Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Not annoyed one bit about this Ugarte thing, PSG still fucked off with us about the whole Ziyech saga- They have stumped up and doubled the salary apparently, not surprised we have walked away as we cannot simply bowing down to every players demands. If we are going down the whole trimming of wages, this coupled with no CL football we could be in for a lot of knock backs and disappointment this summer.

This is all the knock on effect of players downing tools and chucking the season away.  

24 minutes ago, Strike said:

Have to admit - Smart from Liverpool rebuilding their midfield with two signings for ~80m. 

Very, very good signing. Jealous they’re getting him as I think he’s top class.

We should all thank our lucky stars that we pushed hard and refused to take no for an answer with Enzo when we did. Because after the season we had we would have ZERO chance at him now and he’d be holding up the shirt of a PL rival right now instead.

We’re lucky he’s so good that we can plug in 3-4 different midfield targets on our list and be happy. We just have to sign that player quickly before they’re all gone. 

You guys here made such a compelling case for Ugarte that I was beginning to warm to the idea without ever having watched Sporting live. Well, now let's just hope he flops at PSG.

I do hope we go for Khephren Thuram tho. He too compliments Enzo very well and reminds me of a more dynamic Matic, hurting the opposition with his pointy bones.

I personally would rather we searched the market for an alternative to Caicedo.

He's a good player, potentially very good, but Brighton will want £80m+ or leverage on a Colwill deal. He's simply not worth either of them.

If he was playing for a mid table side in one of the other top leagues, he'd be half the value. I understand the thought process behind buying players with Premier League experience but that still guarantees nothing and you pay inflated prices to boot. All the players we bought last season with Prem experience were amongst our poorest performers last season.

I struggle to look at Caicedo and not think that an alternative to him can be found for a fraction of the price if we actually do a bit of scouting outside of the South Coast of this country.

7 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

It's one of Thuram or Kone next for Liverpool

Both players we should be closely monitoring as well. Unlike us, looks like Liverpool can get their incoming business done quickly because they don’t have 12 players they have to bin off. 

28 minutes ago, Superblue said:

I personally would rather we searched the market for an alternative to Caicedo.

He's a good player, potentially very good, but Brighton will want £80m+ or leverage on a Colwill deal. He's simply not worth either of them.

If he was playing for a mid table side in one of the other top leagues, he'd be half the value. I understand the thought process behind buying players with Premier League experience but that still guarantees nothing and you pay inflated prices to boot. All the players we bought last season with Prem experience were amongst our poorest performers last season.

I struggle to look at Caicedo and not think that an alternative to him can be found for a fraction of the price if we actually do a bit of scouting outside of the South Coast of this country.

The market's becoming thin

in the next month - Ugarte, Rice, Caicedo, MacAllister, Kone will all be off. 

Just now, Strike said:

Would rather keep him at this price. He is worth more than the transfer fee paid in 2020

Yup, we would be absolutely stupid to let him leave for this little. In other words, sounds exactly like a deal Boehly would sign off.

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

We will be very fortunate if we get even close to the price we paid for him-he hasn't improved and if I were TB I'd snap someone's hands off for 50-60M, his wages off the books as well

Real usually pay over the odds.

That's the price you pay for an average player nowadays. Even Cucu cost more than that. If they only offer peanuts like this, we can as well keep him. Maybe Poch can improve him. Next year we will still get 40m or so for him if not.