Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

30 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I just can’t see it happening. We’ll probably keep Gallagher and Carney as regular rotation players and I doubt Kante will leave if he’s injured again. Five players competing for 2 positions when we aren’t in Europe is probably enough.

A total clearout where we move ALL of Kova, Kante, Gallagher, and RLC whilst bringing in 2 new midfielders would be the dream but sounds very unrealistic.

if we sell mount, kovacic and don't renew with kante, I think that is very possible 

On 25/05/2023 at 21:50, Blue Armour said:

Gallagher as fan.... sorry,  but that's laughable.

There are plenty of amateur 'fans' that could do a better job than Gallagher.

That shouldn't be a criterion to favor one player over another.

Drogba disliked being at Chelsea in his first couple of years. Would you have kept Gallagher over him?

Personally for me it would be one of the criterias for a decision. At the end of the day, players are human beings and will have different reactions from something they like and something they don't, then proceed to base a decision from there.

Yes, if Drogba really wanted to leave then I would let him. I am a firm believer in those who don't want to be here can leave.

Does this mean you would extend Mount's contract, give the green light to his demands, then sell Gallagher? As I think we will only sell one or the other this window.

15 minutes ago, lucio said:

Gallagher shouldn’t kick another ball for Chelsea. He only runs around like a lunatic to compensate for his lack of talent.  Spends half his time sprawled our on the floor like it’s an MMA match too. Absolute joke 

Now this...

How 🤔 in hell people seems to rate Gallagher is beyond me...

1 hour ago, Alabama said:

Now this...

How 🤔 in hell people seems to rate Gallagher is beyond me...

He's held in high regard due to his application and desire to "give his all". That might work at Palace, but he's out of his depth here.

1 hour ago, lucio said:

Gallagher shouldn’t kick another ball for Chelsea. He only runs around like a lunatic to compensate for his lack of talent.  Spends half his time sprawled our on the floor like it’s an MMA match too. Absolute joke 

He’s definitely got a decent amount of talent. He can be someone who is the focal point of a team that’s traditionally mid or lower down the table. The issue is that he’s someone who needs to be playing every single match AND further up in the Mason Mount sort of position on the pitch to reach his best form. Things he’s never getting at Chelsea.

Coming on for short sub appearances or getting the odd start as part of a midfield 2 have done nothing for him. If we could sell him to an Everton/Palace/name your usual midtable side I think he’ll revert straight back to his Palace form. So he’s a very solid player but not Chelsea quality.

We should 100% be looking to move him but I doubt we’ll see it.

On 26/05/2023 at 12:39, DDA said:

Exactly my thoughts. A lot of hype but doesn't look anything special at all 

and, as I said for some time, he is rash in his tackling at times

that said, there are far worse targets we could have, and the two MFers I really really want who are realistic in terms of us pulling them (Arsen Zakharyan and Manu Kone, although the Russia sanctions are fucking us with Arsen, grrrrrr) are not the same type of MFer at all as Ugarte is

I would much rather buy Nicolò Barella, but he is so likely never coming here atm, given the state we are in for now and I also do like Moisés Caicedo

the first 7 posts on the board mentioning Ugarte (even in passing on a list) were from me (which is hardly a shock as I post a huge number of potential lists, updated all the time, as the transfer market is my favourite area of discussion so often)

b4d5c20ba0af68b7ec87528b8ebce66d.png

6 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

If this guy cant score here, we know that we are fucking cursed. 

His career best is 20 goals in a farmers league. Werner got 28, i really wouldn't get too excited 

9 minutes ago, lucio said:

His career best is 20 goals in a farmers league. Werner got 28, i really wouldn't get too excited 

Nkunku career best in BL: 35 goals+assists

Haaland career best in BL: 35 goals+assists

Werner career best in BL: 36 goals+assists

So surely all 3 are as good

Edited by Gundalf

3 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Nkunku career best in BL: 35 goals+assists

Haaland career best in BL: 35 goals+assists

Werner career best in BL: 36 goals+assists

So surely all 3 are as good

Yeh all are good and werner probably would have been a hit at Liverpool under klopp. You have to be exceptionally good to do well at Chelsea as an attacker , like hazard level. Everyone else will flop.