Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

do some middleman (middle club) deal

That's what I thought would happen in summer, and again in January. The fact it didn't tells us something. Perhaps that dodge faces tougher legal challenges than the club anticipated, maybe the work permit is a problem, maybe something else.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

The 2 managers who can handle big names/big egos (Simeone and Mou would piss too many off and they are old skool defensive park the bus types as well, so bad fits)

Joachim Löw

Hansi Flick

plus maybe

Luis Enrique 

Mauricio Pochettino

ZZ is not a legitimate option in my book, I cannot see him coming here

Julian Nagelsmann is likely not leaving Bayern

Louis Enrique would be my pick

simeone would stir things up and cause mayhem, could be interesting 

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

The 2 managers who can handle big names/big egos (Simeone and Mou would piss too many off and they are old skool defensive park the bus types as well, so bad fits)

Joachim Löw

Hansi Flick

plus maybe

Luis Enrique 

Mauricio Pochettino

ZZ is not a legitimate option in my book, I cannot see him coming here

Julian Nagelsmann is likely not leaving Bayern

Low is a massive risk in my opinion. That lengthy period of time away from club football and the daily managerial and coaching grind is a huge red flag. We had the same problems with Scolari when he came and there were a lot of leaks that the players fitness and conditioning deteriorated under his watch as they were ultimately things he didn't need to take much consideration into when managing Brazil or Portugal as he would usually receive the players at an optimum level of fitness for international breaks.

Poch is an absolute no. It would fall into Benitez vibes, just no way he would be accepted at the Bridge with his Spurs background.

I'm not against the other two if Potter was moved on. Hansi Flick in particular I was extremely impressed with what he did at Bayern and how he got them playing and pressing. 

5 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Honestly until the clubs multi club model is in place or unless he’s being loaned somewhere to keep playing for 12-18 months, I think this signing, at least in the short term next 1-2 seasons, would be very stupid and just stockpiling for the sake of it. 

I get there is talk around Mount being sold in the summer but we also have to consider the fact that Nkunku is signing and then, if Mount goes, I’d imagine Felix on a permanent would be a much much bigger priority as he’s already here, already accustomed to the manager and his teammates etc.

Zakharayan would merely be a squad player and thats without considering if Mount stays also which is also still not to be ruled out.

I actually have a feeling Felix will be signed regardless in all honesty. 

Also god no re Joachim Low as manager here. Yes he had a good 10 year period between 2006-2016 but the after his Germany teams were so average, despite still having a pretty good collection of players to pick from IMO. Plus imagine going to the Bridge to see this bloke scratching his nuts then sniffing his hand afterward on a regular basis? No thanks 😂

Edited by OneMoSalah

18 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Honestly until the clubs multi club model is in place or unless he’s being loaned somewhere to keep playing for 12-18 months, I think this signing, at least in the short term next 1-2 seasons, would be very stupid and just stockpiling for the sake of it. 

I get there is talk around Mount being sold in the summer but we also have to consider the fact that Nkunku is signing and then, if Mount goes, I’d imagine Felix on a permanent would be a much much bigger priority as he’s already here, already accustomed to the manager and his teammates etc.

Zakharayan would merely be a squad player and thats without considering if Mount stays also which is also still not to be ruled out.

I actually have a feeling Felix will be signed regardless in all honesty. 

Also god no re Joachim Low as manager here. Yes he had a good 10 year period between 2006-2016 but the after his Germany teams were so average, despite still having a pretty good collection of players to pick from IMO. Plus imagine going to the Bridge to see this bloke scratching his nuts then sniffing his hand afterward on a regular basis? No thanks 😂

disagree

Zakharyan is exactly the type of creative No 10 AMF we lack

Mount is never going to be that

he is young and inexpensive atm, with huge upside potential

we are fools to not try every trick in the book to attempt to pull him into our orbit

Nkunku and Felix are more SS types than No 10's

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

disagree

we are fools to not try every trick in the book to attempt to pull him into our orbit

I don't get it. Why does Mount, and only Mount, needs to be that player?
So, a team has 2 (maybe even 3) other positions to fill a role they lack in mid/attack. We don't even have an established right winger, and yet Mount *has to deliver the creative role*. There is nothing written anywhere that the left winger has to be the creative one... Hazard vibes?

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

disagree

But would it not be pointless overloading one position with potentially 4 players if Mount stays and if we look to sign Felix which has been heavily hinted no? 

And I don’t know what the formality is with the Nkunku deal but it is “agreed” and would imagine that it is still on. For that reason alone, I was skeptical of us signing Felix but it wouldn’t surprise me now, it just seems like it will happen. 

There are a lot of young and inexpensive players right now but we aren’t going to be able to sign them all. I just don’t see where he fits in the next 2, 3 or 4 seasons with Nkunku coming in, Mount potentially (would still say 75% chance) still being here and I don’t think we can discount Felix ending up here either now with all the noise re him. And with the kid being 19 he has to also think about that. If we don’t keep Mount or sign Felix then maybe but I have a feeling both will be Chelsea players next season.

And if the logic is just sign him because well why let anyone else sign him, then I don’t know just daft. There is no viable logic on unnecessarily stockpiling young players right now particularly as we have just went and signed maybe 7 players under the age of 22. Have no multi club model in place. Have limitations on loan players coming up in the next 1 or 2 years. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

13 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I don't get it. Why does Mount, and only Mount, needs to be that player?
So, a team has 2 (maybe even 3) other positions to fill a role they lack in mid/attack. We don't even have an established right winger, and yet Mount *has to deliver the creative role*. There is nothing written anywhere that the left winger has to be the creative one... Hazard vibes?

not singling out Mount per se

but he is often brought up as being an AMF type

same for Kai, who is far too slow with his feeds and also his lack of slashing drives for a lay-off assist

our current MFers

none are creative, No 10 type great passers IMHO

Enzo Fernández
N'Golo Kanté
Denis Zakaria
Mateo Kovacic 
Conor Gallagher 
Ruben Loftus-Cheek 
Carney Chukwuemeka  
Andrey Santos 
Mason Mount 
Kai Havertz  

the U21 Omari Hutchinson is potentially the closest to that archetype, but seems more of winger atm

Cesare Casadei is more of a box to box CMF type

Edited by Vesper

7 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

But would it not be pointless overloading one position with potentially 4 players if Mount stays and if we look to sign Felix which has been heavily hinted no? 

And I don’t know what the formality is with the Nkunku deal but it is “agreed” and would imagine that it is still on. For that reason alone, I was skeptical of us signing Felix but it wouldn’t surprise me now, it just seems like it will happen. 

There are a lot of young and inexpensive players right now but we aren’t going to be able to sign them all. I just don’t see where he fits in the next 2, 3 or 4 seasons with Nkunku coming in, Mount potentially (would still say 75% chance) still being here and I don’t think we can discount Felix ending up here either now with all the noise re him. And with the kid being 19 he has to also think about that. If we don’t keep Mount or sign Felix then maybe but I have a feeling both will be Chelsea players next season.

And if the logic is just sign him because well why let anyone else sign him, then I don’t know just daft. There is no viable logic on unnecessarily stockpiling young players right now particularly as we have just went and signed maybe 7 players under the age of 22. Have no multi club model in place. Have limitations on loan players coming up in the next 1 or 2 years. 

I don't see it as overloading at all, as we have no player atm truly like Zakharyan

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

not singling out Mount per se

but he is often brought up as being an AMF type

same for Kai, you is far to slow with his feeds and also his lack of slashing drives for a lay-off assist

our current MFers

none are creative, No 10 type great passers IMHO

Enzo Fernández
N'Golo Kanté
Denis Zakaria
Mateo Kovacic 
Conor Gallagher 
Ruben Loftus-Cheek 
Carney Chukwuemeka  
Andrey Santos 
Mason Mount 
Kai Havertz  

the U21 Omari Hutchinson is potentially the closest to that archetype, but seems more of winger atm

Cesare Casadei is more of a box to box CMF type

Yeah I think Kai is the player who often enjoys this free role and does not really deliver in that position: neither goals nor creativity.
That's one of the reasons I like him in the striker position. I fear that he's just not active/creative enough for the CAM position, and my last hope is that he adapts to the striker position well enough.

I agree that we lack creativity, and the manager often plays Zyech on the right trying to fill that role. He's been a bust for us, so that won't work.
The 2 new wingers so far look very FW-like to me, but I need to see more. Right now playing both + a 9 against any strong side would be suicide.

Edited by robsblubot

Alvarez just one start in the last 7 games. Played just 3 mins last 3. With Haaland can't see how is this going to change in the future. 

At 23 he cannot continue career like this. We saw City don't have a problem selling to the rivals with Sterling, Jesus, Zinchenko. Maybe we can push.