Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

27 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Im pretty sure Boehly doesnt follow this site.

he should!

we go DEEP at times

and hash out a lot of the major controversies

plus present a shedload of future-forward thought and documentation in terms of systemic risk/reward argument

I, for instance, was already talking about the likelihood of the club perhaps being eventually (down the road as things further escalated in terms of Putin going wild, which of course he did) seized from Roman all the way back in the aftermath of the Skripal poisoning (4 March 2018) going down.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

That's true. There was not too much wrong with Nagelsmann. But there were rumours he los tthe dressing room. But then agian the quesiton is, why do you hire young managers on 5y deals if the slightest resistance of the dressing room has them sacked. Could as well ask the players who should be coach at this point

Moreover, Salihamidzic, Kahn, Tuchel are all three difficult characters. This constellation is a timebomb.

Still there is almost a guarantee of short term success and they probably are looking to salvage this very season at first. No doubt Bayern will blowout Dortmund right after the int break.

Not sure Nagelsmann is the best option for us either. If he really lost Bayern dressing room, he will lose ours in a matter of weeks. Can't be worse than Potter tho.

I know it goes without saying but I’m looking forward to the details coming out, we all make our assumptions based on what we read and never really know but it seems to have in part stemmed from Neuer and the GK coach debacle, and the club seemed to have backed Neuer. Whereas Nagelsmann was consulting Kimmich on key decisions within the squad rather than Neuer and others, all rumour of course just off twitter but you’re absolutely right about the Bayern management board/directors etc 

Seems a poison chalice of a club, he writes, with his blue tinted glasses. Up the Chels!

I would be super shocked if Nags ended up at Spurs though, not just because it’s Spurs but I’d actually lose stock for him, not saying he should take the Madrid job, as they are rumoured to be interested, as I think that’d end up like Munich in truth, same as PSG. Thinking through the clubs and leagues, there aren’t that many options where risk/reward benefits, perhaps take a year to visit clubs and training grounds etc instead until the landscape opens up.

Just now, DH1988 said:

I know it goes without saying but I’m looking forward to the details coming out, we all make our assumptions based on what we read and never really know but it seems to have in part stemmed from Neuer and the GK coach debacle, and the club seemed to have backed Neuer. Whereas Nagelsmann was consulting Kimmich on key decisions within the squad rather than Neuer and others, all rumour of course just off twitter but you’re absolutely right about the Bayern management board/directors etc 

Seems a poison chalice of a club, he writes, with his blue tinted glasses. Up the Chels!

That is a speculative but plausible hypothesis. If their board really is backing a 37yo goalkeeper over a younger, up and coming coach, they are living in the past. Neuer's race is run while Nagelsmann has 30+ years in management left.

If it is really bc of the GK debate tho, Nagelsmann's last interview from a few days ago would have been quite naive.

Anyway, the way Bayern handled this was a massive own goal. The new of sacking Nagelsmann was leaked to Bild yesterday afternoon, more than 24hrs before the official confirmation. Nagelsmann allegedly was informed by a journalist. Some players like Cancelo were told in front of running cameras by reports while on intl duty. This was an absolute bottle job.

Only 5 days ago, Bayern director Herbert Hainer made a strong public statement of support for Nagelsmann.

Honestly I have never been a fan of the young coach, always considered him overrated but he was done really dirty here and with that chaotic board and unsettled squad of theirs. The writing is on the wall for him having his revenge.

I wish Tuchel all the best at Bayern

if not us (of course) I have no truly strong wish as to the winner

other than

NO CITEH!

ever

I hope Citeh never wins the CL, same for Spuds and Arse

I feel for Atletico Madrid, 3 finals, 3 losses

Mbappe like will have to go to Real to win a CL, as I cannot see PSG winning it anytime soon

10 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Nagelsmann allegedly was informed by a journalist.

Rumours are that it was Tuchels side (Zahavi) who leaked the information to the media. Quite dirty if true. 

Tbh, I think that Nagelsmann was mainly sacked bc of performance reasons. Since BL started again after the WC, Bayern is only 4th in the league. They had a 9 points advantage over Dortmund, now they are 1 behind. They achieved only 5 wins in the last 10 league games, that is quite shocking in Bayern terms. Also, 2 of their wins were VERY dodgy (VfB, Augsburg).

He clearly lost the dressing room like Tuchel did with us and they are performing very badly atm. 

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

That is a speculative but plausible hypothesis. If their board really is backing a 37yo goalkeeper over a younger, up and coming coach, they are living in the past. Neuer's race is run while Nagelsmann has 30+ years in management left.

If it is really bc of the GK debate tho, Nagelsmann's last interview from a few days ago would have been quite naive.

Anyway, the way Bayern handled this was a massive own goal. The new of sacking Nagelsmann was leaked to Bild yesterday afternoon, more than 24hrs before the official confirmation. Nagelsmann allegedly was informed by a journalist. Some players like Cancelo were told in front of running cameras by reports while on intl duty. This was an absolute bottle job.

Only 5 days ago, Bayern director Herbert Hainer made a strong public statement of support for Nagelsmann.

Honestly I have never been a fan of the young coach, always considered him overrated but he was done really dirty here and with that chaotic board and unsettled squad of theirs. The writing is on the wall for him having his revenge.

Bayern are usually so close to the vest.

This was very uncharacteristic for them, and yes, it was very poorly handled.

I hate Neuer, always have, he is the epitome of self entitled cuntishness.

Salihamidžić also seems to be a bit of a loose cannon.

Tuchel and him (and the hothead Kahn) are going to likely devolve as the years roll by into a shitshow.

3 ticking time bombs, one cup, lol.

PSG 2-1 Liverpool: 'Thomas Tuchel is the best coach in the world!' - Nasser  Al-Khelaifi | Goal.com

Oliver Kahn on Manchester United: I should have done it - Extra.ie

FC Bayern: Salihamidžić fehlt bei Nagelsmann noch "Fingerspitzengefühl"

Bayern had 14 different coaches in the last 15 years. Thats quite a fluctuation. 

Caretakers not included, the average duration of a Bayern coach is 19,4 months. So Nagelsmanns 20 months are quite average 🤣

30 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

I would be super shocked if Nags ended up at Spurs though, not just because it’s Spurs but I’d actually lose stock for him, not saying he should take the Madrid job, as they are rumoured to be interested, as I think that’d end up like Munich in truth, same as PSG. Thinking through the clubs and leagues, there aren’t that many options where risk/reward benefits, perhaps take a year to visit clubs and training grounds etc instead until the landscape opens up.

the big clubs atm with potential or for sure openings

Real Madrid

Chels (hopefully)

Liverpool (if Klopp packs it in)

PSG

Juve

AC Milan

Inter Milan

Atletico Madrid (perhaps, if Simeone finally packs it in there)

Spuds

12 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Bayern had 14 different coaches in the last 15 years. Thats quite a fluctuation. 

Caretakers not included, the average duration of a Bayern coach is 19,4 months. So Nagelsmanns 20 months are quite average 🤣

becd022f609b7a2b63abe4d9410f1833.png

Actually bit surprised with TT decision. Bayern to me was always a stinky, comedic institution with a lot of self-entitled-ness around due to no financial competition in farmer's league. Not the most inviting work environment, but maybe TT fancies he won't have to deal with anything other, than managing. And unless he plans to trash Salihamidžić and Kahn wannabe CEOs comedians from the get go, this is a portapotty fire waiting to explode.

Meanwhile in Graham we trust, as I doubt Boehly will even bat an eye on Nagelsmann. I'm not saying I'm a big fan of him, but in current situation, lol, be real.

Edited by Vegetable

9 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Ted Lasso turned Richmond into a stable club in the Premier League. Give this guy some credit

Dunno, don't want to throw spoilers here, but last time I've seen them there was a lot of yes-man, yet suffering in Championship 😂

I will say it again, all this circus would be a godsend, if only we were a mid-table club. But in last 25 years we were not, yet we are on good track to become one. And then surely the process will make sense, but I doubt it will be worth it 👀

10 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Dunno, don't want to throw spoilers here, but last time I've seen them there was a lot of yes-man, yet suffering in Championship 😂

I will say it again, all this circus would be a godsend, if only we were a mid-table club. But in last 25 years we were not, yet we are on good track to become one. And then surely the process will make sense, but I doubt it will be worth it 👀

Tbh 3 wins and 1 draw in the last 4 games is a big improvement compared to before. 

On 22/03/2023 at 11:39, Special Juan said:

If not Oshimen it has be Ivan Toney, Toney is a quality player

I am really leaning towards

Rasmus Højlund

turned 20 on Feb 4th, 1.91m tall, super pace, great motor, great presser, already strong, superb positional instincts already

hat trick last night for Denmark

great goals too

especially the first