Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

On 19/02/2023 at 10:21, Vegetable said:

I still have a gut feeling that Mudryk may have more problems with his mind, than his skill. He looks super dense, stressed and chaotic in everything he does on the pitch and the more it doesn't work, the more he is pushing, leading to more chaos. Funny, given we have just hired the super deluxe mentality coach. 

I'm guessing that dense might have been a typo for tense.

I agree with your observation that there could be a player in Mudryck who is able to make a contribution for Chelsea. As you say, his confidence is low and the pressure of his fee, plus the expectation, is weighing heavy on him at the moment. I really hoped he'd score on Saturday to give him a boost, but now I'm transferring that hope to next Sunday at Spurs.

Every buy by this board has been overpaying, and most are downright donkeys. We overpaid for Mudryk by at least 30-40m and the same for CUCUshit. I would even go as far to say we overpaid for Enzo by about same. Some absolutely nonsensical buys like DDF, KK and Madueke. I don't think these guys ever become first team material. Even Badman only plays well with Silva next to him. Felix isn't worth what he's quoted for so we'll probably be buying him too.

On 19/02/2023 at 10:39, Reddish-Blue said:

Should have buried that 1 on 1 chance he had in the game, even the commentator was shocked saying that Nkunku normally doesn't miss those, but we'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this occasion. 

I didn't see anything from the game so thanks for the info. On the commentator being shocked, the shock itself may be an indicator but I don't give much weight to what was said. It's just one of those things commentators say. For example, they frequently say it in regard to Sam Kerr and my use of the word, frequently, should already be a clue. Sam misses a bucket load of good chances.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

29 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Mudryck certainly had the Arsenal option. Despite the fact that I, and many others I'm sure, still have hopes for him, more than a few are doubting how well we spent when buying him. According to many opinions therefore Mudryck is not evidence that we can attract the right level of player. Rather he is evidence that Arsenal can also attract the wrong* type.

I believe that Enzo's buyout would still have been operative in the summer. I'm not aware that any clubs would have been clamouring to pay that figure in June.

*To be crystal clear, I still believe Mudryck can settle and make a contribution for us. What I say above just reflects how some Blues fans have begun to feel about the lad.

I think in the case of Enzo, it was well reported when we bought him that a deal was nearly agreed to buy him for a lower fee that would have involved him staying at Benfica until the summer, so with this in mind, I do think come the summer Benfica would have been more receptive to selling him probably for a fee in the same ball park as they did with Nunez last summer.

I think there would have been suitors in the summer as there are some big teams that look like they'd be interested in picking up a central midfielder in the summer and in his shoes he may well have been better served waiting it out with Benfica until the end of the season and assessing his options then, but from what it seems a big reason for the success in securing him was down to him pushing to leave so there was definitely a large will to join here.

I think overall however, I'm not that fussed whether there's a small group of players at the absolute top of the market that would be unattainable for us. Our record of big name signings is atrocious as it is. The success over the past couple of decades has been founded on buying players not quite at the top level and letting them develop into that standard whilst here at the club and I see no reason why we shouldn't continue down a similar path to that, albeit even potential nowadays costs huge money so the margin for error is probably smaller. I like the moves the club has made, certainly in January. Enzo and Badiashile have started pretty solid and should only continue to improve in time, and Mudryk and Madueke will get better in time. They've already shown enough in flashes and bursts to suggest both will be exciting players that can play a long term role at the club. 

On 20/02/2023 at 03:13, Vesper said:

we need to recruit him as a GKer, lol

(or imagine him on free and corner kicks or crosses into the box)

(he is 1.93m too)

come on, its obviously fake.

as for gvardiol who i really really wanted, not so sad about him now seeing how good was badiashile so far.

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

come on, its obviously fake.

as for gvardiol who i really really wanted, not so sad about him now seeing how good was badiashile so far.

I came to the forum to talk about Gvardiol because I saw the story WAGNH published today about our approach for him in the summer. Instead of doing that however I wound up commenting on some other posts which caught my eye. That's the problem with this place; too much interesting stuff going on. 🙂

The WAGNH story makes it clear that Gvardiol wanted to join us in summer, but that Leipzig genuinely didn't want to sell. Presumably only a ludicrously big offer could have tempted them, so no deal could be reached. If we had bought Gvardiol would we still has targeted Badi? I don't know. For me however Badi is the best player we've bought this season, not just in January. He looks capable of playing in the centre of a back three, but in a four he would have to play LCB. Badi, Gavardiol, and Levi, would probably be overkill for one role in the team. I'd have no problem with it mind since I'd aim to play the Croatian at LB, but I know few, if any, agree with me about that.

Gvardiol was ‘really confused’ about Chelsea transfer situation but now he’s okay - We Ain't Got No History (sbnation.com)

Oops, I see @Vesper beat me to posting this story by more than 24 hours. Yep, that sounds par for the course. 😞 

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

With the real possibility that Mount could be sold, I hope we are still ready to pursue Zacharyan as his replacement. If not him then Mac Allister would be ideal.

We can't buy a Russian player with what is going on(and probably will never under Boehly, mudryk was a statement buy to wash any doubt about where he stands). 

We would have to sell our arse's to Brighton for MacAllister only for him to become mediocre once he arrives, like Potty and Cucushit.

Edit: Mediocre is a complement to Potter. He wishes mediocrity was his problem right now.

Edited by Hashishi

In his coaching career, Tuchel NEVER showed the form that Potter has shown these past few months. People blame him for shit buys but holy shit that was before I saw the donkeys that were signed in January.

Sterling and Fofana are going to be important to us because we don't have a better RW (even though nick hate sterling runs like a duck) and Silva can't play every game so fofana is our 3rd best CB if Badman keeps 2nd.

Cucu, KK and Auba were all shit buys. Not needed, too expensive and didn't work out. Cucu is the only one who can redeem himself but I don't see how he does that as a backup. KK is a good backup but they shouldn't be on 300k pw, at least he isnt for 8 years. Auba looks set to move on in summer. 

My initial thought on the January buys are a lot worse.

Enzo is 80m max in his prime (unless football prices inflate even more and we sell him to Madrid for 200m).

Felix - a shame that our most in form player is one on loan. I don't think we buy him, nkunku takes his place next year. Expensive loan as well but we needed him.

Mudryk has nothing going for him apart from his pace and those little tricks he does, both of which lead to nothing. Massively overpaid for him.

Badman was a steal, I really hope he keeps it up and doesn't regress, especially when Silva isn't there to keep him in line.

So the main problem is overpaying for Enzo, Mudryk, Felix (Cucu, KK, Fofana and Auba) but now we get onto the real donkeys

DDF and Madueke are not PL level footballers. Maybe they will go on loan and change all of that and prove us wrong like Salah and KDB. I doubt it though and feel they fail the eye test. So we are stuck with another 2 donkeyokos on perpetual loan for 8 years.

Enzo will be better with Kante, playing alongside donkeys like RLC, he’s doing their work as well, Forfana and Bad will be the partnership in a years time, people lacing into Mudryk, madness, clearly not fit yet, and it’s time players passed the ball in front of him, anyone who saw Vinicius rip Liverpool apart last night, was because the ball was played forward to him as quick as possible, they couldn’t double up on him, unlike our mob who wait until he’s got a player a yard from him and another defender behind him

1 hour ago, HEREIAM said:

Enzo will be better with Kante, playing alongside donkeys like RLC, he’s doing their work as well, Forfana and Bad will be the partnership in a years time, people lacing into Mudryk, madness, clearly not fit yet, and it’s time players passed the ball in front of him, anyone who saw Vinicius rip Liverpool apart last night, was because the ball was played forward to him as quick as possible, they couldn’t double up on him, unlike our mob who wait until he’s got a player a yard from him and another defender behind him

Yeah, it was Guardiola who hates those full back passes to wingers for the sake of pass - if winger doesn't have a space it's not easy for him to pass the defender so usually he has to pass back.

Rumours are boehly would look at Glasner as eventful replacement for potter… not sure that’s wise. Same calibre of coach who makes mid table club outperform . We need someone used tl handle big expectations, money egos and lazy millionaires. A proven winner. Boehly does not want someone who previously failed at a big club which narrows the spectrum considerably. 

5 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Rumours are boehly would look at Glasner as eventful replacement for potter… not sure that’s wise. Same calibre of coach who makes mid table club outperform . We need someone used tl handle big expectations, money egos and lazy millionaires. A proven winner. Boehly does not want someone who previously failed at a big club which narrows the spectrum considerably. 

This decision will be by Vivell and Stewart. 

Boehly is done acting sporting director. 

6 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

The 2 managers who can handle big names/big egos (Simeone and Mou would piss too many off and they are old skool defensive park the bus types as well, so bad fits)

Joachim Löw

Hansi Flick

plus maybe

Luis Enrique 

Mauricio Pochettino

ZZ is not a legitimate option in my book, I cannot see him coming here

Julian Nagelsmann is likely not leaving Bayern