Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Would slow your roll a bit before claiming we can compete for everything next season yet. Or even top 4 this year. Likes if Nkunku, Mudryk, Enzo if we get him still not gonna be enough to make us go from where we are now to a championship winning side.

And top 4 is still questionable this year either way. It would take a catastrophic collapse from the current top 4 teams.

Still huge marks over Potter for me as well. Despite a bit of an improvement in last few games still been not enough improvement overall. 

Not necessarily catastrophic. Newcastle is one of the sides up there.

What it would really take is great form from our side.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

There is no “try again” for Enzo. It’s pay the clause or don’t pay the clause.

Can bet Enzo would've been wrapped up by now if instead of 85M we offered something like 100M+ from the get go, now we taking the massive L or pay up.

Think the player talk is bollocks. More than likely no one knows what is being discussed. 

My guess, the club are working with Benfica to pay an amount as close to the release clause as possible. This way we don't have to pay one big installment and Benfica/Rui Costa can say to their fans they sold Enzo on the full or close to the release clause amount. 

2 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Not necessarily catastrophic. Newcastle is one of the sides up there.

What it would really take is great form from our side.

Newcastle, Arsenal, City and United all look much better sides than us at present. Much better sides than us.

The top 4 as it is now I would say is how it would finish barring a minor miracle. Unless Spurs gatecrash it but they don’t typically start games to the second half and there is some sort of lingering around Conte leaving that may derail the second half of their season IMO.

I mean throwing money at all these players is fine but do people honestly think GP is going to get enough performances and momentum to fire us back up the table whilst all of these clubs drop points to make the top 4 this season?

Yet alone seeing folk talk about competing to win everything next season based on the signings of a guy who granted looked decent in the 25 mins v Liverpool but wasn’t difficult to do in a pretty poor game, a player we haven’t even seen play for us yet as well as the fact we don’t really play a number 10/second striker at current so will have to change the system again (Nkunku) and Enzo, who we are no closer to signing? I get being optimistic but I would think next seasons targets should be based on how this one ends. If we finish 6th-10th next seasons aims is top 4. Wouldn't think we should be worrying about competing for the PL title in the next 2 seasons or so if Potter is going to still be around, as he will need time to build something and undoubtedly expectations will need to be managed despite a huge influx of cash - although there is excitement around certain players and targets.