Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

So surprised on Ugarte, really don’t see him as a quality addition to us, better than what we have? Sure, stats wise, in another league. Rather we look elsewhere to be frank.

6 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

So surprised on Ugarte, really don’t see him as a quality addition to us, better than what we have? Sure, stats wise, in another league. Rather we look elsewhere to be frank.

If he was the centerpiece of our midfield I’d agree he’d be slightly underwhelming. But we already have an absolute gem in there with Enzo. What we need now are midfielders who compliment him and do all the dirty work.

43 minutes ago, Superblue said:

I believe the fee was £56m + £7m in add ons and would assume none of those add ons have been activated yet.

So his remaining transfer fee from an accounting/amortisation perspective should be around £47m.

I know it's far from ideal, but he'll have around £9m amortisation again next season if he stayed, so if we were able to move him on for anywhere around £40m I do think it should be considered. However it'll come down to Poch and what he thinks he can do with which players.

He's not Chelsea level.. I hope Potch doesn't start seeing players who may have seemed fit to wear a Spurs shirt the same calibre of player Chelsea are settling for. Hopefully he aims higher.

Would do very, very well to get those sums in.

But I think if we could get somewhere within the £200-250m bracket would be a very solid achievement.

I don't think that list is particularly controversial - could easily see most, if not all of the above players being moved on this summer.

2 minutes ago, Superblue said:

Would do very, very well to get those sums in.

But I think if we could get somewhere within the £200-250m bracket would be a very solid achievement.

I don't think that list is particularly controversial - could easily see most, if not all of the above players being moved on this summer.

I would agree with that...anything north of 200 million for the players listed would be a good achievement.  It would help reduce the wage bill as well. 

Not sure about the fees for RLC & Mendy though as Italian clubs love their cheap 1 season loan deals, I have doubts that they would pay 25 million for those players. 

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

If he was the centerpiece of our midfield I’d agree he’d be slightly underwhelming. But we already have an absolute gem in there with Enzo. What we need now are midfielders who compliment him and do all the dirty work.

Fabrizio yesterday saying Caicedo is still in Chelsea’s list and he expects a big revolution in midfield. If Kante and Kova both go I can see Ugarte and Caicedo being signed as the replacements.

It will be very long month and a half or two, if we follow the news and tweets. We have sooo many players for the media to speculate on. There will be a sh*t ton of made up stories. I know following the news is addictive, but it is a lot healthier to stay away from all of it. 

10 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

He probably will earn more if we make CL next season.

I don't mind this. It's something the club should have got a hold on years ago. 

There will always be a transition period with something like this but by the end of this summer, given the number of new signings, players agreeing new deals, we might find there aren't too many players left on 'old' contracts.

It's hardly like we're going to be poor payers, but I think having much greater incentivised contracts is healthier for the long term.

Like you suggested, his contract probably isn't too dissimilar to the one PSG are offering if targets are met. 

2 hours ago, ulvhedin said:

No way we will get 35m for Kovacic. 25m for Mendy, 5m for Azpilicueta and 25m for RLC are very doubtful also. 

Yes some of them would be very ambitious, hence why I said instead of the £280m posted, if we got anywhere within the £200-250m range I think we'd have done well, assuming that list is correct for players to move on.

As an example, there's rumours this morning that an agreement for RLC might be close for around £15m + bonuses.

A few of those suggestions could easily have £5 - 10m shaved off their prices, especially if the players move abroad. If we can find buyers for some players in England, a few of those prices might not be too far off. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

They’ve already got one of the best DM’s in the world in Casemiro. Would be a nonsensical signing for them.

Their other options are Fred and McTom in the midfield, I can see why they'd be interested in another midfielder, whether its Ugarte or Caicedo, adding steel to your midfield is never a bad thing  (something we've lacked since Essien left us and then Kante started picking up all those injuries). 

16 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Their other options are Fred and McTom in the midfield, I can see why they'd be interested in another midfielder, whether its Ugarte or Caicedo, adding steel to your midfield is never a bad thing  (something we've lacked since Essien left us and then Kante started picking up all those injuries). 

Feels like Ugarte is the exact opposite sort of profile they need in midfield. They’re like the opposite of us. We have the world class playmaker/ball player in Enzo but lack the hard man DM/destroyer. They have the DM but lack the playmaker deeper in midfield. Which is why they’ve wanted De Jong so badly.

Bruno and Eriksen are more advanced players and aren’t best suited further away from goal.

4 hours ago, TheHulk said:

He probably will earn more if we make CL next season.

Reports that the gap in salary is 2.6m per year. PSG have also said they will pay the transfer fee in fewer installments than Chelsea