

José Gayà  

Rayan Aït-Nouri 
Quilindschy Hartman   
Milos Kerkez
Miguel Gutiérrez   
Borna Sosa   

2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

One of the worst things these guys can experience is success in a risky plan. They hit lightening after buying the Dodgers in going out and buying the best young kids that delivered in a few years. They still think it will come good at Chelsea. 

Probably works better in baseball, because with a better pitcher and better hitter playing on the field, your team can simply outplay the opposition all day long.

Doesn't work that way in football which requires far more team chemistry and tactical know-how. The players individual stats won't count as much here.

Again, because of their arrogance, they thought they knew better and proceeded to chop/change too quickly.

Edited by Blue Armour

1 hour ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Remember the days when we bought Fabregas and Diego Costa because they were good and not because they're prospects... I miss those days...

No problem with bringing prospects but least bring top prospects. Who the fuck approved to sign guys like Noni and Mudryk.