Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

27 minutes ago, Vesper said:

you wanna buy a gently used Pulisic?

well, not so gently used, but he is good for marketing to the yanks, lolol

She won btw, is now Miss Universe

I can actually see Pulisic attracting some interest purely because he's got a world class PR team.

Even sections of our fanbase that watch his shite performances week in week out still give him leeway due to the restart period.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I can actually see Pulisic attracting some interest purely because he's got a world class PR team.

Even sections of our fanbase that watch his shite performances week in week out still give him leeway due to the restart period.

Pulisic we should have sold without giving a minute in January, with the benefit of hindsight... After his WC, value was high and a lot of clubs would be interested in the hope this was a turning point.

I think we should give him some subs minutes towards the end of the season to showcase he "can play and is fit" and then sell him asap in summer before he gets another injury.

Just now, DDA said:

I'm seriously jealous of Benfica getting Schjelderup.

What a talent that lad is.. he will end up at Madrid/City in the end.

I feel like we should just be systematically poaching a decent % the players that clubs like Benfica and the RB teams buy. Probably relies on us having the multi-club model in place though. Some of these clubs have unquestionably proven they can repeatedly buy good, undervalued and highly promising players. 

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

With 2 new attacking players now in with Felix and Mudryk we should not even be thinking about Thuram any longer. Or anyone else in attack. Focus 100% of any remaining business on areas of genuine need. And if possible try to get a head start on outgoings.

RIGHT BACK

Joakim Maehle
Denzel Dumfries
Pedro Porro
Jeremie Frimpong
Matty Cash  
Nahuel Molina 
Malo Gusto
Iván Fresneda 

DMF or Hybrid

Bruno Guimarães    
Moisés Caicedo
Roméo Lavia
Martín Zubimendi    
Kouadio Koné  
Amadou Onana     
Khéphren Thuram    
Manuel Ugarte 

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Why is the admin still posting Mudryk stuff when the signing hasn’t even been announced yet? It’s almost amateurish. 🤦‍♂️ 

What are they posting? Lol

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

RIGHT BACK

Joakim Maehle
Denzel Dumfries
Pedro Porro
Jeremie Frimpong
Matty Cash  
Nahuel Molina 
Malo Gusto
Iván Fresneda 

DMF or Hybrid

Bruno Guimarães    
Moisés Caicedo
Roméo Lavia
Martín Zubimendi    
Kouadio Koné  
Amadou Onana     
Khéphren Thuram    
Manuel Ugarte 

Doesn't Zubimendi have a 60 million euro release clause? Any others with 'tolerable' release clauses? Would love to see us just go no-nonsense grab some players by the end of the window where the clubs just cannot stop us.

https://www.football.london/Chelsea-fc/transfer-news/mudryk-Chelsea-squad-status-wage-25981358

On the face of any potential deal that sees Mudryk join Chelsea, the transfer looks to be another expensive acquisition under the Todd Boehly regime begging the question of Financial Fair Play regulations. However, it's not quite as it seems and the Blues are smart plan in place.

First and foremost, Mudryk qualifies as an under-21 player in the Premier League this season meaning that Chelsea don't need to unregister a player upon his arrival. But, of course, next season he won't qualify as an under-21 so the club will need to make space.

With Mudryk born on January 5 2001, the Premier League rules read: "Under-21 players are eligible over and above the limit of 25 players per squad. Each player is assigned a squad number, which they wear during Premier League matches. For the 2022/23 campaign Under-21 players will have been born on or after 1 January 2001."

Then, with the regard to the payment to Shakhtar for the potential transfer of Mudryk, amortisation is protecting Chelsea from breaching FFP by spreading out the instalments. For example, according to FFP, by signing an under-21 on a six-and-a-half-year contract in January, only £40million will appear on this years records with the remaining balance paid over six-and-a-half-years.

This is a far more cost efficient process for Chelsea than paying a lump sum release clause up front - for example, the Enzo Fernandez saga. However, while this protects the Blues in the next couple of years it could soon catch up with them.

But, this clever planning very much so suggests that the club are planning well, identifying astute deals and pulling the right strings. With regard to Mudryk's prospective wage in west London, The Independent state that Chelsea were willing 'to least double' Arsenal’s offer.

4 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Doesn't Zubimendi have a 60 million euro release clause? Any others with 'tolerable' release clauses? Would love to see us just go no-nonsense grab some players by the end of the window where the clubs just cannot stop us.

Fairly sure Porro at Sporting (RB/RWB) has a release clause, surprised we haven't been linked at all considering Reece's injury issues. 

41 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

On the topic of Mudryk, I've checked him out some more now that we might really be signing him. Certainly has some strong upsides, not least being very two footed, but he is fast and brave. He is essentially a Timo replacement I guess - fast, direct, dangerous when there is space to attack. If he can be more clinical than Timo then he will be loved here, because Timo was actually key for us in an attacking sense he just was simultaneously frustratingly wasteful.

good analogy

Timo pace with a far better shot

28 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Probably relies on us having the multi-club model in place though

This is a question I have on my mind since beginning of this window. Wonder what happened with the idea of buying Portugese/Italian club as having something like this would suit the idea TB is apparently trying to pull off very well. Basically better version of how we used Vitesse in the past and it would also easy our FFP as well I guess and TB could be firing cash at craziest buys he fancies.