Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Mhsc said:

Given the amount of defensive power we have in Lavia and Caicedo, I wonder if the Cherki idea has gained or lost merit? Originally I was against getting him because he is extremely lazy defensively, but his creativity is not really in doubt. If we played Caicedo + Lavia behind Enzo, Cherki as the RAM and Sterling LAM that would be a better balance of creativity/dribbling. Maybe the defensive output of Lavia+Caicedo cancels out his lack of work ethic... My gut still says don't buy lazy players though, or people that don't score when our whole CM group are not goal scorers.

Cherki - another player with flair, but no real output in terms of goals or assists. We have enough of those.

Might as well resign Felix then.

Yeah, as much as I like Cherki and wouldn’t say no to him if the club targeted him, he really isn’t what we need now. If the plan is to have a rock solid midfield 3 of Enzo, Caicedo, and Lavia then there isn’t really a place for a traditional #10.

39 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Cherki - another player with flair, but no real output in terms of goals or assists. We have enough of those.

Might as well resign Felix then.

Cherki is on another planet in terms of key passes/progressive passes/chances created compared to our wingers/attacking midfielders. There is no one in our squad like him.

51 minutes ago, JDY said:

Cherki is on another planet in terms of key passes/progressive passes/chances created compared to our wingers/attacking midfielders. There is no one in our squad like him.

Is this based off of one season? Need some proven quality not another one hit wonder to put it bluntly.

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Is this based off of one season? Need some proven quality not another one hit wonder to put it bluntly.

I watched Lyon this season against Strasbourg they are horrible, and last night another horrid display by the look of result and stats - both loses. Barcola and Cherki couldn't do shit. 

7 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

That's a great shout. 

Yeah, I'm thinking guy is having 58 goals and 34 assists last 3 seasons predominantly as a winger. 25 years old doing it constantly for years. Players for Portugal could be hit and miss but there is a similarity with Bruno who was doing the same for Sporting for years and left for United at best age and continue to deliver in terms of numbers. Pedro just extended the contract this could be problem tho but definitely have more sense than any winger we bought or are linked. 

15 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I watched Lyon this season against Strasbourg they are horrible, and last night another horrid display by the look of result and stats - both loses. Barcola and Cherki couldn't do shit. 

Yeah, I'm thinking guy is having 58 goals and 34 assists last 3 seasons predominantly as a winger. 25 years old doing it constantly for years. Players for Portugal could be hit and miss but there is a similarity with Bruno who was doing the same for Sporting for years and left for United at best age and continue to deliver in terms of numbers. Pedro just extended the contract this could be problem tho but definitely have more sense than any winger we bought or are linked. 

Think its less of a risk given wingers from Portugal tend to do well in the Premier League. Jota, Diaz, Neto, etc. 

Looks like he has a 68m buy out clause. I'd also throw in Simon Banza as the ST depth as well. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

1 minute ago, mkh said:

Arsenal striker Folarin Balogun has already agreed personal terms with Chelsea.🤔🙉

Help us god. Penogun is shit. Plus can’t finance Arsenal like we do Brighton . Have to draw a line somewhere with bankrolling soulless clubs. 

would rather take Greenwood on a free but not sure how that would look PR-wise. Maybe can spin it as like everyone deserves a second chance and we would have another money Mase. 

14 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Help us god. Penogun is shit. Plus can’t finance Arsenal like we do Brighton . Have to draw a line somewhere with bankrolling soulless clubs. 

would rather take Greenwood on a free but not sure how that would look PR-wise. Maybe can spin it as like everyone deserves a second chance and we would have another money Mase. 

Greenwood? The guys going to always have that baggage with him regardless of who he plays for. I mean he has been acquitted by looks of it I think but doesn’t mean he’s innocent. Voice clips were pretty damning. Boehly made some stupid decisions but this would be one of the daftest things to do if he ok’d such a move.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Jeremy Doku to Manchester City, let's go! Verbal agreement in place after new offer announced here this morning - package worth €65m 🚨 🔵

No doku for Chelsea

Edited by mkh

I dont think the club should sign an attacker for 'goals'. Keep buying players who fit the system, who run and press well, and the goals will eventually come. Last thing we need is another 'goalscoring' signing that will compromise the system-based players we have