Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Really stupid to see a bunch of reputable journalists coming out and saying that Mbappe to Chelsea isn’t going to happen as if it was ever even a 1% possibility. Like, no shit! Cheers, Captain Obvious!

Real Madrid is surely the only club he’d consider. But I think they’re creating a headache for themselves by signing him when Vini Jr is already one of the top 3 LW in the world. Not sure how you have Mbappe and Vini who both play that position in the same team. Mbappe hates playing through the middle and it really limits his effectiveness. 

Even some of the other possible clubs that can afford him have super key players on the left who you would annoy or make unhappy if you signed Mbappe.. City have Grealish, United have Rashford, and Liverpool play both Diaz and often Darwin there. Doubt Bayern could afford him and Barca are already living on the very edge of FFP trouble.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Really stupid to see a bunch of reputable journalists coming out and saying that Mbappe to Chelsea isn’t going to happen as if it was ever even a 1% possibility. Like, no shit! Cheers, Captain Obvious!

Real Madrid is surely the only club he’d consider. But I think they’re creating a headache for themselves by signing him when Vini Jr is already one of the top 3 LW in the world. Not sure how you have Mbappe and Vini who both play that position in the same team. Mbappe hates playing through the middle and it really limits his effectiveness. 

Even some of the other possible clubs that can afford him have super key players on the left who you would annoy or make unhappy if you signed Mbappe.. City have Grealish, United have Rashford, and Liverpool play both Diaz and often Darwin there. Doubt Bayern could afford him and Barca are already living on the very edge of FFP trouble.

And we have Mudryk. 

Mbappe could play ST, rumor is if Mbappe wanted an easy route to Madrid his best would have been to stay silent and signed with Madrid on a free. If Madrid wants him they have to splash the cash. 

I think United is the favorite as long as Mbappe would want them.

25 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I was in fairness basing it around the interview where he banged on about repaying faith in him, which I find strange given he'd probably get more games here by February next year than he got at Brighton last season.

Also the fact Brighton keep coming in with bids must surely mean they've been getting encouragement from his side, but hopefully what you've read is right.

I am not worried here, I think Coilwill will be an instant starter next season. He has been at the club since he was 8, I think the club will reassure him of a clear path of playing time.

1 hour ago, Mário César said:

if we sell koulibaly, he will have a lot of play time 

there's no sense to sell him and buy another defender 

theres no doubt he would have a lot of playing time, im saying if he does not want to play for Chelsea he can just fuck off. had enough of that shit this season.

Edited by whats happening

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

there is no way that lukaku turned down 70 millions per year wtf

I think footballers will go to Saudi when they’ve given up on career in Europe so it’s not about money 

Edited by Strike

21 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Really?

In place of who?

or in a back three with Baddy and Fofana?

Badiashille will more than likely be injured at the start and even if he wasn't I think Levi would start over him.

I like Baddy but Levi has potential to be our VVD. 

29 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Badiashille will more than likely be injured at the start and even if he wasn't I think Levi would start over him.

I like Baddy but Levi has potential to be our VVD. 

Think people are really underappreciating the composure Badiashile has at his age. 

I think we need to figure out how to utilise all 3 CBs. 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

We better be telling Brighton that a full sale of Colwill is completely out of the question. Them bidding these insulting amounts and us (hopefully) rejecting them out of hand could end up souring the apparently good relationship between the clubs.

In a world where someone with a similar profile as Levi (left footed, silky smooth, ball playing CB who is barely 20 years old) like Gvardiol is being talked about as the most expensive defender ever if he is sold this summer then £40m is a joke. He is someone who would cost us £85m if he was a Brighton player and we were going in for him.

If we have absolutely no other choice in the Caicedo negotiations then he can go on loan there again but ONLY if he signs a new 5 year contract first.

great (even very good) left-footed CBs who are remotely available are rare as hens' teeth

it only makes sense to sell Colwill IF we are buying one of the following:

I posted on this before:

we have 2 already (we need two or we are back to the turgid CuCu as a CB, arfffffffffffff) in Badi and Colwill

I still hold out the faintest of hopes for Gvardiol next year IF he isn't sold this summer, BUT it is a LONG shot, very long

left-footed CBs I rate

Josko Gvardiol  (probably a pipe dream)

Alessandro Bastoni  (not leaving Inter)

big drop

Sven Botman 
Evan Ndicka   (he is leaving on a free, likely to Roma)
Piero Hincapié 
Gonçalo Inácio'
Micky van de Ven 

(no Kimpembe as he has a ruptured achilles and after this summer he only has one sub 30yo season left, no Lucas Hernández, he is only 6 months younger, and is likely (ironically) going to PSG this summer, and I am not really sold on Pau Torres. Alaba is 31yo in 10 days and is not available, and finally, Laporte is 30yo at the end of this coming season, and is simply not good enough since his bad knee injury 2 seasons back)

I am also not sold on the 20yo Castello Lukeba (Lyon), need to see another season from him and David Carmo (Porto) and Morato (Benfica)