Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Do they not also own standard liege? There things gone from bad to worse..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/777_Partners

777 Partners is an American private investment company based in Miami. Founded in 2015, it has acquired several soccer teams such as Genoa C.F.C. in Italy, Standard Liège in Belgium, Red Star F.C. in France, CR Vasco da Gama in Brazil, Hertha BSC in Germany and Everton FC in England. It has minority shareholdings in Sevilla FC in Spain and Melbourne Victory FC in Australia. The company owns the London Lions basketball team. The company also owns the low-cost carriers Flair Airlines in Canada and Bonza in Australia.

13 minutes ago, gdlk said:

Yeah but hes overrated acording to most ppl here.. 

Most are concerned about his injury record and sky high salary combination. He can obviously score goals. Just don't think many are convinced we should buy another really expensive player on huge wages with a persistent injury problem.

I was on the fence about it all summer but was up for it if Juve would offer a fair deal. Don't think they ever did.

3 hours ago, Mhsc said:

Most are concerned about his injury record and sky high salary combination. He can obviously score goals. Just don't think many are convinced we should buy another really expensive player on huge wages with a persistent injury problem.

I was on the fence about it all summer but was up for it if Juve would offer a fair deal. Don't think they ever did.

I am in the same camp

18 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Different team same result, frustrating..

only difference maybe, this team still has some progression in it..

It had better have 😂

There is no way we spent £1bn on a team for purely long term progression though - there has to be some short term and medium term progress. 

On 18/06/2023 at 21:36, NikkiCFC said:

My concern is where are goals coming from? This is our biggest concern last couple of years but I really think next season it could be even worse. I mean, everything suggest this is going to happen.

Season 20/21 our top 10 goalscorers:

Werner 12

Abraham 12

Giroud 11

Mount 9

Havertz 9

Jorginho 8

Ziyech 6

Pulisic 6

Zouma and CHO 5 all will be gone.

Season 21/22:

Lukaku 15, Havertz 14, Mount 13, Werner 11, Jorginho 9,  Ziyech 8, Pulisic 8. Again all top7 scorers gone. And it is interesting how we always sell our best goalscorers.

This season it was Havertz with just 9. Yes, non of them was very good we all know that but what is left for next season?

Jackson, Broja, Fofana - 3 unproven youngsters. Madueke and Mudryk showed nothing yet that they can be reliable and Sterling is on decline last couple of years. I dont see double digits player there.

This is our strikers and wingers. Nkunku is big hope but even if he performs well it will not be enough for sure. We are pretty much betting on a lot of unproven kids.

Who saw this coming...

7 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Who saw this coming...

we have the best scoring combi AMF/SS on the planet over the past 2 years but he is fucked with injuries

so many of our players are fucked with injuries

its a potential multiseason-shattering epidemic

plus insanely expensive and injurious to FFP as we have to eat massive perma damaged buys and replace them

The only names I want to see as main targets (if we are going after these positions. some of which are VITAL)

I am listing almost no youth/inexperienced players

GK

Diogo Costa
Jan Oblak  

Left Footed CB 

Right Footed CB

António Silva
Bremer 
Jean-Clair Todibo
Mohamed Simakan

LB

Alphonso Davies
Nuno Mendes

RB?

Achraf Hakimi (only IF Reece leaves for RM)

DMF? (doubtful we make a move for one, other than the 17yo, soon 18yo Gabriel Moscardo )

Aurélien Tchouaméni

CMF

AMF

Jamal Musiala 
Florian Wirtz

Lucas Paquetá 
Xavi Simons  

Winger

Kylian Mbappé  (LOLOLOL)  
Vinicius Junior   (only way this EVER could ('could' meaning 2 or 3% chance) work is Real Madrid  get Mbappe as LW (Mcappe hates CF and RW, same as Vini does) and we use Reece as partial payment to RM for Vini, BUT Vini likely would say fuck no to us)
Rodrygo (also a pipe dream)
Rafael Leão
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia

SS

CF

Victor Osimhen
Lautaro Martínez
Dusan Vlahovic
Jonathan David

Ivan Toney (£70m is too much IMHO)   
Evan Ferguson (I want to see his full season play)

Edited by Vesper

Chelsea leading the race to sign Gabriel Moscardo

https://football-talk.co.uk/192270/Chelsea-leading-the-race-to-sign-gabriel-moscardo/

According to Brazilian journalist Jorge Nicola, Chelsea are the only club that have made an approach to sign Corinthians wonderkid Gabriel Moscardo

€28 milhões", Gabriel Moscardo já tem investida milionária para sair do  Corinthians

The London giants recently made a £21.5 million bid to sign the Brazilian teenager, but it was not sufficient to convince Corinthians. The Serie A outfit are looking for a higher fee for their prized asset, but there are currently no offers from other European clubs, as per Nicola.

Barcelona have been linked with the youngster in recent weeks, but Nicola has clarified that is only speculation through the media. As a result, Chelsea are still leading the race to sign Moscardo, who is anticipated to leave Corinthians in January. He will turn 18 later this month.

Moscardo made his first-team debut for Corinthians earlier this summer and he has already made a huge impression. The teenager is a defensive midfielder and he has caught the eye with his tackling, ball recoveries and ability to win ground and aerial duels. He also likes to dribble.

Chelsea currently have several exciting young midfielders in the squad in Enzo Fernandez, Moises Caicedo, Romeo Lavia and Lesley Ugochukwu, but they could be looking into the long-term with Moscardo. He is only 17 and has the potential to become an elite midfielder.

The Blues could make a fresh approach for him ahead of the New Year, and we won’t be surprised if Corinthians are tempted to sell. With the huge talent already in the first-team squad, Chelsea are more likely to send Moscardo on loan for him to continue his development.

Manchester City have also been credited with an interest in the wonderkid, but they are looking to sign him for their sister club Bahia. Mauricio Pochettino’s side currently don’t face any realistic competition for Moscardo, but they can’t take it for granted and must move quickly to seal a deal.

Chelsea Target Antonio Nusa Shines As Super Sub For Club Brugge In 6-Goal Thriller

https://sportinglife.ng/Chelsea-target-nusa-shines-as-super-sub-for-club-brugge-in-6-goal-thriller/

Antonio-Nusa.jpg

Real Madrid and Chelsea target Antonio Nusa came off the bench to help Club Brugge win 4-2 against Charleroi in continuation of the Belgian Jupiler Pro League.

Nusa scored and also provided an assist against a resolute Charleroi with another sub, Ferran Jutgla, also getting a goal against the visitors.

Eighteen-year-old winger Nusa, whose father is Nigerian, has now scored two goals and delivered two assists this season.

Coach Ronny Deila praised his subs for saving the day for Club Brugge.

“It was a tough day, but it was important to get the win,” admitted Deila.

“We have a bench that can make the difference and today the substitutes did it.

“I am very satisfied with that.”

Club Brugge thus climbed to the top of the standings with 13 points from six matches.

Ffs what is with the constant links again to kids. The window just shut and we are linked to some Brazilian kid. We will be the most expensive version of Shakhtar/Ajax/Leipzig in footballing history at this rate. Absolutely pathetic strategy. Even Nusa. Fuck me. 3 transfer windows, £1bn & gone so far backwards it’s laughable.

If the plan is going to be more u21s as opposed to some more ready made dependable players, we should sack those 2 co sporting directors before its far too late.

Edited by OneMoSalah

39 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Ffs what is with the constant links again to kids. The window just shut and we are linked to some Brazilian kid. We will be the most expensive version of Shakhtar/Ajax/Leipzig in footballing history at this rate. Absolutely pathetic strategy. Even Nusa. Fuck me. 3 transfer windows, £1bn & gone so far backwards it’s laughable.

If the plan is going to be more u21s as opposed to some more ready made dependable players, we should sack those 2 co sporting directors before its far too late.

I do wonder how this sporting director setup actually works. 

Surely there is someone in that group with previous experience at a top club who would push for experienced players (i.e. players in that 25-28 age group) to be signed to help these youngsters. 

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

The only names I want to see as main targets (if we are going after these positions. some of which are VITAL)

I am listing almost no youth/inexperienced players

GK

Diogo Costa
Jan Oblak  

Left Footed CB 

Right Footed CB

António Silva
Bremer 
Jean-Clair Todibo
Mohamed Simakan   '

LB

Alphonso Davies
Nuno Mendes

RB?

Achraf Hakimi (only IF Reece leaves for RM)

DMF? (doubtful we make a move for one, other than the 17yo, soon 18yo Gabriel Moscardo )

Aurélien Tchouaméni

CMF

AMF

Jamal Musiala 
Florian Wirtz

Lucas Paquetá 
Xavi Simons  

Winger

Kylian Mbappé  (LOLOLOL)  
Vinicius Junior   (only way this EVER could ('could' meaning 2 or 3% chance) work is Real Madrid  get Mbappe as LW (Mcappe hates CF and RW, same as Vini does) and we use Reece as partial payment to RM for Vini, BUT Vini likely would say fuck no to us)
Rodrygo (also a pipe dream)
Rafael Leão
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia

SS

CF

Victor Osimhen
Lautaro Martínez
Dusan Vlahovic
Jonathan David

Ivan Toney (£70m is too much IMHO)   
Evan Ferguson (I want to see his full season play)

Antonio Silva isn’t young/inexperienced although he has less than 60 club games to his career to date? 

Then Xavi Simons again who has 1 full season of first team football? In Holland?

Even Wirtz is debatable, and after the Havertz signing, would avoid him. Muisala is the real deal but will never ever happen anytime soon.

Our next few key signings needs to be guys with 150-200 games in the tank. Easy.

2 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I do wonder how this sporting director setup actually works. 

Surely there is someone in that group with previous experience at a top club who would push for experienced players (i.e. players in that 25-28 age group) to be signed to help these youngsters. 

You’d hope so but bringing in these pair who are predominantly used to working for development clubs such as Brighton & Monaco, I don’t think that will fit their remit. The manager needs to have an input though - was Poch strong enough to say no to the likes of Lavia or Palmer, who were 100% more club driven signings and request we pursued more proven players just passed and at CF? No he wasn’t. So I am hoping he will be a bit kore insistent come the next windows as Palmer and Lavia whilst may be good long term, weren’t urgent needs, more so when you consider we sold/let go of better players in their positions.

Edited by OneMoSalah

12 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Antonio Silva isn’t young/inexperienced although he has less than 60 club games to his career to date? 

Then Xavi Simons again who has 1 full season of first team football? In Holland?

Even Wirtz is debatable, and after the Havertz signing, would avoid him. Muisala is the real deal but will never ever happen anytime soon.

Our next few key signings needs to be guys with 150-200 games in the tank. Easy.

You’d hope so but bringing in these pair who are predominantly used to working for development clubs such as Brighton & Monaco, I don’t think that will fit their remit. The manager needs to have an input though - was Poch strong enough to say no to the likes of Lavia or Palmer, who were 100% more club driven signings and request we pursued more proven players just passed and at CF? No he wasn’t. So I am hoping he will be a bit kore insistent come the next windows as Palmer and Lavia whilst may be good long term, weren’t urgent needs, more so when you consider we sold/let go of better players in their positions.

For me personally I just don't get where the Palmer signing came from on like the last day of the transfer window...surely the priority would have been to get that experienced attacker to come in and play alongside Sterling/Jackson/whoever else we plan on throwing up front until Nkunku recovers. 

It's just a shame that with all this investment we seemed to jump after all the wonderkids hoping they pan out rather than going after players with 2-3 seasons of football in them.   If the directors made signings like Gabriel, Washington, Ugo among others at their previous clubs they'd be absolutely delighted at getting top young talent through the door as they'd be able to develop and essentially flip the asset for a massive profit in 2+ seasons time but that doesn't really work for Chelsea unless our model has changed from going after titles to being a talent id factory.