Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Robert Sanchez is 1.97m apparently, 6cm taller than me, and I am pretty damn tall myself.

Can't pretend I know a tonne about the guy but interestingly obviously our goal keeper coach and recruitment staff do as they all worked with him and know him well. If they think he is the right move I am down, as long as the fee from Brighton is for once sensible. 

8 minutes ago, Vytis33 said:

New deal for Levi is advancing 

That's great news. We'll do e Potch.. he obviously said the right things to him. 

Colwill and Dsasi partnership could be awesome. I do really like Badiashille too though, he is fantastic also. 

A great problem to have.

Article on Sanchez from a couple years ago https://theathletic.com/2921703/2021/11/01/a-year-of-robert-sanchez-analysing-the-brighton-keepers-aggressive-style-and-huge-potential/

The aggressive style certainly feels like a Poch kind of guy. His ability to come for balls in the air and commanding the box would already insta-drop Kepa IMO.

Whatever, I'm on board, lets get him if the price quoted is sensible.

I don't like that way of comparing players as most of those stats are not normalised by minutes played, so players who played more games get a lot of green bars. What website is that? Does it have an option to look at stats normalised by per90, like Fbref? That is more helpful imo. That said, some of those charts have players with similar games and he comes out favourably. I'm curious about his poor passing %, I wonder if that is because he is taking on very direct risky passes instead of keeping it simpler? He is supposedly extremely aggressive, so it could be.

Honestly be surprised if he doesn't bench Kepa if we get him, he is much more Chelsea shaped GK than Kepa imo, we've always had a big man in goal in all of our successful periods.

1 hour ago, Gundalf said:

😄

Is it beyond the realms of thinking that we pay an additional £10m for Sanchez as a better means of spreading the books? Only going off quoted figures of how much we are apart in the Moises deal, nor do I know if spreading would make a meaningful difference for the amount, I'd say not, but we've spent a month haggling over £10m, or so.

16 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Is it beyond the realms of thinking that we pay an additional £10m for Sanchez as a better means of spreading the books? Only going off quoted figures of how much we are apart in the Moises deal, nor do I know if spreading would make a meaningful difference for the amount, I'd say not, but we've spent a month haggling over £10m, or so.

Nothing is impossible. If we suddenly get an 80+5 bid for Caicedo agreed and simultaneously a deal for £25m on Sanchez it gonna look pretty sus.