Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Vlahović is one of those strikers where you love the tools and raw materials but he doesn’t maximize them on the pitch. Or at least he hasn’t since moving to Juve. When he was leaving Fiorentina every big club wanted him because it looked like he was going to be a sure fire superstar #9. But he has really underwhelmed. 

Having read a little more about him at Juve that’s not all down to him, tbf. Apparently Allegri’s coaching has been dire for a couple of years now and there has been quite a bit of dysfunction at that club lately. Iconic players getting super old and either retiring or leaving, key players like Chiesa missing so much time etc. Not to mention the off the pitch stuff.

So I guess at the age of 23 a coach like Poch still sees a potential diamond that can be polished. But he definitely doesn’t feel like a striker I’d be totally confident in.

from what I have read, he does not have the psychological strength to play at this type of club and is weak in the support game 

I'm not against buying him, but never for 80M

we are talking about a player that devalued 

so, we are asking so little for lukaku and vlahovic, who is worse, will be worth £80m? it makes no sense

49 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

It depends on the formation. If 4231 then Caicedo, Enzo, and Nkunku behind the CF. If 433 then again Caicedo, Enzo, and Nkunku in midfield. We need depth for them. We have Santos and Carney, really lacking a real AM. They are young, but I would rather have a talented growing player than a declining player on tired legs. If Caicedo gets done we probably need one more if you are not counting Conor. Tbh, I am curious to see what Poch can do with Conor. At the moment I would say curiously pessimistic, but it could move to curiously optimistic quickly.

No, nkunku is not a centre midfielder. In a 433 he would be the CF or LA. Nkunku needs to b in and around and he box. Is not effective at progressing the ball to attack. We need at least two more central midfielders 

Good thing is if clubs start quoting us 100m for every average joe we can dip into into the free agent market if necessary get at least some proven average PL level players like oxöade chamberlain 

I think vlahovic was terribly misused at Juve, not the type of player where he creates when isolated upfront. I think he would be excellent playing with Nkunku.

I think he is a good fit, he is still very young, where worst case he would still have resell value. 

One less player to worry about this season. Now just need to find new homes for Lukaku, Aubameyang, Ziyech, CHO, Ampadu and Sarr as soon as possible.

Santos, Chukwuemeka, Casadei, Hall etc. can be checked by Poch in the coming weeks before making any decisions on loaning them out for the season or not. 

38 minutes ago, Jype said:

One less player to worry about this season. Now just need to find new homes for Lukaku, Aubameyang, Ziyech, CHO, Ampadu and Sarr as soon as possible.

Santos, Chukwuemeka, Casadei, Hall etc. can be checked by Poch in the coming weeks before making any decisions on loaning them out for the season or not. 

Happy there's not an option to buy.too soon to do that with young players we have only recently signed. And been woefully coached.

1 hour ago, Jype said:

If he takes over the starting role, this gets him Champions League experience.

2 hours ago, Mário César said:

from what I have read, he does not have the psychological strength to play at this type of club and is weak in the support game 

I'm not against buying him, but never for 80M

we are talking about a player that devalued 

so, we are asking so little for lukaku and vlahovic, who is worse, will be worth £80m? it makes no sense

Well, at the very least Vlahovic is twice the actual footballer that Lukaku is. It wouldn’t be as infuriating watching Vlahovic trying to receive the ball and using it, I just think he could end up being just as frustrating at actually scoring in the PL.

47 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Loan mercenary or for the first team? 
So hard to judge Brazilian players and their league from youtube. At first they look like prime R9 and some seconds later it looks like they play on a school yard with pensioners as defenders.

Dybala & Vlahovic all but ruled out within a couple of hours. Which is a good thing.

I’m still holding out hope that we go for Kolo Muani if any striker is brought in.

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Dybala & Vlahovic all but ruled out within a couple of hours. Which is a good thing.

I’m still holding out hope that we go for Kolo Muani if any striker is brought in.

Like the look of him but does he have 20+ goals a season in him?

18 minutes ago, DDA said:

Like the look of him but does he have 20+ goals a season in him?

He looks to me like a 15-18 goals + 10 assists type of forward. Someone who could link up spectacularly with the likes of Nkunku/Mudryk/Sterling and our midfield. Not a striker who will bag us 25-35 like Kane or Haaland.

I just want ANY striker we sign to be a proper footballer and not just a big lump who will be annoying as hell to watch with the ball at his feet.