Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

19 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I thought it would be a good idea to keep one experienced midfielder. 

Jorginho left and if we let both Kante and Kovacic go we would not have any left. Mount is also leaving, possibly Gallagher as well. That leaves us with:

Enzo 22 

Casadei 20 

Santos 19 

CC 19 (don't think he can play in pivot anyway) 

And new MF will also be young Lavia, Ugarte, Caicedo... 

I don't have a problem with one of them being in pivot starting with Enzo regardless age but are we really gonna have only these kids on the bench when realistically all should probably go on another loan? 

With only PL and Poch playing 4231 having 4 midfielders is ok. But it should be Enzo, new MF, Kante/Kovacic and one youngster. 

So if we cannot extend Kante just keep Kovacic even if that means losing him for free next summer. 

PSG only paid £15.5m for

0c1824e62d0fccef98b4a2b691714601.pngeea6d92ffeadab02394c5d211c4090f8.png

and they want to sell him

he is a really solid player, I have followed him for ages

6 hours ago, Mário César said:

you think that we will sell ian maattsen?

i hope not ffs

sell CuCu, keep Maatsen

that fucking idjit Boehly

we will get fried like bacon on that insane price we paid for that rotter CuCu though (£117.6m including salary, just insanity)

Sporting Lisboa beat Vizela 2-1, with Franco Israel and Sebastián Coates starting.
Manuel Ugarte was on the bench, he did not see minutes waiting for his future for the transfer period. His arrival at Chelsea could be confirmed next week.

6 hours ago, Vytis33 said:

Who comes up with this stuff?

Doesn't really matter. Hazard is done. Wouldn't even entertain the idea of him coming back here. Madrid may of been his dream but should of stayed put. And avoided 19962 cakes also.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Doesn't really matter. Hazard is done. Wouldn't even entertain the idea of him coming back here. Madrid may of been his dream but should of stayed put. And avoided 19962 cakes also.

The funniest part is...an injured Hazard would still be the best attacker at Chelsea right now....that's how far our standards have fallen since his departure to Madrid

I do wonder what the club does with someone like Havertz as he won't be a 15+ goal a season striker for Chelsea and even Mudryk has looked horribly off the pace (so far), feel like Pochettino is in for a rough ride with our rubbish attack.    At least he had Kane + Son at his previous club to score goals and get results

52 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

The funniest part is...an injured Hazard would still be the best attacker at Chelsea right now....that's how far our standards have fallen since his departure to Madrid

I do wonder what the club does with someone like Havertz as he won't be a 15+ goal a season striker for Chelsea and even Mudryk has looked horribly off the pace (so far), feel like Pochettino is in for a rough ride with our rubbish attack.    At least he had Kane + Son at his previous club to score goals and get results

I feel like the individuals we buy are pretty good we just ruin them with terrible management. 

2 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

He actually wouldn't be, our current attackers are inconsistent to poor but Eden is Alexis Sanchez at United levels of bad.

3 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

The funniest part is...an injured Hazard would still be the best attacker at Chelsea right now

Might be a bit too late for that. Willian, on the other hand...

2 hours ago, lucio said:

I feel like the individuals we buy are pretty good we just ruin them with terrible management. 

I wouldn't say terrible management, we just buy players that don't really fit together. 

Signing Pulisic, Morata, Ziyech, Havertz, Mudryk, Sterling for 40+ million each...not to mention Lukaku for 90+ million in consecutive seasons is just poor transfer judgement. 

Only Lukaku had shown that he could consistently score goals, the rest of them were always known for their inconsistency and I doubt many people had actually seen Mudryk play for his previous club before we got the news out of the blue that we were hijacking the Arsenal deal (that they had been working on for 2-3 months). 

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I wouldn't say terrible management, we just buy players that don't really fit together. 

Signing Pulisic, Morata, Ziyech, Havertz, Mudryk, Sterling for 40+ million each...not to mention Lukaku for 90+ million in consecutive seasons is just poor transfer judgement. 

Only Lukaku had shown that he could consistently score goals, the rest of them were always known for their inconsistency and I doubt many people had actually seen Mudryk play for his previous club before we got the news out of the blue that we were hijacking the Arsenal deal (that they had been working on for 2-3 months). 

I guess I’d include transfer policy and lack of planning as part of the management off the pitch and training ground too. Our coaches have been very willing to sacrifice all our attacking play for “solidity” , tuchel even admitted it.  
but I don’t disagree , buying lukaku when he was completely unsuited for our style and system was ridiculous 

Edited by lucio

I know I said yesterday that Ugarte doesn’t really wow you when just watching highlights. But….when you watch the videos of him against individual big clubs he looks incredible. I’ve just watched him physically dominate the midfields of Juve, Arse, Spuds, and Benfica. And he’s much better technically than I initially gathered from his compilation videos.

This kid could form a truly special partnership with Enzo. Hope we manage to beat our rivals to him. He’d be a major signing for any PL club.

34 minutes ago, Mário César said:

yeah sporting supporters said that he is a amazing player

this is the kind of player we can buy without ucl

we need to be smart

caicedo + ugarte + ltavia would be amazing 

that would be a dream but there's no way we get all of them, particularly with no European football next season. 

Caicedo won't be short on offers, same with Lavia (interest from both Newcastle & Man Utd and City have a buy back for him). 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I know I said yesterday that Ugarte doesn’t really wow you when just watching highlights. But….when you watch the videos of him against individual big clubs he looks incredible. I’ve just watched him physically dominate the midfields of Juve, Arse, Spuds, and Benfica. And he’s much better technically than I initially gathered from his compilation videos.

This kid could form a truly special partnership with Enzo. Hope we manage to beat our rivals to him. He’d be a major signing for any PL club.

I just hope its more than 1 midfield signing heading into next season. 

Ugarte - Enzo sounds good but we need competition in the side and different options, can't just bank on two midfielders (especially with Kova, RLC, Mount all linked with moves away and Kante's injury concerns). 

2 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

that would be a dream but there's no way we get all of them, particularly with no European football next season. 

Caicedo won't be short on offers, same with Lavia (interest from both Newcastle & Man Utd and City have a buy back for him). 

Ugarte - Enzo sounds good but we need competition in the side and different options, can't just bank on two midfielders (especially with Kova, RLC, Mount all linked with moves away and Kante's injury concerns). 

city is only next year 

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I just can’t see it happening. We’ll probably keep Gallagher and Carney as regular rotation players and I doubt Kante will leave if he’s injured again. Five players competing for 2 positions when we aren’t in Europe is probably enough.

A total clearout where we move ALL of Kova, Kante, Gallagher, and RLC whilst bringing in 2 new midfielders would be the dream but sounds very unrealistic.