Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

When Cucurella signed he was nowhere near 60m worth full back, we should pursuit other targets. Absolutely no way to justify his fee. 

In Lukaku, Fofana, Enzo, even Mudryk cases you could find some sort of potential or quality even if we overpaid, but Cucurella was flat out 30m player at best. 

Am wondering if Caicedo is in the same boat because its all potential but he plays for Brighton, had one good season, no european games, no international games where he would excel, and he didnt stand out that much. Even if he reaches his potential, he will be maybe 80m player at best. And everyone acts as if he is already world class. Football has gone mad.

12 hours ago, Jype said:

Is it really though? Brighton are in an excellent place at the moment and he'd definitely be a guaranteed starter there if he was their player on a permanent deal. Brighton are a great stepping stone club and I think it's quite likely he'd end up at City/Liverpool/United within a couple of years anyway if he performed well there. I can understand why he'd be happy to go there if given the chance. 

That said, I really don't get why Colwill wouldn't be excited about his chances with us too. Koulibaly is gone, Silva is 39 and Chalobah could potentially be on his way out as well so there's literally never been a better time for a young CB to come in than now. Even more so now that we have a new manager who's got a great record with young players.

So I hope Colwill keeping all his options open is a case of him just using all leverage he has to stake his claim for a key role at Chelsea. If I were in his shoes I probably wouldn't commit to a long term deal either before even kicking a ball for the club because what's the rush? I see no real benefit to the player himself to sign a new long term deal now as opposed to waiting to see how pre-season and the August PL matches go for him. If he feels he's not valued and/or getting the playing time he deserves he could still push for a move before the transfer deadline, but if he already committed to a new contract before pre-season then that option is basically taken off the table.

But if Brighton have a poor season like what Wolves and Burnley after achieving European football - is it really a good move? Or even if we finish above them?

Look, if he wants to settle playing for Brighton because he thinks it will be easier to become a top player than here, then sell him. Obviously not up for a challenge. Or committed to the club.

I hope we remain firm with Lukaku valuation. No way should we be signing him for just under £100m then selling him within 2 years for more than half we bought him for when he still is very much capable of scoring a lot of goals in Serie A. In fact if he stays fit, you wouldn't put it past him being amongst the top scorers in the league, so if they value him that much, they should be paying more. 

I know a lot of people are happy with Pulisic sale, but again, we have a sold a player for a relatively small fee for someone who is still is fairly young and the fee we paid for him. Lukaku going for £30m or so is a complete piss take. I hope the board hold out for at least £40m. Lukaku already, apparently has said he is willing to take a pay cut to go, so if he is, then Inter should pay more for him. Simple.

Will be exciting to see how the team operates next season. Will probably be the youngest Chelsea team/squad we have seen for a long while. Will have a very similar look to Arsenal last season in terms of age of squad, however ours may be even younger looking at things.

Considering Maatsen is being considered for backup LB role.

Should we try and do a swap for Cucu and Felix + say maybe 10mn odd.

Atleti want Cucu, we may not need him. Felix is training with reserves currently there and we need a reliable player for backup to Nkunku and maybe to even compete with Madueke for RW spot. He was not bad at all last season, if he agrees for a wage cut or Athletico pays some part of his wages then I would be excited to have him back. 

35 minutes ago, shrenshah said:

Atleti want Cucu, we may not need him. Felix is training with reserves currently there and we need a reliable player for backup to Nkunku and maybe to even compete with Madueke for RW spot. He was not bad at all last season, if he agrees for a wage cut or Athletico pays some part of his wages then I would be excited to have him back. 

Felix over cherki any day 

18 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

What happened to James again?

Noone really knows, only vague twitter that he is having his knee scanned to decidie whether he is going to USA, but no words whether it's a new injury or just precaution from previous

1 hour ago, shrenshah said:

I don't think the math works out. 

Atletico were originally looking for close to 80 million for a Felix deal....and no club out there is going to value Cucurella at more than 30-35 million. 

I'd be surprised if Felix isn't a Manchester United player (on loan) by deadline day.   They've always held an interest and he'd be perfect depth for their attack alongside Rashford, Bruno and co.