Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

57 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Is that another baseless bs drama just to inflate the price for us? I see it rephrased 834 time, still zero details.

8 minutes ago, Thor said:

Yeah - we are all devastated Mr.100% Mount is gone. 

I think problem with selling talented academy players lies elsewhere and it's more about losing some identity with them - we have launched all that heritage/cobham thing few years ago and still trying to ride it, at the same time our academy "heritage" comes down to James and maybe Colwill if he will perform, as Chalobah, Connor and Broja may be as good as gone.

So what's the point of top academy then, if there is no way to first team even more, than before?

Chelsea

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/136149639/Chelsea

• Crystal Palace are NOT happy with Chelsea - full exclusive info here.

• Elye Wahi to Chelsea now looks a little complicated - all you need to know here.

• Romeo Lavia was in London yesterday in order to complete medical tests as a new Chelsea player after a £53m plus £5m deal was agreed with Southampton.

• Did Chelsea over-pay for Romeo Lavia? Neil Jones column here.

• Brazilian talent Deivid Washington also completed the final part of his medical yesterday ahead of a club statement.

• Chelsea have reached verbal agreement in principle with Galatasaray for Hakim Ziyech transfer. Galatasaray have now already booked medical tests for the player.

Latest on Chelsea deals for Michael Olise and Elye Wahi

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/136149630/latest-on-Chelsea-deals-for-michael-olise-and-elye-wahi

Chelsea keep being busy, and it’s true that Crystal Palace are not entirely happy with how the Blues have approached the Michael Olise deal. But it’s also worth reiterating that Chelsea feel they did everything correctly, behaved fine and did nothing wrong.

There's something to clarify between clubs on the mechanism of the release clause, so it’s not ‘here we go’ yet, but Chelsea are confident. Olise has said yes to Chelsea, having also been on Manchester City’s list before they decided to focus on Jeremy Doku.

Chelsea also continue to be linked with Montpellier striker Elye Wahi, but my understanding is that the player’s preference is Eintracht Frankfurt. Chelsea made two bids for him but, after signing Deivid Washington, it looks more difficult as player is also attracted by Eintracht project.

West Ham are also admirers of Wahi, while both the Hammers and Chelsea are also among the names to have shown an interest in Mohammed Kudus this summer.

West Ham remain interested and talks are taking place for the Kudus deal, but it’s especially for if Lucas Paqueta leaves to join Manchester City. It will depend on the bids, but I think there is a chance for Kudus to leave Ajax before the end of the window. Chelsea’s last contact for the player, however, was weeks ago now, along with Arsenal.

Some of our fans are acting like Hall is a nailed on, guaranteed superstar. I just don’t see that in him. Looks like a very promising youngster like the many others we have. He doesn’t look like a Reece James or Levi Colwill level prospect where you can tell years in advance that they’ll be world class eventually. 

Liverpool didn’t see Romeo Lavia as good value, but who will they target next?

On top of the Caicedo news came another blow for Liverpool, with Romeo Lavia also bound for Chelsea. This, in many ways, will hurt the Reds more. Not because he’s a better player - he most certainly is not - but because this is a deal that Liverpool could and should have had sewn up. Lavia has been on their radar for months, and they have had three bids rejected earlier this summer. Their reluctance to meet Southampton’s asking price, which has always been £50m, has cost them, as has their dramatic pivot towards Caicedo last week.

And what this also does is bring Liverpool’s policy of ‘seeking value’ into sharp focus. They didn’t believe Lavia was worth £50m, which is fine. I actually agree. He isn’t. But in the end, they were willing to pay it because they needed a player, and they were still not able to get him. Now, when they switch their attentions elsewhere, they have only two-and-a-bit weeks to get someone in, and everyone knows they have money to spend. How likely are they to find value now?

And who is out there? We know a few players that Liverpool like - Khephren Thuram, Ryan Gravenberch, Manu Kone, Cheick Doucoure. There’s Florentino Luis at Benfica who looks an interesting option. I don’t think they’d go head-to-head with Manchester United for Sofyan Amrabat, while Tyler Adams looks as if he’s off to Bournemouth. Kalvin Phillips? Joao Palhinha? How about Martin Zubimendi from Real Sociedad, or PSV’s Ibrahim Sangare? 

Right now, there are lots of names in the frame, and a need to move quickly and decisively. Liverpool should not be in this position, but they are. Their next move, and how successful it is, could define the rest of their season.

In terms of outgoings, despite reports, I wouldn’t expect Curtis Jones to leave Liverpool this summer. They have enough midfield issues as it is, without letting one of their home-grown players leave. Jones had a good end to last season, and had a good summer with England at the U21 Euros. He looks like a player who is ready to move up a level in terms of influence and performance levels at Anfield. They won’t be selling him.

Hall hardly playing in pre-season i presumed was to look at others who were on the bubble between being sold or kept with Hall himself being sure to be kept. Guess not,being sold for not much more than we have paid for some who have played a few games in minor leagues.

it's not that he was sure to start this season.just that at 18 he has shown too much to let go for such a low fee. Cucurella is a trainwreck we probably shouldnt have played against Newcastle because they saw first hand what a liability he is.Hall is better than him and Maatsen we saw in other positions instead of LB.

Hall was never good enough, neither is maatsen. They're from the academy so I can see the soft spot. In terms of technique, intelligence and overall quality I know he plays on the right, but livramento imo was Chelsea quality. These two in my opinion don't have the necessary attributes to make it at a big club as starters. 

Even hall at Newcastle wont be first choice in 3 years time. Not saying they are bad players.