Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Malo Gusto has not had the impact as the others. 

Now that I'm thinking I'm analyzing who we sold this summer and who we replace. 

We got rid of Mount and Kai. I would think Palmer took the spot of Mount and in that case amazing upgrade. 

Kai I'm not sure who would take his spot, Nkunku? Because of Nkunku injury we would leave this as mute for now. 

And Jackson we had not striker so he really takes no one spot....well we did had Lukaku and Werner, so I assumer he takes one of those spot. For Lukaku awesome upgrade, for Werner.....I still love Werner despite not being a great hit. So I will put it as an upgrade for Lukaku. 

Who else we sold to upgrade their position? 

As I start to think we have done amazing in term of buys. Cucu even though improve I would still sell, not sold on him. Good he is doing fine, so we can get teams interested in him. Maatsen disappointed in him, I guess he would be sold this January. And Madueke so far he has been underwhelming. Not sure if he would amount to something great. Chalobah another one to go if any teams will take him, and Fofana, what a pity. 

959060ac33fab5be88d049d0da574719.png

https://football-observatory.com/WeeklyPost439

Issue number 439 of the CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post presents the 100 players in the world with the best statistics in terms of chance creation during the current season, according to an index developed from Wyscout data. At the top of the list is Paris St-Germain’s winger Ousmane Dembélé. The Frenchman outranks Leroy Sané (Bayern Munich) et Nico Williams (Athletic Club).

Killian Mbappé (PSG) and Moussa Diaby (Aston Villa) also are in the top 5, while Federico Dimarco (Inter) and Kieran Trippier (Newcastle) are the top-ranked defensive players. The top three footballers who have not yet turned 21 are Florian Wirtz (Bayer Leverkusen), Johan Bakayoko (PSV Eindhoven) and Ilya Kvasnytsya (Rukh Lviv).

A total of 33 leagues are represented in the top 100, with a maximum of 16 players from the English Premier League, where Moussa Diaby (Aston Villa) is ahead of Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) and Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United). The top three in the second most-represented league, the Italian Serie A (nine players), are Federico Dimarco (Inter), Domenico Berardi (Sassuolo) and Felipe Anderson (Lazio).

The creation index is calculated by adding the number of key passes (for chances) and expected assists (depending on the dangerousness of the chances created) per 90', and weighting the result by the sporting level of the matches played (as a percentage difference from the overall average). Only footballers who have played at least 630 domestic league minutes for the same team during the current season are considered.

Best players worldwide: creation Index

Domestic league matches, current season, at least 630 minutes players until 13/11/2023. Data:Wyscout.

8f9833a6001cc54619731925f78182d2.png18fcfed3cb5dcb6f2d0d861050f0423a.png680fc3ec172ac182fd7b8b95080e648b.pnge258ae21fd7aaf4223fa62b3ade2711f.png661240adfaf208bdb63710e633cbc41b.png

Edited by Vesper

On 14/11/2023 at 23:49, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Could we take a break from Tony Bloom please.

Hes going to be top notch irrespective of where he goes, how much he goes for, when he goes. I am surprised United didn’t get him in the summer instead of Hojlund. Probably if it were summer 2024 and they wanted a CF, they would of. 

We have a long standing interest since before the pre-season game v Bohemians IIRC (2018 or 2019?) where he made his first appearance age 14. We tried to get him over before Brighton got him.

Personally think he is probably better than Jackson in terms of being a more natural CF but no point stockpiling another young player who needs regular minutes.

I mean it would be typical if we neglected signing a more established, experienced CF again for another prospect as this seems to be our mantra at the moment.

As mentioned in the board thread and previously before, the sporting director boys, their head’s should roll come the summer irrespective of where we finish as they have made poor decision after decision since being involved in recruitment since January be it prices we’ve paid, who we’ve signed or the obvious not signing players of a certain experience/proven quality. The likes of Madueke, Mudryk, Ugo, Lavia, Santos…. money that should of been better spent elsewhere or more on quality. Then theres the Emma Hayes situation on the womens side. They’ve not put up any trees and irrespective of where we finish they need to be the first ones cleared out for me as we cannot afford another window or two of wasting huge sums on poor signings and stockpiling positions we don’t need too many bodies in. 

I mean look at Villa, how is it that they somehow can have one of the most competent directors of football out there such as Monchi whilst we have 2 clowns intent on turning us into Ajax or Monaco? I hope we throw bags and bags of money at Michael Edwards in the summer. 

Some of you may be interested in this!

An evening with Fabrizio Romano @ Eventim Apollo London on Monday 11th Decemeber 23.

Could be sharing some interesting insight into some of our transfer sagas.

an-evening-with-fabrizio-romano-tickets_12-11-23_17_65422b2fc0970.jpg

Edited by DDA

9 hours ago, Tomo said:

I wish I bookmarked the bizarre meltdowns when Poch rightly decided against signing him permanently.

Yep.

Severely overrated. Nobody knows his best position. No real consistency the past 3 or 4 years. No real end product.

Atletico are stuck with him as nobody is buying him for 70/80m. They paid 120m him too, insane. He will likely be loaned again as Barca won’t have the capital to pay that fee and Simeone doesn’t want him there at all.

Not like Felix was killing it in Atleti in the first place, so I wonder what's the "concern", since they've loaned him out to rebuild. Never really lived up to that crazy pricetag and the absolute goat of wonderkid ever hype, not the first one, not last one, seemingly very likeable guy though. 

6 hours ago, Vegetable said:

Not like Felix was killing it in Atleti in the first place, so I wonder what's the "concern", since they've loaned him out to rebuild. Never really lived up to that crazy pricetag and the absolute goat of wonderkid ever hype, not the first one, not last one, seemingly very likeable guy though. 

I wonder if a Mudryk for Fleix straight swap would work>? 

1 hour ago, Thor said:

I wonder if a Mudryk for Fleix straight swap would work>? 

Can we not just have neither Mudryk or Felix in the squad? Both not worth the cash we have paid/will have to pay. Or particularly good.

Edited by OneMoSalah

21 minutes ago, Strike said:

Federico Chiesa is an option to replace Madueke in the summer. He's getting back to full fitness and looks good again. Contract only till 25

He's definitely lost the edge that a few years ago he had, what a player he could have been.

Promising Chelsea star who has played nine times this season keen on Man City move

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2023/11/23/promising-Chelsea-star-who-has-played-nine-times-this-season-keen-on-man-city-move/

fulham-fc-v-chelsea-fc-premier-league.jpg

Chelsea full-back Ian Maatsen is believed to be very keen on a potential move to Premier League champions Man City. 

The Manchester club have been heavily linked to the young defender as left-back is an area in the City squad that is not rich with natural talent in that role.

Maatsen enjoyed a successful loan spell at Burnley last season as they were promoted back to the Premier League but has failed to break into the Chelsea starting 11 this season under Mauricio Pochettino.

The Dutch star has played nine times for the Blues this season, with only two being starts, and it is clear that he is down the pecking order in London, therefore, a move would benefit his career and development.

chelsea-wimbledon-maatsen.jpg

According to Football Insider, Maatsen is keen on a move to Man City as he is believed to want to play more regularly.

It is uncertain if this is the right move for the 21-year-old if this is his goal but the player must see an opportunity as Pep Guardiola currently plays left-footed central defenders in that role.

Chelsea recently extended the full-back’s deal until June 2025 to ensure that they don’t lose him for free and that may pay off as Maatsen is drawing interest ahead of the January transfer window.

Edited by Vesper

Giorgio Scalvini has admitted that he watched AC Milan when he was growing up as a kid and that Thiago Silva became his idol because of his time with the Rossoneri.

https://sempremilan.com/atalanta-star-scalvini-milan-idol

download.jpg

Scalvini spoke on the Chiamarsi Bomber YouTube channel and he answered a question about who his role model is, to which he responded by naming the Brazilian.

“Since I was a child I have followed Thiago Silva, at Milan he was my idol and source of inspiration for his character, charisma and sense of leadership. I also admired the Brazilian in France and now at Chelsea, I have always liked him a lot as a defender.”

It was actually reported in Spain that Milan have set their sights on Scalvini of Atalanta and he is considered a main target in the 2024 summer transfer window.

At 19 years old, Scalvini has been one of the most impressive young defenders in the league and the feeling is that the time might soon come to leave Atalanta.

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

Promising Chelsea star who has played nine times this season keen on Man City move

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2023/11/23/promising-Chelsea-star-who-has-played-nine-times-this-season-keen-on-man-city-move/

fulham-fc-v-chelsea-fc-premier-league.jpg

Chelsea full-back Ian Maatsen is believed to be very keen on a potential move to Premier League champions Man City. 

The Manchester club have been heavily linked to the young defender as left-back is an area in the City squad that is not rich with natural talent in that role.

Maatsen enjoyed a successful loan spell at Burnley last season as they were promoted back to the Premier League but has failed to break into the Chelsea starting 11 this season under Mauricio Pochettino.

The Dutch star has played nine times for the Blues this season, with only two being starts, and it is clear that he is down the pecking order in London, therefore, a move would benefit his career and development.

chelsea-wimbledon-maatsen.jpg

According to Football Insider, Maatsen is keen on a move to Man City as he is believed to want to play more regularly.

It is uncertain if this is the right move for the 21-year-old if this is his goal but the player must see an opportunity as Pep Guardiola currently plays left-footed central defenders in that role.

Chelsea recently extended the full-back’s deal until June 2025 to ensure that they don’t lose him for free and that may pay off as Maatsen is drawing interest ahead of the January transfer window.

Will never play there.

Who does he think he is? I mean he can’t even get into our team as a LB what chance has he got at City. Particularly where Gvardiol is like the perfect blend of left sided CB & left sided full back for them based on what Pep did last season with his tactics and set up? 🤣

Edited by OneMoSalah